Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950

Thread: EDDI 2.4 - Bring your cockpit to life

Originally Posted by Homunk View Post (Source)
    Unfortunately I do have another problem with EDDI and this is very annoying.
    Sometimes, when I try to open EDDI, it doesn't bring up the menu, although I closed VA before. Usually there is not even a notice. If trying a second time to start EDDI, then a message about "EDDI is running already" pops up. The same may happen using the configuration of EDDI with the key combination out of VA. Now, when this happened, EDDI doesn't work anymore with VA afterwards. No matter, if I switch off the PC or restart Windows. In most cases, I have to delete EDDI and all its files and install it again.

This started a while ago, probably with the recent beta series.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Open your task manager and double check that neither EDDI nor VoiceAttack is running?

Originally Posted by Tkael View Post (Source)
    Open your task manager and double check that neither EDDI nor VoiceAttack is running?
    Neither EDDI nor VA show up in my task manager, when the problem described above occurs.

I'm currently still getting this lag on my scripts in VA 1.7.0.9 (prerelease) using EDDI 3.0.1-b4.

I've uninstalled EDDI completely (uninstalled & deleted EDDI folder in Appdata/roaming)

Reinstalled EDDI 3.0.1-b4 and still getting a major lag on triggered scripts in VA

I can't think of what else to do to try and pin this lag problem down. I haven't been going to the old version of EDDI incase that was the problem but its still there.

Could it be a problem with VA? 1.7.0.9 prerelease ? as I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with VA and thats the only other thing I have updated recently.

Originally Posted by BumbleB View Post (Source)
    I'm currently still getting this lag on my scripts in VA 1.7.0.9 (prerelease) using EDDI 3.0.1-b4.

I've uninstalled EDDI completely (uninstalled & deleted EDDI folder in Appdata/roaming)

Reinstalled EDDI 3.0.1-b4 and still getting a major lag on triggered scripts in VA

I can't think of what else to do to try and pin this lag problem down. I haven't been going to the old version of EDDI incase that was the problem but its still there.

Could it be a problem with VA? 1.7.0.9 prerelease ? as I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with VA and thats the only other thing I have updated recently.
    Was it an issue in 1.7.0.8?

I am using the 1.7.0 release and am no longer seeing any lag issues introduced with b3 of EDDI.

We are squashing a lot of bugs and gettiing 3.0.1-rc1 together.

This may amuse you. I needed to test Hoodathunk's fix for zeroing cargo upon ship destruction, so I loaded up a Sidey with biowaste and went to poke a NHSS 7:

Originally Posted by BumbleB View Post (Source)

We've made some tweaks for the latest release that should speed this up. Please give us your feedback once 3.0.1-rc1 drops.

Originally Posted by Tkael View Post (Source)
    We've made some tweaks for the latest release that should speed this up. Please give us your feedback once 3.0.1-rc1 drops.
    Most definitely, this is music to my eyes. I just wish I knew what was causing the lag as I haven't heard anyone else having it after the last beta 3. Just frustrating as hell for me as I just can't see why. If a few others where still having the same problems with the same kinda set up as me it wouldn't be so bad but DAMN its frustrating as hell.

Hell I enjoy the scripting just as much as playing ED itself, sometimes more so when I figure something out and do something that no one else has done.

Just managed to get VA downgraded to version 1.7 just before the server tick and was still lagged a few mins ago.

*fingers crossed* for 3.0.0-rc1

Hi,

I'm seeing a strange thing with viewing my ships in Coriolis after hitting the 'Export It' key on the ship monitor tab.

I'm using the latest (b4) version btw. When I click the ship name on ED Market connector, a browser tab opens in Edge with all the items shown correctly on the Coriolis website (so all the data is there present and correct somewhere). When I hit the "export It' key on the ship monitor tab in EDDI, all that opens is a blank page after a brief 'waiting for response' message on the edge tab. It has worked previously so not sure what's changed.

I've tried all the usual restart app's and elite, deleting shipmonitor.json file etc.

Many thanks

Originally Posted by Laucian Nailor View Post (Source)
    Hi,

I'm seeing a strange thing with viewing my ships in Coriolis after hitting the 'Export It' key on the ship monitor tab.

I'm using the latest (b4) version btw. When I click the ship name on ED Market connector, a browser tab opens in Edge with all the items shown correctly on the Coriolis website (so all the data is there present and correct somewhere). When I hit the "export It' key on the ship monitor tab in EDDI, all that opens is a blank page after a brief 'waiting for response' message on the edge tab. It has worked previously so not sure what's changed.

I've tried all the usual restart app's and elite, deleting shipmonitor.json file etc.

Many thanks
    I just tried it with Firefox and it exports just fine for both Coriolis and EDShipyard. Try using a different browser, it's likely some issue with Edge.

Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    We are squashing a lot of bugs and gettiing 3.0.1-rc1 together.

This may amuse you. I needed to test Hoodathunk's fix for zeroing cargo upon ship destruction, so I loaded up a Sidey with biowaste and went to poke a NHSS 7:
    What's amusing is that you're not testing the bug. The bug is with being destroyed while carrying MISSION cargo that had been collected.
    Not with just some random stuff you picked up.

I'll give Firefox a try. I changed the default browser to IE instead of Edge, and that still doesn't work for both EDShipyard and Coriolis from the export it link.

interestingly, System and station links work for EDMC (using Edge), but even the ship link from there to Coriolis gives a blank page.

Edit: Chrome works a treat, seems its an issue with Edge and IE handling long addresses (which increases as elements are engineered and have experimental effects added)

Originally Posted by Pactel View Post (Source)
    What's amusing is that you're not testing the bug. The bug is with being destroyed while carrying MISSION cargo that had been collected.
    I tested the bug ticketed #624.

I'm not sure which ticket you are referring to.

You *did* open a ticket, right? No? OK, let's see. Ah right, you have no forum history and that was your first post.

Not an impressive debut.

Originally Posted by Pactel View Post (Source)

I will entertain this for the sake of others reading.

You are correct, the reported bug involved mission cargo but when a ship is destroyed, all cargo is lost, doesn't matter if it's mission related or not... full stop.

For example, if the mission is a 'delivery' type, then the mission must be abandoned, regardless, because the cargo can not be replaced.

If the mission is 'salvage', then I'm pretty sure you will just continue to get USS's until you have the requisite cargo in your hold again.

If the mission is 'source and return', 'mining', 'donation', etc the cargo is owned... again, not a problem.

Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950