View Entry Info: Can't jump anywhere

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Can't jump anywhere

Can't jump anywhere

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Once (<1%)

Time of occurrence
    23:30

Date of occurrence
    10/10/2017

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type
    Pyhton

Commander Name
    Crichton79

Description
    I bought a Python when I jumped to Tujila but now I can't go anywhere because all but 2 systems are out of my range and I can't plot any destination. I have no fsd injection and the orbital I'm on doesn't have a better fsd drive to buy. I would buy my ASP Explorer back that I had sold but I can't buy back all 5A parts I had installed because they don't offer them at this orbital. I just wanted a Python but what good is it if you can't go anywhere.

Steps to Reproduce
    Go buy a Python in Tujila.

Additional files?

1) Buy a better FSD? Not sure what the options are at your system

2) Drop some weight off your Python to maximise jump range. D modules are lightest, drop anything you won't need and try to get to another system

3) Buy a cheap ship, fly that to a better system for equipping a Python and transfer the Python

Some advice. A Python uses the same class FSD as an Asp. You should've transferred as much equipment that would work on the Asp to the Python before selling the Asp. In fact, always downgrade core modules to E and empty your ship before you sell it. This is because Ships sell at a 10% loss and you don't lose anything selling modules.

I can't buy a better fsd because no 5 rated fsd is available at this orbital. And yes this is partially my fault for not checking but also if a station should sell parts for ships that they sell. And I've thought about transferring my ship but I shouldn't have to.

'Tujila 7 a' has Germanium, 'Tujila 9 a' has Vanadium, 'Tujila 5' has Germanium, Cadmium, Polonium and Niobium, 'Tujila 1' has Vanadium, Cadmium and Niobium, 'Tujiula 2' has Yttrium and Arsenic.

From basic to premium injections - every material needed is available in this system.

Herbert Keep on 'Tujila 9 a' sells FSDs rated 4C, that should be a higher rating than the FSDs sold at he orbital station.

Unfortunately not everything is sold everywhere, your only real option is to buy a small ship, find a system that sells the FSD you need & transfer your python there.

I'm afraid you are just going to have to chalk it up to experience & follow metateurgists advice.

Remember the 5 P's Prior, Planning, Prevents, "P", Poor, Performance & be prepared when you next buy a ship!

Originally Posted by Eahlstan View Post (Source)
    'Tujila 7 a' has Germanium, 'Tujila 9 a' has Vanadium, 'Tujila 5' has Germanium, Cadmium, Polonium and Niobium, 'Tujila 1' has Vanadium, Cadmium and Niobium, 'Tujiula 2' has Yttrium and Arsenic.

From basic to premium injections - every material needed is available in this system.

Herbert Keep on 'Tujila 9 a' sells FSDs rated 4C, that should be a higher rating than the FSDs sold at he orbital station.
    Everything there is sound, apart from the advice about the FSD - A 5E FSD will always perform better than a 4A due to the weight of your ship. Always fit the Largest FSD you can fit in your ship!

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    Everything there is sound, apart from the advice about the FSD - A 5E FSD will always perform better than a 4A due to the weight of your ship. Always fit the Largest FSD you can fit in your ship!
    Oh, fine. The station he's at only sells 3E FSDs. But yeah 'Buy a 5E FSD.' is a legit advice in this situation.

Thanks for the advice. I think I might go collect materials for an fsd injection.

I still think this shouldn't have happened though.

You know if you can transfer ships between stations how about a trading system that let's you buy parts from other places and have them transferred to wherever you are for a price.

Try this

https://eddp.co/u/Ht3JYc9w

Should net you almost 14ly. You don't have to do too much to lighten the load.

Originally Posted by metatheurgist View Post (Source)
    Always downgrade core modules to E and empty your ship before you sell it. This is because Ships sell at a 10% loss and you don't lose anything selling modules.
    Unless you leave your modules in your ship when you sell it, in that case you DO lose 10% on the modules. Always "strip your ship" before selling. o7

Originally Posted by Ebel View Post (Source)
    Try this

https://eddp.co/u/Ht3JYc9w

Should net you almost 14ly. You don't have to do too much to lighten the load.
    I would love to try that but the closest 4A FSD is 25ly away. But now joke thank you that's a great strip down setup.

Originally Posted by JetsonRING View Post (Source)
    Unless you leave your modules in your ship when you sell it, in that case you DO lose 10% on the modules. Always "strip your ship" before selling. o7
    I thought I covered that with the "Always downgrade core modules to E and empty your ship before you sell it" part. ;)

13. This is the last staff post in this thread. #13
    Hey Cmdrs,

This sounds like its working as intended.

Originally Posted by Eahlstan View Post (Source)
    Oh, fine. The station he's at only sells 3E FSDs. But yeah 'Buy a 5E FSD.' is a legit advice in this situation.
    Storing his FSD would automatically give him that.

I got out of the system. I found materials for an fsd injection , stored everything but the core components and downgraded some of the core which gave me 12ly max jump then made a jump 14ly away then I could actually plot a destination to buy a better fsd.
    Thanks for the help.