View Entry Info: Interdicting NPCs spawning too close to stations and stop in front of you

Category:
PC/MAC Bug Reports

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Interdicting NPCs spawning too close to stations and stop in front of you

Interdicting NPCs spawning too close to stations and stop in front of you

Severity
    Moderate

Frequency
    Rarely (25%)

Time of occurrence
    15:44 PDT

Date of occurrence
    21/10/17

VR?
    Oculus

Ship/SRV?
    Ship

Ship Type
    Python

Commander Name
    Mauxus

Description
    Exited supercruise 8+ Km away from the station, then kept flying towards it. At 1.5Km from the station, an NPC that was apparently in pursuit exited SC right in front of me, causing a collision and a "reckless flying" fine.

Steps to Reproduce
    N/A

Additional files?
    https://youtu.be/1BT8nze8nm8

Exactly the same thing happens to me on a regular basis. How are we forced to appear 8km away and npc appear where they feel like? Just more magical npc powers!

I haven't had this problem, so far. Yes, the NPC security forces do seem to spawn fairly close to the stations and they do pass close by my ship however, I have never been struck by a security NPC ship despite several close calls. o7

Most pirate NPCs will spawn 3-5km from the base right next to me, sometimes almost colliding with me (and a couple of times actually colliding with me). They will also teleport 3000ls from behind me to in front of me if I drop to normal space and appear inside my instance before I finish dropping from supercruise.

They aren't dropping in on the station, they are dropping in off your wake. This means they will drop close to you, just as they would in any other place you may drop at.

But they shouldn't drop in directly in front of you.

6. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #6
    Hey Cmdrs,

Thanks for the reports and video.

I've passed this on to get checked out.

NPC Ships droppings out of FSD directly in front of me

Severity
    Minor

Frequency
    Once (<1%)

Time of occurrence
    22:00 CST

Date of occurrence
    31/10/17

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type
    Anaconda/Python

Commander Name
    ThisJust_1n

Description
    During missions when getting an enemy NPC, they have been randomly dropping out of FSD directly in front of my ship, usually near a station, and causing unavoidable collisions. This exact incident I was flying a Python and an NPC Anaconda dropped out of FSD and took out my shields and 13% of my hull upon collision as well as causing me to receive a fine for wreckless driving from the station. Minute credit loss but this is definitely not entertaining when it happens.

Steps to Reproduce
    Pick up a bunch of missions from Sothis to go over to CEOS, particularly any mission that could result in an enemy NPC that may come after you.
    Jump to the Target system to turn the missions in
    Drop out of FSD upon reaching the station (note, they don't ALWAYS drop directly in front but usually close)

Additional files?

Yeah, I've had this again since 2.4 too. Used to happen all the time several versions ago but stopped, and seems to be back (perhaps because No Fire Zones have been increased ?). Personally I don't think they should ever appear between you and the station if you're inside the NFZ.

Sure the fine itself isn't a big deal but it's other factors that make this a bigger problem, for example I was carrying a passenger who didn't like my "Illegal activity" of hitting a ship that appeared out of nowhere directly in front of me, didn't matter in this instance but the potential for a failed mission is there. Nevermind the fact this same passenger, was being hunted by this target and there was a bonus in it to make him dead (i.e. perhaps in these instances you could make passengers more intelligent and not care about crimes against their enemies). And to add to this, due to being in the NFZ the other ship already spawning heading away from the outpost proceeded to boost straight ahead and hyperspace out. I've got to admit I'm uncertain why a ship even needs to spawn at all if it's only going to appear and then leave, but it really shouldn't be spawning between me and the station when I've traveled far enough for the station to now be approx 2km away when we appear in an instance a little over 7.5km from it!

Just adding one more video of a different occurrence. In this case, the NPC messaged that it was going to interdict me when I was near the star. It then disappeared from the radar and "Contacts" and was nowhere to be found. I slowed down and even almost stopped near the station before jumping out of SC in the hope it would reappear but it didn't. I got out of SC and then it spawned in front of my ship, causing a collision.

+1 the same to mee. Often I have to do magic for not to crash against them. The problem is that very often are all anaconda and when I impact .. shield down, hull damage, fine for wreckless driving :(

It's happened to me quite a few times, one I was fleeing from another attacker at the time and a Conda dropped right in front of me, I could not avoid it and lost me shields and 60% of the Hull and was quickly killed by the original NPC that was chasing me, I was already half charge on the FSD so would have easily got away. Surely if they're dropping on your wake it should be where you originally dropped in not immediately in front of you? It's happening too often to be a coincidence and becoming an annoyance.

NPC not have rules reaching the orbital bases

Severity
    Severe

Frequency
    100%

Time of occurrence
    Often

Date of occurrence
    Every day more time a day

VR?
    None / N/A

Ship/SRV?
    N/A

Ship Type
    Any S/M/L sized ship

Commander Name
    Chong-Su

Description
    NPC leave hyperspace near the orbital station causing often a collision

Steps to Reproduce
    Give a mission where hostile will sent to you
    Go to the destination
    When you :
    Leave the Hyperspace at 12Km
    Glide until approx at 8,4Km
    Enter in no fire zone at 7,5Km
    Ask for land at 7.499km

Npc leave hyperspace at 2 or less km from the orbital base

Is a problem just because I have to pay because I hit them during the land procesure and take too damage!

Thank you

Additional files?
    Sorry for the delay. The first comes at 400mt from me and the second at 2Km. Lucky they weren't on my landing line :)

This happens every time you have an active mission with hostiles in persuit. I was in the black when 2.4 hit, but when I arrived in Colonia I see this all the time now, so I assume it was introduced in 2.4. It's really lame and needs to be fixed...

14. This is the last staff post in this thread. #14
    Hey Cmdrs,

I've merged these threads and passed this on to assist in this investigation.

We're aware of this and currently looking into it.

If you suffered damage as a result of this bug, please contact our customer support team for a reimbursement of the lost credits: [Customer support]