Page 76 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1664

Thread: [Suggestion] How to incentivise open play and make it relevant

  1. #1126


    If it's not your problem, that console players have equal effect on the BGS while working in the only mode that they are allowed to participate in without further funding, then why do you make it out to be that a problem does indeed exist?

    Pew-pews trying to find more and more "directions" for people to be funneled into Open for their own amusement, will simply and inevitably lead to others find more and more entertaining ways to completely avoid doing so, and fill lulzbuckets at the RAEG generated thusly

    It's a self-feedback loop, and it just generates more and more lulz, because until the game design is altered at it's most fundamental level, the pew-pews win, in a game that cannot be won, simply due to their limited understanding of the game mechanics, and the gameplay "mistakes" that are directly caused by that limited understanding.

  2. #1127
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)


    If it's not your problem, that console players have equal effect on the BGS while working in the only mode that they are allowed to participate in without further funding, then why do you make it out to be that a problem does indeed exist?

    Pew-pews trying to find more and more "directions" for people to be funneled into Open for their own amusement, will simply and inevitably lead to others find more and more entertaining ways to completely avoid doing so, and fill lulzbuckets at the RAEG generated thusly

    It's a self-feedback loop, and it just generates more and more lulz, because until the game design is altered at it's most fundamental level, the pew-pews win, in a game that cannot be won, simply due to their limited understanding of the game mechanics, and the gameplay "mistakes" that are directly caused by that limited understanding.
    Because enough is enough and its time for a change. Limit the BGS to Open play. Everything else for personal growth in solo. Play with your friends in private group. But if you want the multiplayer experience. GO PAY FOR IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

  3. #1128
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Because enough is enough and its time for a change. Limit the BGS to Open play. Everything else for personal growth in solo. Play with your friends in private group. But if you want the multiplayer experience. GO PAY FOR IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.
    No thanks. as other opinions naturally vary....

    ... and we all paid for the game (unless we were gifted it, of course) - equal access and all that...

  4. #1129
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    GO PAY FOR IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.


    Ok then - how about I open a port on my firewall for 15 minutes so you can pew-pew me in Open? In minute 16, port shuts off until you send me another .001 bitcoin

    GO PAY FOR IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

  5. #1130
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)


    Ok then - how about I open a port on my firewall for 15 minutes so you can pew-pew me in Open? In minute 16, port shuts off until you send me another .001 bitcoin

    GO PAY FOR IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE
    You shall pay as much as I do for your multiplayer experience mister

  6. #1131
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)


    Ok then - how about I open a port on my firewall for 15 minutes so you can pew-pew me in Open? In minute 16, port shuts off until you send me another .001 bitcoin

    GO PAY FOR IT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE
    How about you get banned for cheating. Like every other game?

    This is what confuses me. This is the only community that encourages cheating. And looks down on player vs player activity. Very g childish. And frontier should be speaking up about it. As well as following through with combat logging.

    Remember when I said, you people are going to take the lesser path of resistance. Using solo and private modes to have an effect on other player factions? Now youre going to go out of your way to cheat, to further prove my point.

    Thanks.

    GAME. SET. MATCH.

    Im done here.

    Frontier. THE BALL IS IN YOUR COURT. You going to allow cheaters?

  7. #1132
    So long as there are people with the ability to ruin the experience for other players without regard to the spirit of clean play, solo and PGs will persist.

  8. #1133
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Im done here.
    Promises, promises.

  9. #1134
    Those advocating for PVP-only BGS involvement are willing to forgo NPC involvement in their BGS, right?

    The "E" in PVE includes NPCs.

    The PVE players get their own BGS, with NPCs (and other CMDRs they can never see.)

    The PVP players get a BGS that includes only other flesh & blood CMDRs. For the pew-pews.

    Fair?

    Rhetorical. This has been an interesting discussion with a few twists I didn't see coming. As a fairly newb player, I thought the reference to "Hotel California" was a little strange, but now I am getting it.

  10. #1135
    Originally Posted by Bartizan View Post (Source)
    So long as there are people with the ability to ruin the experience for other players without regard to the spirit of clean play, solo and PGs will persist.
    As they should. Just with the multiplayer aspect removed. You arent playing for everyone else in solo mode. Thats why its called solo mode. Its for personal growth. Private groups, you're playing for your group. Not everyone else.

    People want to effect everyone else? Play with everyone else.

    And people wonder why this game is a mile wide and an inch deep.

    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    Promises, promises.
    Remember I will have the last laugh.

  11. #1136
    Originally Posted by seanguzzi View Post (Source)
    Those advocating for PVP-only BGS involvement are willing to forgo NPC involvement in their BGS, right?

    The "E" in PVE includes NPCs.

    The PVE players get their own BGS, with NPCs (and other CMDRs they can never see.)

    The PVP players get a BGS that includes only other flesh & blood CMDRs. For the pew-pews.

    Fair?

    Rhetorical. This has been an interesting discussion with a few twists I didn't see coming. As a fairly newb player, I thought the reference to "Hotel California" was a little strange, but now I am getting it.
    I gave up on checking out.

    Quite a few problems with that. For one more BGS have to be supported in the same galaxy. Plus PvP players don't have a PvP tag. And most PvPers also like some PvE on the side or vice versa. Not a clear dividing line.

    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Remember I will have the last laugh.
    See? Empty promises.

    Are you done now?

  12. #1137
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Remember I will have the last laugh.
    Of that, I think you are very much mistaken

    The lulz have been plentiful in this thread, many buckets were filled - it's deliciously delightful!

  13. #1138
    Originally Posted by Asp Explorer View Post (Source)
    The lulz have been plentiful in this thread, many buckets were filled - it's deliciously delightful!
    Please restrain yourself. Ian will have a heart attack

  14. #1139
    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    This is what confuses me. This is the only community that encourages cheating.
    Evidence of actual cheating should, of course, be reported to Customer Support.

    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    And looks down on player vs player activity.
    Well, one Dev has indicated that Frontier are well aware that the majority of players don't get involved in PvP - so it's hardly surprising that there's an adverse reaction when players that do prefer PvP propose that content is locked to Open.

    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    And frontier should be speaking up about it.
    You must have missed the quotes about "all modes being equal and valid" and that Frontier are aware that not all players agree.

    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    As well as following through with combat logging.
    Proving beyond doubt that it was actually a player-initiated disconnection would seem to be the issue, from what Frontier have said. I expect that they do deal with confirmed combat loggers though (but don't publish anything on the matter) - and the expected karma system should track combat logging type incidents too.

    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Now youre going to go out of your way to cheat, to further prove my point.
    Evidence of actual cheating should be sent to to CS, as mentioned above.

    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Im done here.
    Be well.

    Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    You going to allow cheaters?
    I don't think that they do....

  15. #1140
    Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    No thanks. as other opinions naturally vary....

    ... and we all paid for the game (unless we were gifted it, of course) - equal access and all that...
    Lets see how long those options vary

Page 76 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6672737475767778798086 ... LastLast