Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Distant Worlds II - Early Announcement

Originally Posted by Zeeman View Post (Source)
    There were *so many* CMDR's that there were always people online at all the meet up points. even if you didn't make it for the "official time", it didn't really matter, you had fun regardless. My Aussie/SE Asia time zone means I play at the same sort of time as your game window. I made a special effort for some particular meet ups, but usually just played as normal, and never had any problems with not meeting up with cool people and having a blast.

Z...
    Thanks Zee, I'm reassured by that ... can't wait!

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    Please god no

We'd have our merry band of explorers going on this wonderful trip, all with this expression on their face
    A year is a long time ... we might have eye patches by then?

(new Buckyball race from 21 - 29 October : click banner for full race details)

Originally Posted by Arbitration View Post (Source)
    https://m.soundcloud.com/cmdr-arbitr...distant-worlds

Enjoy! There's a part in the middle that I thought sounds like the Disco-scanner
    Like it - in my playlist now +1
    I remember 'Journey into Space'

I have retro fitted my asp that I used in DW 1 to be faster and jump further since then and I have just added the repair limpets.

To prepare for the expedition, here is a the three main synthesis ore requirements, if any of you think additional synthesis recipes are needed, let me know.

I know that it is a long time away, but plenty of time to gather the required ore in your srv's between now and then.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    A year is a long time ... we might have eye patches by then?
    I'm going to need 2 of those.
    Sits like a man, smiles like a reptile
    CMDR Alad Insane - Exploratory Plonker - Boldy faffing where no man has faffed before

Has SDC joined the DW2 yet?
    CMDR Mr Crown Vic P71

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    I don't think they would want to be seen in a Private Group socializing with a bunch of carebear forumdads.
    CMDR Alad Insane - Exploratory Plonker - Boldy faffing where no man has faffed before

I'm In

I'm already out near Colonia heading towards Sag A*. Where we likely to meet?

Originally Posted by CMDR Calhan View Post (Source)
    I'm already out near Colonia heading towards Sag A*. Where we likely to meet?
    I assume somewhere near the bubble, but since it's going to be a year before we set off, I think it's a bit too early to tell

If i can, I'm Definitely IN!

Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    yep, i think i saw Beseiger a few pages back and there could be others i don't know - i'm no expert. I'm sure they'd just be coming along as protection against Thargoids
    CMDR <-lightspeed-> Expert | ELITE | ELITE but mostly Buckyball Racer
    ship ID : BRC<->

<-lightspeed-> Explorer Tours
    The HIP Hopper }{ Distant Worlds }{ Colonia/Jaques

I assume somewhere near the bubble, but since it's going to be a year before we set off, I think it's a bit too early to tell
    Fair enough, so continue my exploration into the black for now and come home later

Originally Posted by roryclague View Post (Source)
    It would be so cool if FDev left us something extraordinary to find on the way. A new ancient civ, a wormhole to the LMC, the one and only clue ever to be found relating to Raxxla. Anything mind blowing as a gift to the exploration community
    There were strong hints that FDev had inserted something for DWE1 to find along the route to BP. But either we never found it or (more likely) it was just that - a rumour.

I wouldn't hold my breath on anything special getting inserted for DWE2 (call me jaded) but in either case, what made DWE1 so special was the trip itself with a bunch of really awesome people.

I don't think they would want to be seen in a Private Group socializing with a bunch of carebear forumdads.
    Hah, no, but they will buckyball out right at the end to gatecrash the final party and "make it memorable" as they put it.

- Micha |CMDR Myshka Kronosky|Asp Explorer "Alacritious"|Distant Worlds CMDR #254|

Information was relayed on the french forum of Elite Dangerous.

French thread.

We will try to mobilize a maximum on our side.

o7
    https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/32/1/1502117166-signaturekazahnndrahnngrandformat.png

Deep Space Network Discord : https://discord.gg/Hw6SvH2 « The communication network dedicated to explorers for exploration and expeditions »
    Twitter : https://twitter.com/DeepSNetwork

I remember last year Cmdr Harry Potter was with August Exodus.

Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 4652535455565758596066 ... LastLast