Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: I'm curious - do any Flat Earthers from anywhere around the globe play Elite : Dangerous?

There are ways to disprove the flat-earth theory that most anyone can do themselves, as has been mentioned.

How this is even a 'thing' is beyond me.

Of course we do live in some very anti-intellectual/anti-science times.

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    No dude, they live on a plane. That is where the play Elite Dangerous from
    Ok, that was good.

I participate in some healthcare/science related fora for work.
    The amount of science denial and illiteracy even among educated professionals is shocking.
    It's not limited to just some yokels; it's people.

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    No dude, they live on a plane. That is where they play Elite Dangerous from
    /thread, surely?

Science is the new religious fundamentalism. Question science and watch the fundies swoop down with insults about wasted genes and idiocy. Flat Earthers believe the satanic Elites are hiding the evidence of God.

Science is always telling us that we are nothing but a cosmic accident. The total opposite to the teachings that man was God's greatest creation. Could it be the Elite's are manipulating science to such an extent in an effort to disempower the masses so we worship the fakery of consumerism?

I have to laugh at people mocking the flat Earthers while playing video games and being into sci fi. I watch videos about Flat earth, hollow earth and even Dyson Spheres. In fact I just ordered Ring World from Amazon. Paperback of course.

To me it's all fun. Just like Star Trek. Love The Orville too

Originally Posted by Necronaught View Post (Source)
    Question science and watch the fundies swoop down with insults about wasted genes and idiocy.
    Question the the ability of the scientific method to separate fact from not fact and you don't understand the definition of fact.

Question scientific consensus on a given topic, and even on the off chance you are right, you still have to be pretty damn arrogant to come to such a conclusion without proof that is testable via the scientific method.

Flat Earthers believe the satanic Elites are hiding the evidence of God.
    Anyone who believes this is a moron.

Science is always telling us that we are nothing but a cosmic accident.
    Science says nothing of the sort.

The total opposite to the teachings that man was God's greatest creation.
    The scientific method cannot be applied to such statements...which is plenty good enough reason for me to be dismissive of them, but I can't claim that science can disprove them, just that what can't be tested doesn't matter to me.

I have to laugh at people mocking the flat Earthers while playing video games and being into sci fi. I watch videos about Flat earth, hollow earth and even Dyson Spheres. In fact I just ordered Ring World from Amazon. Paperback of course.
    I both enjoy fantasy and mocking those that can't tell the difference between demonstrable fact and fantasy.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678