Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mining dropship

Mining dropship

Ok so I'm no mining master, but the dropship appears to be very good value for tonnage to price for a mining vessel, without having a vessel that takes a week to fill up per trip.

My problem? I don't really know how to outfit a ship like that for maximum efficiency. So, if people would be kind enough, can they leave designs for a mining dropship that I can borrow, please (and no engineers if that's possible).

Sorry I don't have a build sheet, I'm on my phone. It's a good miner, little sluggish moving around the rocks.

It is what allowed me to purchase a python, which is a real rock star when it comes to mining.

tobii eyeX, T1600m FCS HOTAS with pedals, Windows10, Acer XB270H G-synch monitor, I7 6700K, MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3 X, MSI GTX970 Enermaz Liqmax II 120s CPU cooler

Some Dropship suggestions in here, along with some other ones.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-for-the-money

In fact just head to that thread and wave at Limoncello Lizard until you get his attention, if his mining senses don't tingle enough that he notices this one.

Pretty much want a prospector, the biggest refinery you can fit, the biggest collector limpet controller you can fit (or the smallest you can stand) , after that, it's all storage.

https://beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfit...ntine's%20

This is a pretty good start, feel free to fill in the weapons and utility slots as you see fit

tobii eyeX, T1600m FCS HOTAS with pedals, Windows10, Acer XB270H G-synch monitor, I7 6700K, MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3 X, MSI GTX970 Enermaz Liqmax II 120s CPU cooler

Originally Posted by Pville_Piper View Post (Source)
    a real rock star when it comes to mining.
    Lmao.

Here you go, something like this will do. Just use whatever core internals you have: https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/fede...SGF9A%3D%3D%3D
    Solo and Private Groups should not affect Open Power Play or the BGS.

Originally Posted by Pville_Piper View Post (Source)
    https://beta.coriolis.edcd.io/outfit...ntine's%20

This is a pretty good start, feel free to fill in the weapons and utility slots as you see fit
    That's a lot of collector limpets....

Originally Posted by Mrat View Post (Source)
    On my Anaconda I run 5 at a time, because you can run and gun asteroids.
    Solo and Private Groups should not affect Open Power Play or the BGS.

I always run alot of mining limpets, I don't like sitting around waiting for them to get done.

With 2 medium mining lasers and 9 collectors on my python it takes 10-20 seconds for the limpets to finish after the lasers finish the rock.

@ Fendalton... 4 medium mining lasers an 3 collector limpets? What a waste of time and lasers.

Originally Posted by Mrat View Post (Source)

There are ten bins in that refinery.
    I run ten active limpets in my Python with the same refinery.
    Thre's a good Dropship build on that thread linked.

You asked for maximum efficiency, so try this

For the name, see Edge of Tomorrow.

(edit - corrected)
    WANTED CRIMINAL Limoncello Lizard
    CAPITAL CRIMES Loitering, Onion Head Smuggling, Overdue Library Book
    CRIMINAL ASSOCIATES Borasetani Syndicate, Brotherhood of Terra Matter, Chapter of Isinor, Conservatives of Tiliala, Crom Silver Boys, Defence Party of Nastrond, Dukes of Jotun, Gilya Law Party, HIP 118311 Posse, Hodack Prison, LTT 198 Order, Luyten 347-14 Prison, Peregrina Aristocrats, Pi Mensae Brotherhood, Sacra Oculus, Sirius Corp, Sublime Order of Van Maanen's Star

Originally Posted by Limoncello Lizard View Post (Source)
    You asked for maximum efficiency, so try this..

For the name, see Edge of Tomorrow.
    M Pulse?
    I assume that was a typo?

Originally Posted by Bob Lighthouse View Post (Source)
    M Pulse?
    I assume that was a typo?
    Oops, thanks. I've corrected my post above.
    WANTED CRIMINAL Limoncello Lizard
    CAPITAL CRIMES Loitering, Onion Head Smuggling, Overdue Library Book
    CRIMINAL ASSOCIATES Borasetani Syndicate, Brotherhood of Terra Matter, Chapter of Isinor, Conservatives of Tiliala, Crom Silver Boys, Defence Party of Nastrond, Dukes of Jotun, Gilya Law Party, HIP 118311 Posse, Hodack Prison, LTT 198 Order, Luyten 347-14 Prison, Peregrina Aristocrats, Pi Mensae Brotherhood, Sacra Oculus, Sirius Corp, Sublime Order of Van Maanen's Star

I also use an FDS for mining. ( https://eddp.co/u/2ZsYWN8c ) This is more or less what I use for a build. I don't bother with a shield as I want more space for mining internals, the FDS has enough hull to take some hits. I find it still capable of defending itself with three multicannons while out mining. Mine is mostly unengineered, except for the FSD range. I always say you can never have too many collector limpets when mining. Good luck o7

Interesting ideas! I'll have to kit out a dropship sometime and see how I like it. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast