Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seriously Frontier what the fudge!!!!?

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    It's Halloween season.... time for Nightmare Moon.
    Season 1 FiM, right? My daughter's been watching them.

How to navigate the Crab Nebula Labyrinth → https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...bula-Labyrinth
    How to change your HUD panel colors in Windows → https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ns-of-the-Game

Originally Posted by Flimley View Post (Source)
    I don't eat fudge anymore. It contains Elite:letheal quantities of sugar.

Flimley
    Less sugar, more Ethgrezian bud, if you catch my drifting Sidey.....

Originally Posted by xythum View Post (Source)
    Fudge is right at the bottom of my "what sweets do I want from this box of Roses/Quality Street?" list. Below even caramel, it occupies the "only if I have such a serious sugar craving that I'm willing to eat something I hate, and even then I'm not really sure about this" zone few sugary things inhabit.

Strawberry creams FTW.
    But then you haven't tried hot maple candy poured in snow have you?

Originally Posted by lokvette View Post (Source)
    I had some of the best fudge ive ever had in the Lake District this summer past. Man that was some good fudge. Watched them make it too..
    lol, I was there too. Was it a shop in Bowness-on-Windermere?

I bought far too much fudge and hand-made chocolate while I was there...

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    What are these "strawberry creams" of which you speak?
    If they're the boiled sweets, then I have two tubs of those. I can highly recommend the Cheddar Sweet Shop. Not that I have a sweet tooth or anything.

Oh... Did anyone find the planet yet?
    Duchess Commander Crank Larson

Twitch | YouTube

There's fudge, and then there's proper fudge.

The fudged stuff's nasty, only good for cheap chocolate fillings. Full of soya and / or flour and other contaminants.

Real fudge has that crystalline micro-texture, and melt-in-the-mouth feel, an explosion of sweetness and vanilla, caramel and butter...

You used to be able to get the good stuff in Devon and Cornwall (clotted-cream flavour!) and West Sussex (copper pan style), but it's rarer to find these days. When i find a supply i'll clean the shelves and stock up on it..!

Only other thing that quite hits the spot is decent, crumbly Kendal mint cake - the almost-soft-center kind, you can only buy fresh in the Lake District..

Ah English candy eh - take some sugar, reduce it, add more sugar then decorate with liberal dusting of sugar. That's why that "dentistry" fad they have in the US will never catch on here. Who needs gnashers when all the best foods melt?

My dentist is a capitalist, and he *loves* my fudge consumption.
    "Are you people working under the assumption that playing Elite is meant to be fun?"

"The elite dictionary does not have the word sympathy in it but has about 500 definitions of stupidity​"

"
    The contempt with which the game treats it's players is not accidental. It's by design. The game hates you, that's just the way it is."

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    Never liked fudge.

I have this aunt who loves fudge (for some damn reason), and every time she comes to visit me she brings fudge.

Goddamn do I despise fudge.
    Yes, but do you love your aunt?

tobii eyeX, T1600m FCS HOTAS with pedals, Windows10, Acer XB270H G-synch monitor, I7 6700K, MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3 X, MSI GTX970 Enermaz Liqmax II 120s CPU cooler

Originally Posted by WR3ND View Post (Source)
    Season 1 FiM, right? My daughter's been watching them.
    She made a few appearances, yeah.

Originally Posted by Bounder View Post (Source)

The fudged stuff's nasty, only good for cheap chocolate fillings. Full of soya and / or flour and other contaminants.

Real fudge has that crystalline micro-texture, and melt-in-the-mouth feel, an explosion of sweetness and vanilla, caramel and butter...

You used to be able to get the good stuff in Devon and Cornwall (clotted-cream flavour!) and West Sussex (copper pan style), but it's rarer to find these days. When i find a supply i'll clean the shelves and stock up on it..!

Only other thing that quite hits the spot is decent, crumbly Kendal mint cake - the almost-soft-center kind, you can only buy fresh in the Lake District..

Ah English candy eh - take some sugar, reduce it, add more sugar then decorate with liberal dusting of sugar. That's why that "dentistry" fad they have in the US will never catch on here. Who needs gnashers when all the best foods melt?
    Fad LOL
    That explains alot.
    Where's that fudge planet?

Why all the fudge hate? I love fudge!

Also, I think this may be a record for the fastest time a thread went completely off the rails.
    We did seriously derail this thing in, like, no seconds flat.

Then again, based on the OP it really only needed a nudge

No no... that crystalline micro-texture is one of the problems...

CMDR VIN DELANOS
    CEO, Delanos Logistics Group
    Mercenary, war-profiteer, all around sweet guy.

Isn't fudge beige ? Will it be nerfed next year?

I wonder how different fudge is between the USA and the UK. lol. I get the impression that folks over there take your chocolate pretty seriously.

I've heard there are actual *Cadbury* vending machines in the UK. I mean really - that's some wild Wily Wonka level fantasy right there, at least to this 'dirty colonial' (as TJ would say).

Anyone not wanting their fudge mission rewards are welcome to send it here. I eat fudge any time I find a decent supply. Thankfully that is not too often, otherwise I'd weigh more than an Anaconda.

Originally Posted by HazardousMatt View Post (Source)
    Why can I not find the planet that's on the main menu?!?! I've been looking forever!!!
    Great question! Where the hell is it???

I wonder how different fudge is between the USA and the UK. lol. I get the impression that folks over there take your chocolate pretty seriously.

I've heard there are actual *Cadbury* vending machines in the UK. I mean really - that's some wild Wily Wonka level fantasy right there, at least to this 'dirty colonial' (as TJ would say).
    There are vending machines that dispense Cadbury chocolate, yes. I haven't seen actual Cadbury vending machines though.

I prefer Nestle though.
    -== Triple-A Cargo. Anything. Anywhere. Anytime. ==-
    It may not make it intact, but it will make it.

I've been flying round looking for fudge in-game since forever. None of the markets have it. What am I doing wrong?

I don't like fudge either

Dammit! I'm sitting here at 4:00am. Can't sleep, and now thanks to your post I have a craving for sugar that I'll have to feed. Chances are I'll be awake until this time next Thursday AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast