Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 101107108109110111
Results 1,651 to 1,664 of 1664

Thread: [Suggestion] How to incentivise open play and make it relevant

Originally Posted by relayer View Post (Source)
    What is it with you? Some rival pushing you out of "your home" or what? You seem quite agitated and believe a ghost army is working specifically against you and your clan or whatever.

I can tell you that as a mainly-solo player, I couldn't give two hoots about you, your base or your systems. That is, unless you're talking about taking over game assets like the newbie starting sectors or blockading engineers, alien wrecks and all the rest of the common game aspects that I paid for.

FD isn't gonna let a group or faction take over Jaques Station or Colonia or Maia or any other important assets.

Again, if "they" are able to "directly attack you" you have the same tools to attack back using the methods given. You just don't want to play that way. And many people do not want to play your way.
    I've never heard of That90skid talk about having a home system or working the BGS. I could be wrong, but i don't think he is interested in working the BGS. I can't imagine him running non-combat missions during an election for example. I can imagine him wanting to "defend" his system by killing opposing players during an election, an action that would get him wanted by his own faction, the police chasing him, bounty hunters after him, and reduce the security and influence of his own faction. He would definitely need to learn how the BGS works before getting involved in BGS work, otherwise he would just end up hurting his own faction more than helping it.

Originally Posted by kinglemo2000 View Post (Source)
    You just need to get good at the BGS
    Did you just tell a PvPer to gid gud at PvE?

Originally Posted by Agony_Aunt View Post (Source)
    Git Gud, one size fits all solution.

Though I think when coming to PvP side of the table there might be unusual amount of chafing from receiving the instruction.

Originally Posted by ALGOMATIC View Post (Source)
    The real time changes you see in your solo "multiplayer" are just pve elements that are RANDOMLY change by a ghost, yes in real time.
    It doesnt matter who changes those values, players/fdev/proc generated algorithm, for SOLO expirience those are just changes in an enviroment. You can call it multiplayer all you like, but its not and never will be. You are playing BY YOURSELF, with npcs, there are no other players, you dont see or interact with other players.
    Again, you're in multiplayer. Those changes are not "random" at all, but part of what other players are doing.
    If I remove 700T of goods from a quiet market, everyone in every mode will see the supply drop 700T.

Also, coming on the ofrums and reading strategies for PP, or what side Fed/Empire are supporting then working towards those shared goals in Solo - you're still part of the multiplayer.
    Just because the plan was made out of game, doesn't change that it is implemented in game working cooperatively or competitively with others.

Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    And we are quite aware how the game works right now.
    Yet your posts prove otherwise.

The Foundation of this game did not have the intent of player vs player activity within them.
    Yet you keep demanding more pew pew.

Years later they add things like powerplay and now guilds coming soon.
    Not getting guilds, we are getting squadrons - not the same thing.

But why risk anything anything when you dont have to?
    Well I gather some people try to increase their risk as they find that sort of thing fun.
    If you don't find this so called "extra risk" fun, then don't do it.

The "risk" is its own "reward" - ta da.

But I can guarantee they will as soon as the guilds come. The complaints will be out of this world. Its only getting started. Which is why, im sure they will announce some sort of changes to this program.
    Not getting guilds added. So clinging to a system we are not getting is a bit weird.

But its not going to make any difference because after the honeymoon phase wears off the new additions.
    LOL. We are well out of the "honeymoon" phase. We are about to start year 3.

Originally Posted by sovapid View Post (Source)
    How does single player work? Where I can't be affected by you at all?

https://i.imgur.com/ztr9dFi.png
    Well now you mention it, perhaps you should read the "ABOUT THIS GAME" section.
    Which clearly explains;

A Unique Connected Game Experience
    Governments fall, battles are lost and won, and humanityĺs frontier is reshaped, all by playersĺ actions. In an age of galactic superpowers and interstellar war, every playerĺs personal story influences the connected galaxy and handcrafted evolving narrative.
    Surely seeing "Single Player" and reading that information a person would be smart enough to learn more BEFORE buying them game.

LOL perhaps I did,

I've never heard of That90skid talk about having a home system or working the BGS. I could be wrong, but i don't think he is interested in working the BGS. I can't imagine him running non-combat missions during an election for example. I can imagine him wanting to "defend" his system by killing opposing players during an election, an action that would get him wanted by his own faction, the police chasing him, bounty hunters after him, and reduce the security and influence of his own faction. He would definitely need to learn how the BGS works before getting involved in BGS work, otherwise he would just end up hurting his own faction more than helping it.
    I think this has been mentioned to him in past posts even before the new C&P comes in and makes him hostile to his own faction, under existing rules if we all played in open to beat his PvP player faction all we have to do is group up with a load of cheap ships and stay clean let them destroy us all he do is lower the influence and security of his faction and his own rep in his system doing the work for us :-) while only costing us a cheap rebuy

.... and Sandro seems to have plans to deal with the principle complaint leveled against players in Solo / Private Groups affecting Factions (i.e. farming Security Vessels - which causes a disproportionate influence reduction on the target Faction) by having ATR turn up after a short while to chase off the attacking CMDR - which will thankfully work in all game modes (as there's no guarantee that Solo or Private Groups are the only modes where such activities take place).

I think this has been mentioned to him in past posts even before the new C&P comes in and makes him hostile to his own faction, under existing rules if we all played in open to beat his PvP player faction all we have to do is group up with a load of cheap ships and stay clean let them destroy us all he do is lower the influence and security of his faction and his own rep in his system doing the work for us :-) while only costing us a cheap rebuy
    Yeah, i've theorized how i would play if we were forced into open to work the BGS and knew there were players trying to defend the system with PvP. I'd probably go with a Cobra Mk3 or Courier. Something small and fast. Take only legal high inf missions and run in. If i make it, i win. If i get destroyed by a player, i win. Either way, they lose.

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    by having ATR turn up after a short while to chase off the attacking CMDR
    Looking forward to that, although it will mean i need to fly fast ships only when being a bad boy.

This goes to show he has no interest in the BGS / PP / faction etcs..
    He just wants soft targets to blow up, nothing more.

Originally Posted by Roybe View Post (Source)
    ...and everyone understands, that in the end...the devs have to pull the trigger...this discussion is worthless until they make any changes.

All anyone can say is the devs have stated historically that these types of changes would not be made (equal mode access)...and have built the whole game around the idea...selling it to PC, Xbox, and PS4 players that they would all be able to play together in a universe they can all affect. So, no mode can be 'better than' or 'worse than'...and PVP is decided by PVE trophy collection races....

Moving on to post 3000!
    sandro clearly suggested the possibility of increasing the influence of actions in open.

there's a thread on that: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...eration-for-PP

Originally Posted by zn˘rt View Post (Source)
    sandro clearly suggested the possibility of increasing the influence of actions in open.

there's a thread on that: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...eration-for-PP
    Suggested, indeed, for PowerPlay only:

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

A couple of clarifications:

* This change, which remember is nothing more than a suggestion at this point, would have no effect on personal gain. It would affect success values for expansion, fortification and undermining only, not the merits you earned.

* It does not, and is not, meant to be a panacea to make the actual activities of Powerplay better. It's best to think of it as activity agnostic. That's not to say that we don't want to improve the activities (we do!), just that this is not aimed at that.

* The reason this benefit would only apply to Open as opposed to in Private Groups is fairly clear I think: we have no way to control distribution in Private Groups. Folk could start a Private Group where everyone was pledged to a single power. This would effectively then be Solo in terms of dealing with the potential threat of other Commanders.

* I would not want to introduce this into any aspect of the game except Powerplay because Powerplay is the only aspect of the game that explicitly uses the concept of adversarial multiplayer, as opposed to the more vague ways that minor factions operate.

Hope this info helps.
    .... and, when asked about nine months later whether anything was planned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uetVzNINdKU;t=26m40s

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco, Live Stream 6th December 2016
    The first one's from Robert Maynard and he's saying "Has the pin been pulled on the hand grenade I posted in a Collusion Piracy thread?". Just for context this was, I was musing out loud about potentially Open Play Powerplay having some benefit to success over and above Private Groups and Solo - I just want to reiterate that was just me musing, we're not going to do that at the moment, there are no plans to do it, but it is still an interesting thought, nothing's ever completely off the table but nothing to announce at the moment.
    It remains a contentious topic, naturally.

Here's a question to those who claim if you want to play one part of the multiplayer aspect of Elite Dangerous, namely the indirect PvP, they should be forced to play all the flavours including the direct flavour of PvP, because when you opt into one flavour, you should be subject to all of them. For ... reasons beyond anyone's comprehension.

How are you going to force PvPers (the direct flavour) into participating in the BGS? If you haven't grinded your weekly quote of influence your guns stop working?

Well much to my surprise we seem to have a circular deadlocked thread.

Feel free to carry on in any of the others. It's all the same rehashed stuff from both sides anyway.

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 101107108109110111