Page 80 of 104 FirstFirst ... 7076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1560

Thread: [Suggestion] How to incentivise open play and make it relevant

Originally Posted by Gunnet View Post (Source)
    It's not a single player mode though. We use the word "mode" as a convenience, but all the open/group/solo selection really does is determine who you can instance with. Mere social filters. Everybody is playing the same game in the same shared galaxy, which reacts to all players' actions equally in order to create a believable and immersive game world.
    Are there other commanders in solo? Will someone from the outside directly attack you in your private group for pressing an objective?

NOOPEEEEEEE

Unbalanced.

Originally Posted by Jockey79 View Post (Source)
    Well as it is a continuation of a sandbox game with no end.

There is no "win".
    If there were a way to "win", there would be a right way to play and there isn't.

You've not shown any proof at all.

A video of someone moaning, a Reddit thread that disproved what you were saying and a Reddit thread of an arrogant writer saying he could do better, yet wrote a sucky event for the game.

None of this is "proof".
    Well Fdev seen the proof. I dont have to prove it to you. So live in denial. But when the changes come. Ill make sure to help revise your little wall of text.

Originally Posted by CMDR_Elver View Post (Source)
    Sorry but I can't let you get away with that! In-game risk and reward is different to how you choose to play the game. If you choose SOLO PG or OPEN it is because you enjoy presumably playing in those modes for whatever reason. This is a separate issue to in-game missions rewards etc. This should take into account risk, amongst other factors, not whether you enjoy playing the mode. Deliberate conflating the two is obtuse and obstructive!
    Trying to say there is more risk is obscene.

I can spend a week in a Sidey, going about putting you all on block (as in EVERYONE, not just PvP'ers).
    Then come back in my Cutter and play without the "risk" of anyone attacking me.

Then my friends do the same, but we don't block each other and viola.
    We have a private group in Open Mode, using the tools Frontier supplied.

I'll take that bonus now please

Originally Posted by That90skid View Post (Source)
    Are there other commanders in solo? Will someone from the outside directly attack you in your private group for pressing an objective?

NOOPEEEEEEE

Unbalanced.
    That's not even an answer to my post.

They force BGS attacks. Something you cant opt out of? While in solo mode? You can pick a mode and remove direct pvp. you cant the other way around.

YEAH ROBERT IS SELFISH.
    And you haven't acknowledged that the cast iron ONLY real way to defend from a BGS attack is to defend using the BGS.

*FACT*

And if you do the BGS thing in Open, where you're attackers are not, *they* won't see *you*.

Again, you haven't acknowledged the stunning beauty of this perfectly balanced game system.

It is just obtuse and obstructive, and frankly, shameful, to ignore these fundamental and relevant details.

Yours again

Mark H

open is unbalanced as wings pays out n* what non wing'd players get, @ 1/n times the amount of effort.
    n= amount of players in wing.
    Not to mention the already built-in merit unbalance that wing'd player get too.

UNBALANCED I SAY! UNBALANCED!
    Get rid of these unbalanced features that exist in open.

Well Fdev seen the proof. I dont have to prove it to you.
    And I have a friend who swears they have seen Santa, Bigfoot and the Tooth Fairy - I didn't believe them either.

If you had actual proof of anything you'd have put it up here as your first post and not the rubbish I've been laughing at for over a week.

273 comments is not proof, your screen grab from support is a well worded "thanks for your input" (aka: move along) email.
    So Drew has an opinion, he isn't FDev and yet you show his Reddit post as if he were.

Dude, I used to collect evidence used in courts of law for a living. I know proof when I see it.
    (ex UK constable)

And if you had proof that could knock down "The Wall of Information" you really would have used it by now, Code and SDC would hail you as a God for that.
    You'd get so many +1 rep points, you'd break the forums.

You have conjecture and a few opinions.

The game is how it was intended to be at this stage, Frontier are working on adding the next wave of content and it will be done in a way that works with the mode system.

Who has more time in their life to spend on a game wins by default. Its not balanced nor any skill needed.
    You're talking about PvP combat here, right?

As for your "proof", you haven't uttered a single word on here acknowledging that perhaps it wouldn't be a good idea to mess with the modes and BGS. You would have to agree to my proof on the monstrosities of implications it throws up, but no, you have just ignored it.

Time and again you have been educated that the *only* real way to massage the BGS in your favour us to play the BGS, and not try to PvP combat your way into getting the BGS in your favour. But you still wantonly ignore this fundamental truth.

Time and again you say that you can't "defend" against a BGS attack. We gave demonstrated that this is a barefaced lie.

So much for your "proof". It just doesn't address the fundamental core issues.

Trying to say there is more risk is obscene.

I can spend a week in a Sidey, going about putting you all on block (as in EVERYONE, not just PvP'ers).
    Then come back in my Cutter and play without the "risk" of anyone attacking me.

Then my friends do the same, but we don't block each other and viola.
    We have a private group in Open Mode, using the tools Frontier supplied.

I'll take that bonus now please
    Give yourself a clap! You've found a pretty obvious exploit with a feature designed to be an anti-trolling tool. That is beyond pathetic!

Give yourself a clap! You've found a pretty obvious exploit with a feature designed to be an anti-trolling tool. That is beyond pathetic!
    Yep, anything to have an advantage over everyone else that opposes them. Instead of gitting gud. They stay bad and cheat. Or try to stop any ad-vocation for change. By any means necessary.

While others are just asking for game balance. And right now, its hardly balanced at all.

Shortcuts shortcuts shortcuts.

Any bad who can make a perceived opponent, that they have never met in-game, or will interact with at any level other than the most elemental BGS calculations, get into such apparent discomfort that events like this occur, is not a bad, but an accomplished PVPer who has indeed gud gitted.

Yep, anything to have an advantage over everyone else that opposes them. Instead of gitting gud. They stay bad and cheat. Or try to stop and ad-vocation for change. By any means necessary.

While others are just asking for game balance. And right now, its hardly balanced at all.

Shortcuts shortcuts shortcuts.
    Have you considered gitting gud at the BGS, as an alternative to whining ineffectually.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    Have you considered gitting gud at the BGS, as an alternative to whining ineffectually.
    I know the BGS.

Not sure you know what the word "exploit" means. A feature introduced by Frontier to help me control whom I play with, is fine to use.

Paying for level 5 engineering upgrades at level 1 prices, is an "exploit".

See the difference?

I know the BGS.
    Yes, but you need to "git gud" to attack me with it

Not sure you know what the word "exploit" means. A feature introduced by Frontier to help me control whom I play with, is fine to use.

Paying for level 5 engineering upgrades at level 1 prices, is an "exploit".

See the difference?

Yes, but you need to "git gud" to attack me with it
    Okay

I know the BGS.
    So you willfully chose to ignore it when things were going downhill for your faction?

Page 80 of 104 FirstFirst ... 7076777879808182838490 ... LastLast