Thread: Ship pitches like flight assist off

Ship pitches like flight assist off

For the last few days when I pitch up or down it doesn't stop moving when I let go of the thumb stick. It just continues to pitch until I pull it the other way, I can't keep my ship still, making targeting near on impossible.
    It doesn't do it in the menus but it does on the galaxy and system map.
    I have tried resetting my controls back to default but it's still happening.
    Im playing on Xbox.

Its like I'm suing flight assist off but not as severe.

I don't know if the XBox settings allow for it (system or in-game), but if you can try setting up a deadzone on the affected controller axes. Alternatively try a different controller.

I've tried looking through all the settings and can't find any dead zone settings. Must not be able to on Xbox.
    I only have one pad, it's pretty new though, under 6 months old.

Originally Posted by RadMadMonk3y View Post (Source)
    I've tried looking through all the settings and can't find any dead zone settings. Must not be able to on Xbox.
    I only have one pad, it's pretty new though, under 6 months old.
    I've had one fail in that time, it's fairly common for them!

I'll play through a few different games tonight and see if it is the pad. Thanks

I have had mine for 10 years no problems standard leaded type but with usb adaptor for pc as i don't have an x box, I must be lucky or very light on controls
    and if the menus are like the pc version the deadband sliders are well hidden sub menus as hiding things from view is logical to them

Consoles would normally apply liberal deadzones by default, the components used for the ministicks have quite the margin of centring error.

It's the pad, tried on a few other games and it's the same on them all.
    Ordered a new one.

Thanks for everyones responce.