Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, An Update Already.

Smile So, An Update Already.

Looks like Frontier is incrementally fixing things.

In Other News, the Empire is pulling out of the Pleiades. This, of course, is a *complete* shock. Unanticipated, at all. Totally.

The storyline progresses with the rapidity of an old-fashioned play by mail game. But, with pretty pictures.
    "Are you people working under the assumption that playing Elite is meant to be fun?"

"The elite dictionary does not have the word sympathy in it but has about 500 definitions of stupidity​"

"
    The contempt with which the game treats it's players is not accidental. It's by design. The game hates you, that's just the way it is."

So Empire is also pulling out of there? I thought it was just the Feds leaving. Hmmmm. Wondering what that implies.

Originally Posted by Ralph Vargr View Post (Source)
    Looks like Frontier is incrementally fixing things.

In Other News, the Empire is pulling out of the Pleiades. This, of course, is a *complete* shock. Unanticipated, at all. Totally.

The storyline progresses with the rapidity of an old-fashioned play by mail game. But, with pretty pictures.
    Yeah, its ridiculous that it takes days for an intergalactic fleet to respond and withdraw. It should have been seconds.

Originally Posted by Kevin Kyle View Post (Source)
    So Empire is also pulling out of there? I thought it was just the Feds leaving. Hmmmm. Wondering what that implies.
    https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/galnet

Note: play by email is HANDHOLDING, and EASY MODE, both VIOLATIONS, punishable by DEATH.
    "Are you people working under the assumption that playing Elite is meant to be fun?"

"The elite dictionary does not have the word sympathy in it but has about 500 definitions of stupidity​"

"
    The contempt with which the game treats it's players is not accidental. It's by design. The game hates you, that's just the way it is."

There's a storyline?

I thought random crap happened and we read about it.

Last I read the Federation left the Pleiades. Now the Empire?

In other news;

Cosmic Spacehead also left the Pleiades.

Let's all leave! Weeeeeeee!

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Originally Posted by CMDR_Cosmicspacehead View Post (Source)
    There's a storyline?

I thought random crap happened and we read about it.

Last I read the Federation left the Pleiades. Now the Empire?

In other news;

Cosmic Spacehead also left the Pleiades.

Let's all leave! Weeeeeeee!

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead
    You got off the railroad?!? Commie!

Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies!

"

Whys everyone leaving! Rumour has it they are super friendly fluffy green men saving escape pods!!! Come bacckkkkk!!

Originally Posted by Noctover View Post (Source)
    Whys everyone leaving! Rumour has it they are super friendly fluffy green men saving escape pods!!! Come bacckkkkk!!
    I left to finish unlocking the Corvette, so I can give the aliens extra big cuddles.

With missiles.

The Feds dropped a stinker that can be likened to over ripe pedigree chum mixed with shark poop.....even when in a spacesuit, it's apparently a belter!
    Combat ELITE █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Trade ELITE █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ Exploration PIONEER █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ CQC - What?
    The Syndicate - "No Kings, no Queens, no Tyrants....Just Gold, Money and Profit"

Originally Posted by Ralph Vargr View Post (Source)
    You got off the railroad?!? Commie!

Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies!
    I find your lack of faith in the working class disturbing!

All the cogs and wheels stay still if it is the People's will.

Originally Posted by withnail View Post (Source)
    But why are they leaving?
    The known story: it was a cold war between feds and imps over alien resources. The posturing got out of hand, neither side wanted a war. Then thargoids show up, and both really dont want a war. That, ofcourse, assumes they dont know stuff we dont know, INRA doesnt exist and their base is just a hoax, they had no knowledge of the thargoid seeding reported to them decades ago via the survey megaship and the evacuation bases way out in deep space were just build for the fun of it.

Originally Posted by withnail View Post (Source)
    But why are they leaving?
    Could be the literally thousands of ship losses in those Non-human USSs that have been popping up.

Seriously, though, I agree - it needs a little more backstory to explain these. I'd like to have some more meat on these Galnet events.

Ideally I'd like to see more evidence of an actual invasion in the region, too. More than just USSs. Much more stuff like the Alcatraz prison ship that is destroyed. Things like supply shortages, stations being shut down, seeing dozens of AI ships carting people away en masse. Hopefully those kinds of things will be seen to drive the story. Galent is well and good, but it's always better to show than to tell.

Pleiades
    nuts

Need I say more?

Well, the big green aliens that are killing megaships and taking names might have SOMETHING to do with it. Lol
    Who the hell are you? I called for the lord of flatulence, not one of his discharges. - John Constantine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast