View Poll Results: Pick three of these stories

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 01 - Frank - Waterbed

5 38.46%
  • 02 - Simoof - Midden is disgusting - a tale of soilage and dirty underpants.

5 38.46%
  • 03 - phong - Two pilots walk into a bar....

5 38.46%
  • 04 - Listeri69 - Let us die young or let us live forever

6 46.15%
  • 05 - Cmdr Pseudonym - Up He Val Go ....

3 23.08%
  • 06 - RoyalHankey - Everyone lift, Hankey's done it again.

3 23.08%
  • 07 - Alien - Push It, Ah, Push It Real Good!

3 23.08%
  • 08 - Galactic Midden - Red, Red Wine

6 46.15%
  • 09 - Cleonymus - Resolution

1 7.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Drabble Short Story Contest #223: Upheaval

Drabble Short Story Contest #223: Upheaval

This is a Drabble contest. Please vote for your favourite Drabble. Listeri69 won last week. Congratulations

His choice was "Upheaval"

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and "comedy" hour at 7pm BST, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. Everyone is welcome to vote.
    And a plea to all of the contestants, Don't vote for yourself.
    Anyone caught voting for themselves will be upheaved

01 - Frank - Waterbed

Anastasiya and Valentina were discussing previous clients.

"I had the President of the United Star Systems of America. Our glorious leader, General Put-it-in set up the hotel room with banks of holo-recorders to capture every disturbing and depraved act in minute detail. He said such kompromat could change the political landscape of this whole sector."

Valentina shuddered, "Those flabby folds of orange-painted flesh! I heard he likes women to... you know... beds. Just the thought of that evil capitalist. I don't know how you managed to do your patriotic duty without being sick."

"Afterwards there was a major upheave, Val"

02 - Simoof - Midden is disgusting - a tale of soilage and dirty underpants.

He looked at his ship - how could the hold be full again? It had been gruelling but somebody had to get rid of the sludge.
    He sorely climbed into the captains chair and let out a little squeaker. He had a feeling it was slightly more than he was expecting but he didn't care. His feet were soaking wet, what's a little damp seatage.
    Setting course for Middens home system, if anywhere would not notice a few thousand tonnes of flytipped biowaste it was here.
    Where was his dataslate - "Ship, locate dataslate"
    "Dataslate currently in cargo hold three"
    "OH FARTS!!!"

03 - phong - Two pilots walk into a bar....

The smoke is only now beginning to disperse,the huge fans in the extraction system working overtime as the damage control teams scurry to extinguish the last of the flames.The station manager rubs his weary eyes,only now taking in the debris of discarded rations containers and half-empty cups that clutter his desk overlooking the operations centre,detritus from the last 72 hours of mayhem.
    He groans as he contemplates the lengthy report he will have to submit to HQ,and winces at the total of damage and insurance claims.
    Quiz night at the Thargoid and Fer-de-Lance is cancelled indefinitely.

04 - Listeri69 - Let us die young or let us live forever

The riots had gone on for days, people piled into the streets in chaos
    It was a tumultuous time on Kowden. Democracy failed. Anarchy ruled the planet and both starports.
    Into this chaos flew a pink orca
    'You sure this is a good idea?' Simoof said holding a single tap, the remains of what used to be the Orca's bathroom
    'Relax, I just line up and boost. Besides we need a new toilet after you tried to refurbish the last one
    'I barely touched it'
    This was also the excuse Psykokow gave after he bent the toast rack in half.

05 - Cmdr Pseudonym - Up He Val Go ....

Cmdr Skiprat was bored. Even his latest paid by the hour floozy wasn't doing it for him.
    It didn't help that she had the face of mother theresa licking pisś off a nettle.
    He needed more excitement in his life. Something to get the blood pumping and the throf, throffing...
    He searched through a magazine, bungee jumping in a 7g world, sailing on a water world. Nothing exciting
    At the bottom of the page he finally saw something.
    He called the number right away
    'Hello? Is that the Alaskan Firedragon agency? Does it matter if I really do have herpes?

06 - RoyalHankey - Everyone lift, Hankey's done it again.

There was upheaval in Sol.
    Barnard's Star too.
    In fact the whole of the bubble was in upheaval.
    "Why was it, what went wrong" said Simoof
    "Psykokow replied "Well it started at Winnard's Hole station".
    "Yeah go on".
    "There was a huge Birthday Party" said Psykokow.
    "I know it was Simon Winnard's".
    "Wait a minute wait a minute" replied Psykokow.
    "Chris Hankey was there"
    "Yeah carry on".
    "Well for some reason a bolt of electricity struck Winnard as Chris Hankey said "Happy Birthday"
    "Oh so that's why there was a upheaval".
    "No everyone had to carry Winnard out" said Psykokow.

07 - Alien - Push It, Ah, Push It Real Good!

Al was tired. He'd been hired to deliver one thousand One Direction mugs to the Docker's theatrical production of Smash! The Musical.
    Al thought the job would take five minutes, the destination was only a few hundred feet away.
    The problem was, the station was rotating against his direction.
    No matter how much Al pushed, the crate would not move.
    Al's boss came along at moment, saw the situation and decided to offer some words of encouragement. Al was not impressed. Did his boss not realise that was exactly what he was trying to do?

"Up Al ... Up Heave, Al"

08 - Galactic Midden - Red, Red Wine

The useless old fart hovered perilously close over the edge of his drink. A deep sadness enveloped him, though hope carried his heart. Blind speed dating had seemed a great idea, until blindfolds never appeared. Now he stared over the bar.

"My, aren't you a big one" a beautiful woman swooned in beside him.
    "Huh?" he garbled. The yellowish glow from the juke box cast a sickly sheen across his grotesque face. "I mean hi, I'm Simoof".

The woman's face crumpled, a contortion of repulsion replaced by vomit streaming towards his chest. Simoof took another suicidal leap into his drink.

09 - Cleonymus[b] - Resolution

Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp.
    Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp. Retch. Burp.
    Retch. Burp. Fart.
    I am never drinking Lavian brandy again

sorry it took so long for this..

See if we can switch up the voting a little..

Oops, it looks as if I made things worse.

This is the Drabble Contest. There's nothing you can do that will make things worse

Congratulations Midden and Listeri69 bravo....

I won again!!!

yay thank you for all the votes unfortunately I didn't die over the weekend so I get to pick yet another topic

so my half of the winning topic is

Exhaustion

sorry, I wasn't expecting to win. Congrats Listeri69! and thanks to those who voted for us