Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 'The Gnosis' and the jump into ...

'The Gnosis' and the jump into ...

...Server Maintenance.

I was docked in 'The Gnosis' and was waiting until 0200h (UTC-5) to experience the jump into another sector. And as it seamed I was waiting in vain. At 0700h UTC, the time The Gnosis was supposed to jump, Fdev shutdown the servers for maintenance. How about that for immersion?

Fly/land safe.

CMDR Steyla

Maybe they should give you a hour long witchspace animation during maintenance. Would that satisfy your need for immersion?

I wondered what would happen if you in board and logged in while it jumped. Now we know, I was onboard but logged off today so I didn't notice

Originally Posted by Vardaugas View Post (Source)
    Maybe they should give you a hour long witchspace animation during maintenance. Would that satisfy your need for immersion?
    I know it's a joke, but it would be kind of neat actually.

Originally Posted by Vardaugas View Post (Source)
    Cool, then we can finally try to find that Coriolis station which was lost in witchspace back in 1984.

Originally Posted by ebbrell View Post (Source)
    I wondered what would happen if you in board and logged in while it jumped. Now we know, I was onboard but logged off today so I didn't notice
    You are here too? What mode are you playing?

Originally Posted by Kaocraft View Post (Source)
    I know it's a joke, but it would be kind of neat actually.
    Yep it would be. I still think it is great. I am now in Witch Head Sector DL-Y D8. Lets explore !

Originally Posted by Koen View Post (Source)
    Cool, then we can finally try to find that Coriolis station which was lost in witchspace back in 1984.
    Tell me more about it. Got some links/info?

Fly/land safe.

Cmdr Steyla

Originally Posted by thestyx View Post (Source)
    Tell me more about it. Got some links/info?

In the old ELITE, one could be pulled into witchspace by Thargoids or induce a misjump by pitching up just before jumping.

After killing off all the Thargoids, one could find a witchspace station if one would fly far enough, because witchspace was technically implemented as a system without a star/planet but with a station.

It was very difficult or impossible to enter this station, because the entrance slot was not on the spot where you would see it and IIRC the station was even not rotating in the same direction it appeared to be rotating on screen, so one would always crash against the station wall if one got too close - but I remember reading a post years ago which claimed somebody had figured out where the slot was and that it was actually possible to enter the station.

It looks funny in my EDSM Flight Log.

In the old Elite, one could be pulled into witchspace by Thargoids or induce a misjump by pitching up just before jumping.

After killing off all the Thargoids, one could find a witchspace station if one would fly far enough, because witchspace was technically implemented as a system without a star/planet but with a station.

It was very difficult or impossible to enter this station, because the entrance slot was not on the spot where you would see it and IIRC the station was not rotating in the same direction it appeared to be rotating on screen, so one would always crash against the station wall if one got too close - but I remember reading a post years ago which claimed somebody had figured out where the slot was and that it was actually possible to enter the station.
    Interesting. I played the old Elite in 1986. But this is so long ago that I don't remember hyperdictions or pulled into witch space. I remember that I once killed all the Thargoids in a system and was awarded (Is this the right term?) Archangel.

Archangel was not in the original 1984 BBC ELITE, I think it was a title (replacing "Commander") you could earn in the DOS version of ELITE by completing the Thargoid invasion mission.

I was inside a capital ship once when it jumped, I was left behind like a McDonalds' bag in a Walmart parking lot.

Archangel was not in the original 1984 BBC ELITE, I think it was a title (replacing "Commander") you could earn in the DOS version of ELITE by completing the Thargoid invasion mission.
    Don't know about DOS. I played it on an Amstrad CPC 6128.

Originally Posted by Schmack View Post (Source)
    I was inside a capital ship once when it jumped, I was left behind like a McDonalds' bag in a Walmart parking lot.
    lol

Incidentally, what is it that people are expecting to find in witchead sector and/or what motivated canonn to pick this jump destination?

I don't know what the motivation of Canonn is. But there must be some convention going on here. There are over 40 CMDR's in HIP 23759 alone, regarding to EDSM. Although I haven't seen many yet. Not in Open or in Moebius/Fleetcom.

My motivation is as always, dream and hope.

I am out there but I did not see any other commanders in the station last night in Mobius, I'll try open.

Love the fact that they parked the station in an Asteroid ring, the view from outside the station is beautiful.
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Find out what is near you:
    http://elitedangerous.hozbase.co.uk/ - Pristine metallic rings, special star systems, rare commodity sources, compromised navigation beacons, canyon runs, good smuggling/haulage systems, alien wreckage/ruins, engineers, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast