Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: EDDI 2.4 - Bring your cockpit to life

Originally Posted by Suvi Anwar View Post (Source)
    Just an FYI, the new beta isn't showing up in EDDI with the beta box checked.
    That should be fixed momentarily... ;-)

This is because I am a bear of very little brain. Should be fixed now.

Is it safe to delete the EDDI.sqlite file? It's grown to over 3gb and space is becoming an issue for me.

Morning Folks,

Wanted to head off some, "Hey Hooda. why does the Cargo Monitor do this?" questions I have no doubt are incoming.

First, you need to understand that the Journal is a tremendous resource for 3rd party developers in the access it gives us, but it has limitations. Those limitations stem from FDEV developers struggling with how much data to make available without creating unintentional exploits and underestimating the novel ways 3rd party developers make use of the data. That said, when you look deep, you will find holes in the event data where not every scenario is fully covered.

Because of those limitations, the Cargo Monitor is required to infer the outcome of those scenarios. As such, the Cargo Monitor first assumes that EDDI is running the entire game session. If journal events are 'missed' it's literally impossible to make that data up.

For example. the first time you run EDDI 3.0.1-b1+ you will find the quantities for 'haulage' and 'other' are off. You may have haulage from a delivery mission in your cargo bay and Cargo Monitor assigned it all to 'other'. This is because the 'Cargo' event, which occurs at game startup, only provides the commodity name, the total amount, and the stolen amount... no mission-related (haulage) amounts. No worries I've allowed for you to go into the Cargo Monitor tab and edit those, when necessary.

Some scenarios will have 'cradle to grave' coverage. The Journal provides sufficient data (now) to provide an accurate accounting of all Limpet actions (purchase, sell, launch, and synthesis)... Yay!

As long as EDDI is running for the entire game session and has 'seen' all mission events (accepted, abandoned, failed, completed, etc), haulage will be accurately reported... except for one caveat.

Where cargo reporting gets in the weeds is with 'cargo ejected' and 'cargo sold' events and this is entirely due to data missing in the Journal event.

For 'cargo ejected', only the commodity name, the amount, and whether the cargo was abandoned is reported. No way to tell if the cargo was part of a delivery mission or whether it had been stolen. As such, I was required to infer a hierarchy of likely scenarios. First, I assume it's most likely you've been interdicted and 'requested' to drop some high-value delivery mission haulage and I will subtract from haulage when the amount you eject is less or equal to the amount of haulage you're carrying. Next likely I assumed is that you dropped stolen cargo to evade a fine going into a port. Lastly it comes from 'other'

For 'commodity sold' events, the Journal provides the commodity name, the amount, whether it's stolen, and whether it was sold in a black market. Stolen is easy enough. Selling haulage is a bit trickier and I assume that anything sold on the black market and was not stolen must have been haulage.

How I back these scenarios up is by catching the impending 'mission failed' and 'mission abandoned' events to confirm it was, in fact, haulage that was sold.

As you can see, I tried to cover everything, but the reality is not all eventualities can be covered so the amount distributions will occasionally get borked. I provide editing capability to correct those errors.

All in all, I think you will be pleased with the result, because 80-90% of what you do will not fall within those scenarios.

If you run into situations that may 'look' like a bug, please report in EDDI Github issues.

o7

Originally Posted by Malvenue View Post (Source)
    Is it safe to delete the EDDI.sqlite file? It's grown to over 3gb and space is becoming an issue for me.
    I'm amazed. Mine is 60MB and I do a lot of exploring. Yes, I think you can delete it as long as EDDI/VoiceAttack are not running. It will make a new one which will be much smaller.

Originally Posted by VerticalBlank View Post (Source)
    I'm amazed. Mine is 60MB and I do a lot of exploring. Yes, I think you can delete it as long as EDDI/VoiceAttack are not running. It will make a new one which will be much smaller.
    Speaking of Eddi.sqlite. When doing a CG last week I noticed the counting of the number of times I visited a system acted up. It was the first time ever I visited the system and at first it worked well. After 10 deliveries Eddi indeed told me I had visited the system 10 times. But the next day Eddi told me I had only visited it 2 times instead of 12 times. I then deleted the Eddi.sqlite file and told Eddi to obtain my EDSM log again and that fixed it. But after I updated Eddi to the 3.0.1 beta this morning the same thing happened and I had to do the same.

Originally Posted by J. Calvert (Joshua) View Post (Source)
    Speaking of Eddi.sqlite. When doing a CG last week I noticed the counting of the number of times I visited a system acted up. It was the first time ever I visited the system and at first it worked well. After 10 deliveries Eddi indeed told me I had visited the system 10 times. But the next day Eddi told me I had only visited it 2 times instead of 12 times. I then deleted the Eddi.sqlite file and told Eddi to obtain my EDSM log again and that fixed it. But after I updated Eddi to the 3.0.1 beta this morning the same thing happened and I had to do the same.
    This has been happening to me also. I deleted the sqlite file and rebuilt it by downloading the EDSM data, but the problem persists. Sometimes it works fine, other times it resets the visited count, necessitating re-downloading from EDSM to correct.

Thanks for these two reports, I was not aware of this. Will investigate.

Originally Posted by Hoodathunk View Post (Source)
    the Journal is a tremendous resource
    I am new at this, not a programmer, just a regular joe. I just installed VoiceAttack and Orion last week and I am just now getting comfortable with making advanced commands. So, my question may seem very simple to most of you.

Does the journal give information on which modules are installed in your current ship, and their status (if they are powered)?

I have a "prepare for docking" command, but I would like it also to check if a docking computer is installed and powered before asking me if I want to autodock.

EDIT: Could I use these EDDI ship variables to search all of my modules for a docking computer?

{BOOL: Ship Compartment n occupied}: true if there is a module in this slot, otherwise false
    {TXT: Ship compartment n module}: the name of the module in this slot

Thank you muchly! It's probably 2+ years worth of crap.

Just updated to the latest beta 3.0.1 -b1 and looks like it can't find my personality file anymore. It's currently in AppData/Roaming/EDDI/Personalities but in EDDI standalone only the default EDDI personality is present in the Speech responder tab.

I have the json personality file still just cant remember where to copy it for EDDI to load it. Even though the personalitiy is in the AppData/Roaming/EDDI/Personalities folder
    ok skip all that, somehow my json file was blank, loaded up backup and seems fine now

Hi,

Is it possible to set a key to mute EDDI?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Mj_Alvega View Post (Source)
    Hi,

Is it possible to set a key to mute EDDI?

Thanks.
    Not at present, though we do have a ticket outstanding to give a "shut up" keybind.

Not at present, though we do have a ticket outstanding to give a "shut up" keybind.
    OK, thanks.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839