Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RepairRats.com - Who Wants It???

RepairRats.com - Who Wants It???

When repair limpets were announced for 2.4 I immediately thought of a Repair Rats group, or even extension of the Fuel Rats. While repair limpets will be far less useful than fuel limpets I still think there is an opportunity to build a new role player group around this feature. Personally this isn't something I'm interested in, I purchased the domain as I wanted to make sure our community owned it in the event we wanted to do something with it (in short I hate domain squatters).

So I'm offering up the domain, free of charge for the 2 year registration I've paid on it. There's no hosting included but if you need assistance there I'm sure we can work something out. Just ell me on why you think I should give it to you instead of anyone else that's interested.

That's it, simple. If no one wants it no sweat, I'll just let it sit. While we can discuss the usefulness of repair limpets that's not really my intention here, just wanna see if someone would like to put the domain to some good use.

Please reply here instead of PM, if you're seriously interested just say and I'll ping you.

~X
    -={ Building The Most Immersive Elite Dangerous Simulator - An Extensive Guide }=-
    Computer | Software | Displays / VR | Chassis | Motion - Vibration / Transducer | Flight Controls |
    Racing Controls / Button boxes | Audio | Storage | Cooling / Miscellaneous | Costs | Questions / The Future | Pictures

-={ Gentleman Pirate - The Guide }=-
    Good Ships | Loadouts | Where/Who to Hunt | Hunting in a Wing
    Conduct / Ethical Issues | Macros / Add-ons | General Workflow of an Encounter | Tips / FAQs

No. If anything, fold it into the Fuel Rat mission statement.

Going into the rim and not counting your stars is one thing, it's the kind of moment of carelessness that can kill anyone if they get distracted for a few minutes and just keep jumping. Coming out without the ability to repair your hull and modules is kinda your own fault by contrast, that's a failure of planning at the outset or a strategic loadout decision to maximize jump range in a tiny vessel, and I'm OK with that being punishable by death.

Speaking as a fuel rat, while there's no official policy on carrying repair limpet's, i can say that most of the rats i know (including myself) carry it anyway as a courtesy

I think this is something that we fuel rats could easily work into our SOP.

Although, we haven't run into many cases where hull integrity is an issue.

Since "rats" is already being used, how about an original name. What eats rats? Cats! Repair-Cats! o7

Or snakes? Repair Rattlers!

It's already exist mate : Medicorp

Repair-Bears has a nice ring to it.
    ---
    CMDR Crumpeteer
    Platform: PC
    Current Ship: Thundering Typhoon

Although that said, why does it have to be the opposite of a rat. No need for the two to work against eachother

wouldn' t the oposite of a rat be a lion?

Originally Posted by SilentFlame View Post (Source)
    Although that said, why does it have to be the opposite of a rat. No need for the two to work against eachother
    Repair-Gerbils?

Nah,now Fuel RATS is an acronym

Fuel, Repair, And Technical Support -- Fuel RATS

In a couple years we'll think that's what it always meant.

Originally Posted by JetsonRING View Post (Source)
    Repair-Gerbils?
    Repair-Pigs?

WANTED CRIMINAL Limoncello Lizard
    CAPITAL CRIMES Loitering, Onion Head Smuggling, Overdue Library Book
    CRIMINAL ASSOCIATES Borasetani Syndicate, Brotherhood of Terra Matter, Chapter of Isinor, Conservatives of Tiliala, Crom Silver Boys, Defence Party of Nastrond, Dukes of Jotun, Gilya Law Party, HIP 118311 Posse, Hodack Prison, LTT 198 Order, Luyten 347-14 Prison, Peregrina Aristocrats, Pi Mensae Brotherhood, Sacra Oculus, Sirius Corp, Sublime Order of Van Maanen's Star

Originally Posted by X-2 View Post (Source)
    Repair-Bears has a nice ring to it.

There are wolves, there are sheep. I am the sheepdog.

I hunt the things that go bump in the night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast