Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39

Thread: "Flyby Stars" in Hyperspace

  1. #16
    Originally Posted by OldSchoolPlayer View Post (Source)
    it's just purely a loading screen during the network transition to another star system.
    Is it now?!




  2. #17
    Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    They are the souls of dead explorers.
    As opposed to the dead soles of explorers.

    If we had to walk all this distance, we'd be killing lots of shoes, that's for sure.

  3. #18
    I'm going with the Dead Souls now. Maybe this is easier to confirm out on the edges but I'm making jumps were you can only reasonably say there are one or two stars near the route and yet I see on average 7 or 8 'stars' of random colours per jump. Then if you get locked into a delayed connection-error type jump you can see 20, 30 or more til you either complete or get dumped.

    Sorry but IMO it's an effect.

    Nice though

  4. #19
    Glad I'm not imagining it.
    I'm not convinced there's any accuracy involved. Seems just to be a splash of colour to me.

  5. #20
    Originally Posted by Henkka77 View Post (Source)
    They are the souls of dead explorers.
    Are there many?

  6. #21
    Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    I'm going with the Dead Souls now. Maybe this is easier to confirm out on the edges but I'm making jumps were you can only reasonably say there are one or two stars near the route and yet I see on average 7 or 8 'stars' of random colours per jump. Then if you get locked into a delayed connection-error type jump you can see 20, 30 or more til you either complete or get dumped.

    Sorry but IMO it's an effect.

    Nice though
    No, the hyperspace jump pulls spacetime into a narrow corridor, if you stayed in long enough you would see every star in the universe go by, either that or the souls of dead explorers as already suggested. Maybe in the future we can exit the tunnel when a star passes by and end up there instead of where we were going, of course if it is on the other side of the universe....oops!

  7. #22
    Doesn't make sense when you're jumping between two stars with absolutely nothing in between... Still nice when you go back in a denser area.

  8. #23
    Perhaps those are the legendary rogue planets, reflecting light of nearby stars.

    ... I don't really believe that.

  9. #24
    I wanna see ghostly faces in the tunnel for Halloween....

  10. #25
    I've also noticed when jumping into binary systems you exit 50LSs or so away from the sun as opposed to a normal drop next to it. Doesn't seem to happen with all binary systems though. Not even sure if this is intended or not.
    Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis for man's desire to understand.
    -Neil Armstring

  11. #26
    Originally Posted by varonica View Post (Source)
    No, the hyperspace jump pulls spacetime into a narrow corridor, if you stayed in long enough you would see every star in the universe go by, either that or the souls of dead explorers as already suggested. Maybe in the future we can exit the tunnel when a star passes by and end up there instead of where we were going, of course if it is on the other side of the universe....oops!
    I did think of something along the lines of distortion of the space time thingy.

    Did you know that there is a theory that there is only ONE electron in the entire universe and that it is everywhere and nowhere all at the same time?

    IDK why I added that but it somehow seemed relevant

  12. #27
    Originally Posted by GunnerBill View Post (Source)
    I did think of something along the lines of distortion of the space time thingy.

    Did you know that there is a theory that there is only ONE electron in the entire universe and that it is everywhere and nowhere all at the same time?

    IDK why I added that but it somehow seemed relevant
    You watch PBS Space Time too?

  13. #28
    Originally Posted by Qohen Leth View Post (Source)
    You watch PBS Space Time too?
    Best physics channel out there.

  14. #29
    Originally Posted by Kurama 1100 View Post (Source)
    Best physics channel out there.
    Heck yes. That channel has helped me out quite a bit. Things I understood, but didn't really understand. If you know what I mean.

  15. #30
    Originally Posted by Orvidius View Post (Source)
    Heck yes. That channel has helped me out quite a bit. Things I understood, but didn't really understand. If you know what I mean.
    Yep, I liked quantum physics before him but he has given me a much better understanding of them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast