Page 461 of 667 FirstFirst ... 456459460461462463466 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 9998

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Star Citizen Discussions v7

  1. #6901
    Originally Posted by Minoo Minou View Post (Source)
    In fairness, not all SC backers are potheads with a tenuous grasp on reality...

    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen..._in_the_right/

  2. #6902
    Originally Posted by Minoo Minou View Post (Source)
    This is what you are getting when people can actively live in echo chambers (and yes, that's me included, but I am highly sceptical by nature).

    I mean do I believe in alternative universe where SC would have done right it would get nice player base? Sure

    Would they be WoW numbers? Nope.

    He has no clue what makes games popular, or how they find their player base.

  3. #6903
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    This is what you are getting when people can actively live in echo chambers (and yes, that's me included, but I am highly sceptical by nature).

    I mean do I believe in alternative universe where SC would have done right it would get nice player base? Sure

    Would they be WoW numbers? Nope.

    He has no clue what makes games popular, or how they find their player base.
    I have been watching a lot of the streams and have concluded the amount of $$ people have spent on SC is clouding their judgement on what they are seeing, maybe they are just happy to finally see something close to what was promised. But i expected to see a lot more outrage than i have seen so far, well it's early early alpha so things should get better i would hope.

  4. #6904
    Part 2 on the Spoony history of the Wing Commander franchise (when Spoony Experiment was still awesome). Privateer 2, by Erin Roberts. I was really, really looking forward to play this thing. When I finally got, well, the first two or three hours I wasn't sure what I did wrong. The main concept of Privateer I didn't work, trade. And the 'dogfights' in space were just horrible. So I stopped playing it for a few days, then tried it again, but finally gave up because it was simply not fun. The game is rubbish, seriously, and Spoony does a perfect job in this review to unfold the unbelievable trashy nature of this thing. Probably the studio that produced it blew most of the cash on the movie stuff whereas the game itself was clearly underfunded and had nothing to offer that made the first Privateer special. The film sequences are kinda cool of you like strange, trashy and crazy stuff.

    So the Star Citizen dream team consists of a guy who made a great videogame in the early 90ies but then ruined the whole franchise with a horrible, horrible movie, and a guy, who made a cool-absurd Scifi-Movie for a video game, but ruined the actual game. Sounds promising


  5. #6905
    Originally Posted by BaronDeKalb View Post (Source)
    I have been watching a lot of the streams and have concluded the amount of $$ people have spent on SC is clouding their judgement on what they are seeing, maybe they are just happy to finally see something close to what was promised. But i expected to see a lot more outrage than i have seen so far, well it's early early alpha so things should get better i would hope.
    Those people who have left in 'team Chris' they are just happy to get what they got. So I understand them. It doesn't make SC succesful project, but it at least is not complete and utter scam. It is just colossal mismanagement and that's all.

  6. #6906
    Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Those people who have left in 'team Chris' they are just happy to get what they got. So I understand them. It doesn't make SC succesful project, but it at least is not complete and utter scam. It is just colossal mismanagement and that's all.
    When you sell a colossaly mismanaged product and act like if it's going to be the best ever - that pretty much is scamming.

  7. #6907
    I know I've shown videos of his before, but I really like this bloke (spoiler tags because of language, you've been warned)



    He very much wears his heart on his sleeve when it comes to SC, and boy does he ever get frustrated with the general bugginess and jankiness of 3.0 as it currently stands... I've only watched the first 20 or so minutes, it starts out fairly optimistic but rapidly descends into the usual farce... hilarious.

  8. #6908
    Originally Posted by BaronDeKalb View Post (Source)
    This straight-line travel thing, really shows how nice a game mechanic ED super-cruise is,,, with SC's straight line mechanic i don't see any possibility of interdiction, which means
    camping at way-points will be a big issue.
    The plan is to have interdiction spheres like EVE. So pirates travel along a QT route but stop at some point, drop an interdiction sphere. From there, players who travel along that route get pulled out of QT. As with EVE, the way to avoid it is bouncing, EG, taking a path around the sphere by not going in the same line. In EVE you can often use D-Scan to check if there are bubbles first, don't know if such a thing will be possible in SC.

  9. #6909
    Originally Posted by Minoo Minou View Post (Source)

    First response sums up my impression perfectly

    Sorry I'm high
    You should have lead with that, would save people a few seconds.
    Some people dont want to acknowledge the red flags and problems but it wont change things.

  10. #6910
    No - the straight line mechanic is required for the level of fidelity CIG are aiming at.

    Commandos will be plotting points in grease pencil on their monitors, cuffing sweaty brows, and clicking stopwatches to get that perfect interdiction.

    All their target will be able to do is hold their breath so nobody else hears them, or perhaps hide behind a quasar.

  11. #6911
    Originally Posted by Britney View Post (Source)
    Part 2 on the Spoony history of the Wing Commander franchise (when Spoony Experiment was still awesome). Privateer 2, by Erin Roberts. I was really, really looking forward to play this thing. When I finally got, well, the first two or three hours I wasn't sure what I did wrong. The main concept of Privateer I didn't work, trade. And the 'dogfights' in space were just horrible. So I stopped playing it for a few days, then tried it again, but finally gave up because it was simply not fun. The game is rubbish, seriously, and Spoony does a perfect job in this review to unfold the unbelievable trashy nature of this thing. Probably the studio that produced it blew most of the cash on the movie stuff whereas the game itself was clearly underfunded and had nothing to offer that made the first Privateer special. The film sequences are kinda cool of you like strange, trashy and crazy stuff.

    So the Star Citizen dream team consists of a guy who made a great videogame in the early 90ies but then ruined the whole franchise with a horrible, horrible movie, and a guy, who made a cool-absurd Scifi-Movie for a video game, but ruined the actual game. Sounds promising

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v08KdO7EZU8
    "Did they even test this? This isn't complicated..."
    Hmmm. Seems relevant.

  12. #6912
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    No - the straight line mechanic is required for the level of fidelity CIG are aiming at.

    Commandos will be plotting points in grease pencil on their monitors, cuffing sweaty brows, and clicking stopwatches to get that perfect interdiction.

    All their target will be able to do is hold their breath so nobody else hears them, or perhaps hide behind a quasar.
    The only game mechanic type of reason I can think of for the straight line business, is to focus play on points of interest: Pick your destination and off you go, with the QT transit being a convenient time to load the stuff required for where you end up.
    Not sure how that will translate into the promised feature of exploration - but there you go.
    I last played it in April with 2.6.whatever, I found the mechanic pretty much OK to use, though I was not keen on pointing my ship to find the place I wanted to go, would rather have a map to pick the destination, then point my ship in the right direction before engaging ludicrous speed - is that basic feature in 3.0?

  13. #6913
    Whatever happened to that other game they talked about? No not SQ42 the other one. The BDSSGE?

  14. #6914
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    No - the straight line mechanic is required for the level of fidelity CIG are aiming at.

    Commandos will be plotting points in grease pencil on their monitors, cuffing sweaty brows, and clicking stopwatches to get that perfect interdiction.

    All their target will be able to do is hold their breath so nobody else hears them, or perhaps hide behind a quasar.
    Clearly why they are selling maps and use the term like Admiral, people are expected to literally plot a navigational course for their nautical adventures.

  15. #6915
    Originally Posted by Dooguk View Post (Source)
    Whatever happened to that other game they talked about? No not SQ42 the other one. The BDSSGE?
    I m confused. You mean Star Citizen? Its being done right now! 3.0 is going to be available to everybody and already provides more content and entertainment then most released AAA games. Optimization is under way and the magic germans will flip the netcode switch soon to make everything purrfect. Some of our SC-yesmen went into hiding no doubt playing the fantastic 3.0 and unwilling to share the fun but personally I see this as unrefutable proof that 3.0 is the second coming /cheerio

    /chugs koolaid