Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: 2.4 The Return - Update 2.4.03

board hopping

since last updates i have major issues refreshing boards, always getting the same mission boards on every server, open, private & solo ...

Originally Posted by NW3 View Post (Source)
    I think it's pretty clear that their mission-generating code is in need of a massive refactoring. Hopefully, that will come as part of the QoL improvements which have been promised.
    I experienced a lot of bugs and flaws and "pseudo" exploits from the 93/95 versions after release, especially with missions. At least they were near perfect in reproducing these.... ;-)
    Good luck.

Originally Posted by IKILLHATERS View Post (Source)
    Please put out a fix to the Clippers shields! I just worked my butt off grinding for the Empire and finally got to Baron and was so excited that I could finally buy the Imperial Clipper. Come to find out, I can buy a really expensive Shield Generator (7a) but I honestly get better shields out of my Fer De Lance or even my Courier. After working so hard to earn the Clipper, I would like to be able to hold my own in battle like I can in the Fer De Lance. Please fix it! Please!
    With engineering, you can build a very fine Clipper that has all the shields it needs for PvE and PvP combat. The latter is a joke regarding weapon placement and canopy integrity, though.

Clipper. Die in style.
    Good luck.

Originally Posted by shadowwar View Post (Source)
    Yes CMDR because one of them counted down ok. The targets were all the same faction.
    Did you get the missions from the same faction too? If so then that's why it happens as those missions don't stack any more unless you get them from different factions. What I mean is:

Faction A gives you a mission to massacre 20 Faction C ships
    Faction B gives you a mission to massacre 20 Faction C ships
    Faction A gives you another mission to massacre 30 Faction C ships

When you wipe out your first Faction C ship the first two missions will show the count but the second Faction A mission won't. It used to but they changed this in the first 2.4 release.

Thanks for the update. Hopefully you'll work on the graphic update soon. Still lots of missing textures. Especially when I fly the Anaconda. Sometimes it really looks pretty bad.

Originally Posted by Tetzmol View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully you'll work on the graphic update soon. Still lots of missing textures. Especially when I fly the Anaconda. Sometimes it really looks pretty bad.
    I used to love Elite: Dangerous...

I don't understand, before 2.4 everything was crisp. I can't understand why after bringing in new content the graphics on PS4 degraded. It shouldn't have happened.

Anyone know what 'speed docking' is saw it mentioned in the 2.4 update

Originally Posted by pnr8uk View Post (Source)
    Anyone know what 'speed docking' is saw it mentioned in the 2.4 update
    I believe (although I keep forgetting to look) that it's one of the tutorial/scenarios available from somewhere in the main menu.

(new Buckyball race from 21 - 29 October : click banner for full race details)

I don't understand, before 2.4 everything was crisp. I can't understand why after bringing in new content the graphics on PS4 degraded. It shouldn't have happened.
    You're preaching to the choir director, LOL. I can forgive it happening (bugs happen), but for Frontier not to be able to fix it weeks later, that leads me to the conclusion that they don't know what they are doing, at least on the PS4.

FDev, I know you have been working with various in-game HR departments to get the proper traffic controllers back on duty where they belong. But the much beloved pre 2.4 era TC in Ohm City, LHS 20, is still missing.

Widdershins, Esq.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    But for Frontier not to be able to fix it weeks later, that leads me to the conclusion that they don't know what they are doing, at least on the PS4.
    They're never too old to learn.

Why do small updates are so long to install ? I see 9MB/s about 30% done, with an ETA of 25min. Is it expected ?

I saw tones of data missions to colonia from merope, now after the update I want to go to colonia, but these long distance missions seemed to have dissapeared??

They're never too old to learn.
    Fingers crossed! If they, particularly those in charge of the Cobra graphics engine for PS4, can master the PS4 the way other companies have (Naughty Dog comes to mind), then ED has the potential to be truly great on our console. I just hope the people they have on that team are 100% focused on the PS4, and not spread thin across multiple platforms. Otherwise PS:ED will always be just a Windows port to a non-Windows console, and it'll never be as great as it could be.

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast