Page 667 of 667 FirstFirst ... 657663664665666667
Results 9,991 to 10,003 of 10003

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Star Citizen Discussions v7

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    It is quite obvious CIG hasn't seen gameplay designer for long, long time. It is nostalgia creep without any understanding what was great about the past.

It is how success is measured in USA - you got loads of money, you are successful, no questions asked.
    My dear friend, no it's not, drug dealers are not successful nor are they opstanding people, people look at other people with money and say, "I want that too!" however some people also know that money is not = happiness, so sorry for my OT, but money is not a measurement for success.

Success could be all your children did ok in school, all got an education and a job, didn't do drugs and didn't get pregnant at 13

Originally Posted by Cotic View Post (Source)
    Sure I read that the range based culling changes they made resulted in minimal difference and it was going to require some more/other work.
    Data culling alone cannot solve the issues with performance. It's needed to optimise and streamline the flow of data across the network (there's no point sending information that isn't needed) so it's definitely something CIG needs to look at, but at the same time it's not the only issue there is. Even if it were the one and only problem, the nature of the game means that there would still be issues at ingame bottlenecks.

Originally Posted by Zetta View Post (Source)
    Look at this, you can hardly see your surroundings due to panel and information overload.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB1q1nuCbYY
    Wow! Sometimes I whish ED have some variations in the cockpit UI, just keeping the same organisation but with different styles...

But when I see what they've done in SC just wow! They should clearly had established a standard from the beggining cause most of the cockpits are just like this one... With a huge problem of visibility, and really unintuitive interface...

The freelancer :

constellation ( an exploration ship, but can't see !)

Catterpillar :

Xian scout :

Every ship don't have this problem, but yeah most of them have really bad cockpit visibility.
    It's a shame cause the ships themselves looks really good and they have lots of style and personality, just not so much playability...

You only now notice the terrible cockpit and UI design? Not only are the UI elements inconsistent, but most of the time it's completely pointless fluff, like the line graphs of your EM and IR signature. A simpler indicator would've sufficed, but no, we need four different graphs that don't even correlate so you can't make any educated judgement as to your actual visibility.

Originally Posted by Toumal View Post (Source)
    You only now notice the terrible cockpit and UI design? Not only are the UI elements inconsistent, but most of the time it's completely pointless fluff, like the line graphs of your EM and IR signature. A simpler indicator would've sufficed, but no, we need four different graphs that don't even correlate so you can't make any educated judgement as to your actual visibility.
    Yeah? If I remember correctly they also have a power distribitor copy pasted from elite, except it's weird and clanky...

Wow, those cockpits are a mess - btw is it true that hud was design by someone who worked on Iron Man movie (Stark suit HUD?) If so thats explain a lot - he knows how to make it look cool, not to be usable.

Originally Posted by Virgile View Post (Source)
    Wow! Sometimes I whish ED have some variations in the cockpit UI, just keeping the same organisation but with different styles...
    Dude, use the spoiler tags. Some of us are on mobile.

Originally Posted by DLewth View Post (Source)
    Dude, use the spoiler tags. Some of us are on mobile.
    Yep sorry.

Originally Posted by Vasea Azure View Post (Source)
    Wow, those cockpits are a mess - btw is it true that hud was design by someone who worked on Iron Man movie (Stark suit HUD?) If so thats explain a lot - he knows how to make it look cool, not to be usable.
    Yes that's true but he got moved to working on the flight model (I'm joking but it's not outside the realms of possiblity for CIG).

Yep sorry.
    Cheers dude.

BTW, it's officially Christmas in NZ
    Peas on earth, good beer to all men etc.

3.0 testers: enjoy some pvp pwnage.

But when I see what they've done in SC just wow! They should clearly had established a standard from the beggining cause most of the cockpits are just like this one... With a huge problem of visibility, and really unintuitive interface...

Every ship don't have this problem, but yeah most of them have really bad cockpit visibility.
    It's a shame cause the ships themselves looks really good and they have lots of style and personality, just not so much playability...
    A case of design the ship exterior, then think about the interior.