Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Who would be willing to PAY for ships?

Originally Posted by ChiefRedCloud View Post (Source)
    NO .... I fully admit that somewhere we'll have to end up paying for new content. But to go the route that IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad did, well I don't like it.

Chief
    Agreed. That was a great game until they got greedy.

I'll play for actual content, ie, space legs, bases, etc, ships, no.

To make it simple NO, just NO!

Originally Posted by Colonel Kenney View Post (Source)
    How would a system like this work in ED?
    Badly. Credits are not difficult to come by. SC is a shining example of how bad this actually is. The game is genuinely suffering as a consequence. This isn't even addressing a problem; it's creating them.

Frontier is 100% on the least impactful path by have paid cosmetics.
    cmdr kofeyh | http://twitch.tv/kofeyh | "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." ľ Citizen G'Kar

If we had to pay for ships I had no issues with sticking to one single ship. So there's no money to milk here, in my case at least...

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    Only nutters claim to think they are struggling, what's wrong with them making more by providing a service people obviously want and currently access via cheating.
    So it's bad to earn credits in game, but fine to short-circuit the entire process with upfront cash payments instead. Do I have that correct? So much for balance.

--

Yeah this is a topic that so isn't going to end well. Multiple pages of unhinged extreme hot takes. Woo. Time to mark this one as ignore too, it's milkshake has pulled all the trolls to the yard.
    cmdr kofeyh | http://twitch.tv/kofeyh | "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." ľ Citizen G'Kar

Never going to happen. FD has always said. This game is not pay to win. Speculate all you want.
    Fly me to the moon. Let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on, Jupiter and Mars

Originally Posted by Captain Willard View Post (Source)
    Never going to happen. FD has always said. This game is not pay to win. Speculate all you want.
    And yet the engineers (which provide an utterly insurmountable advantage for those willing to grind the mats) are behind a paywall.

I'd strongly prefer they didn't. It would devalue actual gameplay progression. Immersion obviously varies from person to person, but for me it would indeed be immersion breaking.

Nothing they could do would get me to buy ships as a way to skip earning them in game, because half the reason I play these games is the enjoyment I get out of working towards new gear. But while I would never want to see it happen, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't end up buying ships in the store if it was the only way to obtain them. I'm too much of a collector for that.
    "I want to be able to play a great game without being griefed by teenagers" - David Braben
    [after being ganked] "I am a bit annoyed, because guess what, that's actually just not fun" - Edward Lewis

Originally Posted by Loskene View Post (Source)
    And yet the engineers (which provide an utterly insurmountable advantage for those willing to grind the mats) are behind a paywall.
    I pay nothing with a fleet of 15. Get a grip and a sensible retort. OH I never grind.
    Fly me to the moon. Let me play among the stars. Let me see what spring is like on, Jupiter and Mars

Originally Posted by Colonel Kenney View Post (Source)
    a silent majority of people who are part of Mobius etc
    this made me smile. you might be a majority (have no idea) but this forum is testament that you are far from silent.

other than that, never trust anyone claiming to speak for a silent majority.

Originally Posted by Loskene View Post (Source)

Which is part of an entire expansion that included more ships, SRV's, landable planets, Multi Crew, SLF.......

You also have to earn money/material/data to use those features. It isnt I bought the expansion I automatically have it in my inventory.

I just finally engineered my Conda how I want it. To those people that roll and roll and roll and roll.....100's/1000's of times for God Rolls. More power to them. That is a lot of hours and effort to do that.

What was suggested here is bam here is my credit card I want this new ship without any effort put forth in the game.
    "Death is a primitive concept. I prefer to think of them as battling evil in another dimension."

I want many more small medium and large pad ships into the game and some capital ships as well but never want them to be a store purchase however since that would come with months if not years of development for the programmers and modeling teens and such I would expect that these hypothetical new ships would be part of a expansion or season or whatever people want to call it. But only available in game with game currency and rep if applicable. But I loath the idea of credit card fleets I feel if I had to do the grind to get said ship then so should everyone els period end of story!!!!!!!!!!

You wont make any progress with your "coherent rational argument" unless you have one.

FDEV's official advice on dealing with griefing :
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...efing-(part-2)

Originally Posted by Mephane View Post (Source)
    They would also have a financial incentive to make the money grind as long and tedious as possible so that more people would feel inclined to just buy their way to their ships.

In the best case, the positives and negatives might cancel each other out. Might.
    ED is my first ever MMO, and to be honest the grind is pretty dang amazingly epic already my approach to the game involves avoiding grind like the plague which is why I'm just a billionaire with a handful of ships after playing since gamma. I know that's normal for MMO's (now) but it was something of a shock. Don't get me wrong ED's a great game but it's a great game where progress is as slow as continental drift, until you git-gud enough to do things like dominate a CZ. My main quick money earner (now) is massacre missions in CZ's, I vary the ships/weapons so I'm always doing something new but it's only the last year I've been a good enough pilot to do that.

You could never buy that from the store, a noob in a corvette is still doomed just less doomed than a sidey pilot.

Having said that people who got the game at the same time as me and immediately spanked things like unlimited rares trading or the cargo scanner giant fine bug had more cash on launch day than I have now. I see them moaning that there's nothing to do or turning into bored griefers who can afford to throw away suicide ships for a kill and think they broke the game for themselves. Pay2win would create more players like that, but they are already here so what the hell.

Originally Posted by Gully_Foyle View Post (Source)
    I respect your viewpoint but I really think it would cheapen the game.
    I agree with yours I'm against pay2win on principle, it's lazy and unfair and I wouldn't do it myself. But I don't think it would have any real impact on ED, as only mugs (like me) don't take the lazy unfair route now.

FDEV's official advice on dealing with griefing :
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...efing-(part-2)

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast