Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Flyby Stars" in Hyperspace

"Flyby Stars" in Hyperspace

Hi!

i have to ask this here, since we are all jumping a lot.

After the patch today i see stars fly by in hyperspace. I think this is new and wasn't mentioned in the patch notes.
    I traveled roughly 366.500 Ly so far. I would have seen this before. Am i going crazy or does somebody else notice this?

o7

No you're not going crazy. I've got over 6000 jumps too and just noticed these today.
    CMDR Heg
    I like Cobra MK IV's

The orange and white 'stars' definitely struck me as new after upgrading to 2.4.03 today. I'm right next to the permit-locked Froadik region, so it was quite eye-opening at first but I think it's just a change in the animation. At least, for now (!)
    Yggdrasil race thread

Same in the Buuble, we've thought they were Thargoids but they proppobly aren't. Just a cosmetic, very nice.

Oh yeah, sweet!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Originally Posted by Prorokpl View Post (Source)
    Same in the Buuble, we've thought they were Thargoids but they proppobly aren't. Just a cosmetic, very nice.

CMDR grnbrg.

Although TBH, as pretty as they are... I do not recall there being maybe 30 stars along the path of each of my jumps

I also noticed them and they are actually geographically correct so to say.
    Check your flight path and look which suns come across your hyperspace.

I did read the patch notes as well.. almost asked: "how about the new content?"
    But then it clicked, wait a second, they want to reveal content in stages and players are supposed to figure this out themselves.. so my guess would be: you will probably not find anything in patch notes

agree.. nice cosmetics, I like it
    CMDR Deluvian Reyes Cruz

yes I have seen this also.

I'm just wondering... How come I see a dozen stars during the jump, when I'm jumping to the closest star?

They are the souls of dead explorers.

Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    They are the souls of dead explorers.
    Argh! Souls

Originally Posted by Qohen Leth View Post (Source)
    I'm just wondering... How come I see a dozen stars during the jump, when I'm jumping to the closest star?
    Good point... I suppose the worm hole technology works using a curved hyperspace theory. It never takes the closest direct method, perhaps the path of least resistance???

Other than that, it's just purely a loading screen during the network transition to another star system.
    Proudly Flying as "CMDR SPACE HAMBURGER"

pretty sure we are seeing the stars we fly past now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast