Page 461 of 546 FirstFirst ... 451457458459460461462463464465471 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,915 of 8179

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Star Citizen Discussions v7

Got it, thanks. Seems a cumbersome way of doing it but I guess I'll find out once 3.0 goes live (whenever).

Originally Posted by Jonny Shiloh View Post (Source)
    Got it, thanks. Seems a cumbersome way of doing it but I guess I'll find out once 3.0 goes live (whenever).
    Well, considering that previous design called for automatic on rails landing, I will guess SC fans are bit happier about that. But it feels cumbersome comparing to freedom of supercruise.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Eagleboy View Post (Source)
    Well, considering that previous design called for automatic on rails landing, I will guess SC fans are bit happier about that. But it feels cumbersome comparing to freedom of supercruise.
    Yes things can happen to you in supercruise you can change speed and direction even use gravity wells for braking, QT seems static with no game-play associated with it.

Originally Posted by BaronDeKalb View Post (Source)
    Yes things can happen to you in supercruise you can change speed and direction even use gravity wells for braking, QT seems static with no game-play associated with it.
    There's nothing static about mixing drinks for your passengers.

Originally Posted by Minoo Minou View Post (Source)
    In fairness, not all SC backers are potheads with a tenuous grasp on reality...

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen..._in_the_right/

This is what you are getting when people can actively live in echo chambers (and yes, that's me included, but I am highly sceptical by nature).

I mean do I believe in alternative universe where SC would have done right it would get nice player base? Sure

Would they be WoW numbers? Nope.

He has no clue what makes games popular, or how they find their player base.

This is what you are getting when people can actively live in echo chambers (and yes, that's me included, but I am highly sceptical by nature).

I mean do I believe in alternative universe where SC would have done right it would get nice player base? Sure

Would they be WoW numbers? Nope.

He has no clue what makes games popular, or how they find their player base.
    I have been watching a lot of the streams and have concluded the amount of $$ people have spent on SC is clouding their judgement on what they are seeing, maybe they are just happy to finally see something close to what was promised. But i expected to see a lot more outrage than i have seen so far, well it's early early alpha so things should get better i would hope.

Part 2 on the Spoony history of the Wing Commander franchise (when Spoony Experiment was still awesome). Privateer 2, by Erin Roberts. I was really, really looking forward to play this thing. When I finally got, well, the first two or three hours I wasn't sure what I did wrong. The main concept of Privateer I didn't work, trade. And the 'dogfights' in space were just horrible. So I stopped playing it for a few days, then tried it again, but finally gave up because it was simply not fun. The game is rubbish, seriously, and Spoony does a perfect job in this review to unfold the unbelievable trashy nature of this thing. Probably the studio that produced it blew most of the cash on the movie stuff whereas the game itself was clearly underfunded and had nothing to offer that made the first Privateer special. The film sequences are kinda cool of you like strange, trashy and crazy stuff.

So the Star Citizen dream team consists of a guy who made a great videogame in the early 90ies but then ruined the whole franchise with a horrible, horrible movie, and a guy, who made a cool-absurd Scifi-Movie for a video game, but ruined the actual game. Sounds promising

I have been watching a lot of the streams and have concluded the amount of $$ people have spent on SC is clouding their judgement on what they are seeing, maybe they are just happy to finally see something close to what was promised. But i expected to see a lot more outrage than i have seen so far, well it's early early alpha so things should get better i would hope.
    Those people who have left in 'team Chris' they are just happy to get what they got. So I understand them. It doesn't make SC succesful project, but it at least is not complete and utter scam. It is just colossal mismanagement and that's all.

Those people who have left in 'team Chris' they are just happy to get what they got. So I understand them. It doesn't make SC succesful project, but it at least is not complete and utter scam. It is just colossal mismanagement and that's all.
    When you sell a colossaly mismanaged product and act like if it's going to be the best ever - that pretty much is scamming.

I know I've shown videos of his before, but I really like this bloke (spoiler tags because of language, you've been warned)

He very much wears his heart on his sleeve when it comes to SC, and boy does he ever get frustrated with the general bugginess and jankiness of 3.0 as it currently stands... I've only watched the first 20 or so minutes, it starts out fairly optimistic but rapidly descends into the usual farce... hilarious.

This straight-line travel thing, really shows how nice a game mechanic ED super-cruise is,,, with SC's straight line mechanic i don't see any possibility of interdiction, which means
    camping at way-points will be a big issue.
    The plan is to have interdiction spheres like EVE. So pirates travel along a QT route but stop at some point, drop an interdiction sphere. From there, players who travel along that route get pulled out of QT. As with EVE, the way to avoid it is bouncing, EG, taking a path around the sphere by not going in the same line. In EVE you can often use D-Scan to check if there are bubbles first, don't know if such a thing will be possible in SC.

First response sums up my impression perfectly

Sorry I'm high
    You should have lead with that, would save people a few seconds.
    Some people dont want to acknowledge the red flags and problems but it wont change things.

No - the straight line mechanic is required for the level of fidelity CIG are aiming at.

Commandos will be plotting points in grease pencil on their monitors, cuffing sweaty brows, and clicking stopwatches to get that perfect interdiction.

All their target will be able to do is hold their breath so nobody else hears them, or perhaps hide behind a quasar.

Page 461 of 546 FirstFirst ... 451457458459460461462463464465471 ... LastLast