Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: I Want Gimbals! G1t Gud Be Darned.

  1. #1

    I Want Gimbals! G1t Gud Be Darned.

    As title, gimballed Thargoid stuff. I have a game pad you know (if you have gotten gud with a game pad, good for you).

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by N3rd Murd3r3r View Post (Source)
    As title, gimballed Thargoid stuff. I have a game pad you know (if you have gotten gud with a game pad, good for you).
    You have a good point.
    I don not use gamepad myself, but I still like to use gimballed weapons.
    But to be fair the Thargoid ships do not move fast in combat and do not seem to care about evasive maneuvers very much.

    Please do not send me friendship requests. I wouldn't know what to do with them. I never accept them.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    You have a good point.
    I don not use gamepad myself, but I still like to use gimballed weapons.
    But to be fair the Thargoid ships do not move fast in combat and do not seem to care about evasive maneuvers very much.
    Yea about the evasive part... they changed ._.
    http://i.imgur.com/rgHEfe6.jpg

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    Yea about the evasive part... they changed ._.
    Well then... for people with a gamepad gimballed weapon versions are even more necessary.

    Please do not send me friendship requests. I wouldn't know what to do with them. I never accept them.

  5. #5
    Play the game and get better. Using fixed weapons is not so hard. Im playing on xbox and i have no problem that all AX weapons are fixed, no i like it.
    Sorry it sounds more like mimimi... I want, i want, i want, give it to me...

  6. #6
    Hate to be that person, but Thargoid's supposed to be the "end game", I would rather not have its challenging factors taken away because some people cannot aim or refuse to learn, or refuse to group up with other people to compensate for their incompetence in the aiming department.

    There are solutions, but people don't want to take them apparently.
    http://i.imgur.com/rgHEfe6.jpg

  7. #7
    I know, I know. It’s not a genuine sulky demand, I’m just trying to crack one with a FGS. I don’t want it easy.

    I’m not refusing to learn, it’s just small, smooth increments are easier on K&M or HOTAS.

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    Hate to be that person, but Thargoid's supposed to be the "end game", I would rather not have its challenging factors taken away because some people cannot aim or refuse to learn, or refuse to group up with other people to compensate for their incompetence in the aiming department.

    There are solutions, but people don't want to take them apparently.
    I couldn't agree more.

    I have always been a Gimballed pilot, but since th eThargs came by I had to learn to use fixed weapons... and man, it is fun!

    So I agree with everyone: A gamepad offers advantages and disavantages over a HOTAS. LEarn to use them on your benefit.

  9. #9
    AX multi cannons are not available gimballed? Frontier obviously drives the nerf of the gimballes ad absurdum. They already nerfed gimballed weapons into the ground so nobody wants to use them in pvp anymore. That sucks.
    > 27 weeks playing <

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Imo View Post (Source)
    AX multi cannons are not available gimballed? Frontier obviously drives the nerf of the gimballes ad absurdum. They already nerfed gimballed weapons into the ground so nobody wants to use them in pvp anymore. That sucks.
    If you have been following the PvP forum, there has been an extensive guide on the OPness of gimballed pulse lasers for a while now.

    Please do your research.
    http://i.imgur.com/rgHEfe6.jpg

  11. #11
    We definitely need gimbals, or at least seeker AX missiles.

    It's the future, for crying out loud. By 3303 even the bullets should be able to course-correct in mid-flight. Manual aiming is just so... ye olde.

    "Trust me, I'm a geologist." -Me.

    "Think about how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." -George Carlin.

  12. #12
    I'm really struggling to enjoy even trying to kill the thargoids because of this.

    I like big ships. Love them. Being in a huge big daddy ship with all the trinkets is what Elite is all about for me. I'm an avid fan of both the iCutter and the Conda - but both seem really pointless against the thargoids. Fixed weapons are borderline useless, especially on the cutter. Fixed AX missiles on the nose are somewhat effective, if fired point blank but that's about it.

    I'm hesitant to try a smaller ship, because i'll be able to move but i'll also die immediately. I've managed to just get under 6000 HP on my cutter, and playing with my brother who's sporting 4500+ on his Conda, we don't last *that* long. I've got the money and resources to trick out a faster ship, but i cant help feel it's a waste of time as it'll just get shield pen'd immediately and explode!

  13. #13
    No Gluttony: The only "tip" I get again and again ist NOT to use gimballed weapons or NOT to use them in gimballed mode.
    > 27 weeks playing <

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Imo View Post (Source)
    No Gluttony: The only "tip" I get again and again ist NOT to use gimballed weapons or NOT to use them in gimballed mode.
    This is the thread I was referring to:

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...alled-Duelling

    Also, here's the solo video on the new evasive Thargoid:

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...erceptor-Video
    http://i.imgur.com/rgHEfe6.jpg

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by Bryan K View Post (Source)
    We definitely need gimbals, or at least seeker AX missiles.

    It's the future, for crying out loud. By 3303 even the bullets should be able to course-correct in mid-flight. Manual aiming is just so... ye olde.
    You mean you cannot hit a target the size of 2 anacondas with the dumbfires? Dude....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast