Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 64676869
Results 1,021 to 1,034 of 1034

Thread: EDDI 2.4 - Bring your cockpit to life

Originally Posted by punkerich View Post (Source)
    I got some probs on getting some variables from EDDI to VA, mission related.
    e.g., mission completed type returns 'mission completed', not the actual type (like Donation);
    missionid returns 'not set' (estimating INT value?), on mission accepted + mission completed

Further, i'd like a hint on how to approach my designated outcome, lemme explain what i'm trying to achieve:

I'd like to make a VA command 'BGS report' (per session), which should create a (clipboard? file?) like:

HIP 105408: 6 missions completed for The Kuun-Lan
    2.5m Bounties redeemed for The Kuun-Lan
    256k worth of Exploration Data cashed in at Binney Horizons

Things like that, basically all mayor events effecting the BGS, resetting the values after creating a session report.

How'd you approach that? Stored variables? Write to file (i don't have any clue how to summarize entries in files)? Maybe a DB like sql (basic sql knowledge)?
    Atm, the only consistent value would be the missionid, which i don't seem to get.
    Any ideas?
    Hey punkerich,

The event 'type' is part of the the 'raw' event data and will always give you the name of the event. The mission 'type' is a derived value and is only available in the mission object via Cottle.

Not sure why 'missionid' is 'not set' in the Mission accepted event. It a 'long' in in EDDI, which should convert to a VA int... I will look into it and get back to you.

Meanwhile, seems like your best bet to get all that data would be to modify the 'Mission accepted' personality script to 'SetState' the variables you want VA to have access to.

For example, add...

Code:
    {SetState('eddi_context_mission_type', mission.type)}
    {SetState('eddi_context_mission _id', mission.missionid)}

after the "{set mission to MissionDetails(event.missionid)}" statement in the script.

Hi,

last time, when I was experimenting with mission variables, in VA missionid could be read as DEC.

BR!

Originally Posted by Hoodathunk View Post (Source)
    Hey punkerich,

The event 'type' is part of the the 'raw' event data and will always give you the name of the event. The mission 'type' is a derived value and is only available in the mission object via Cottle.

Not sure why 'missionid' is 'not set' in the Mission accepted event. It a 'long' in in EDDI, which should convert to a VA int... I will look into it and get back to you.

Meanwhile, seems like your best bet to get all that data would be to modify the 'Mission accepted' personality script to 'SetState' the variables you want VA to have access to.

For example, add...

Code:
    {SetState('eddi_context_mission_type', mission.type)}
    {SetState('eddi_context_mission _id', mission.missionid)}

after the "{set mission to MissionDetails(event.missionid)}" statement in the script.
    Thanks Hoodathunk, ofc that would work, too. It's not just the id, things like originstation / originsystem deliver the same 'not set' value. The only things constant seem to be the faction, inf when appropriate. Some values are not like described, like type being returned as 'completed' or such. Would be nice to varify the list shown under 'variables' in EDDI. If it would be too much work i'll go for the setstates.

Originally Posted by Brigetiol1 View Post (Source)
    Hi,

last time, when I was experimenting with mission variables, in VA missionid could be read as DEC.

BR!
    A decimal? Who would've thought that. Thanks mate.

Originally Posted by BumbleB View Post (Source)
    Not sure if this has been mentioned in the ED Beta 3.3 but it seems when scanning bodies and re scanning them again the EDDI body scanned gets triggered again so you can scan the same body lots of times and it registers each time.
    As may have already been mentioned, chapter 4 breaks scanning a bit for EDDI. We're used to reacting to each scan logged to the journal as a discrete event. FDev have increased the quantity of scans being written to the journal and we're going to need to be more selective about the events we vocalize than we have in the past. So we're aware that the same scan event can be triggered multiple times and are considering options to make scanning feel like a smoother process again.

Just updated to EDDI 3.1.0 wow you guys are great. Love the new mission messages.

Thank you for this great addition to ED.

ps.. sure wish I could interfaced from voicebot to eddi directly.

Thanks Hoodathunk, ofc that would work, too. It's not just the id, things like originstation / originsystem deliver the same 'not set' value. The only things constant seem to be the faction, inf when appropriate. Some values are not like described, like type being returned as 'completed' or such. Would be nice to varify the list shown under 'variables' in EDDI. If it would be too much work i'll go for the setstates.

A decimal? Who would've thought that. Thanks mate.
    @punkerich,

Again, you are confusing mission object parameters with 'Mission accepted' event variables. 'originstation', 'type', 'status', etc are going to return "not set" because they're not part of the event... they're in the mission object.

There is a bit of overlap between the mission object and the 'Missions accepted' event, but they come from very different mechanisms. Mission object variables are only available in Cottle via "{set mission to MissionDetails(event.missionid)}". Many parameters in the mission object are derived and contextual with the life cycle of the mission... which is why the mission object is your 'goto' source for mission data.

When you go to the bottom of the 'Variables' window, you will note that 'originstation', 'type', 'status', etc are not listed in the available variables for the 'Mission accepted' event. The documentation is correct in that respect.

And yes, I forgot about that little detail with EDDI/VA. 'SetState' returns all numbers as DEC. That has tripped me up on numerous occasions.

Originally Posted by DAB42 View Post (Source)
    Just updated to EDDI 3.1.0 wow you guys are great. Love the new mission messages.

Thank you for this great addition to ED.

ps.. sure wish I could interfaced from voicebot to eddi directly.
    DAB42, glad to hear you're enjoying the new mission functionality. :-)

Voicebot does not have plug-in functionality, like Voice Attack. It would require significant effort to re-write EDDI to work with Voicebot. Sincerely, we do not have the resources to maintain two versions of EDDI. The creator of EDDI 'hitched his wagon' to VA early on and I don't see the present team changing that direction in the foreseeable future.

Cheers!

Still think you guys do a great job and deserve way more thanks and credit then you get.
    I think EDDI makes the game!

Originally Posted by Hoodathunk View Post (Source)
    @punkerich,

Again, you are confusing mission object parameters with 'Mission accepted' event variables. 'originstation', 'type', 'status', etc are going to return "not set" because they're not part of the event... they're in the mission object.

There is a bit of overlap between the mission object and the 'Missions accepted' event, but they come from very different mechanisms. Mission object variables are only available in Cottle via "{set mission to MissionDetails(event.missionid)}". Many parameters in the mission object are derived and contextual with the life cycle of the mission... which is why the mission object is your 'goto' source for mission data.

When you go to the bottom of the 'Variables' window, you will note that 'originstation', 'type', 'status', etc are not listed in the available variables for the 'Mission accepted' event. The documentation is correct in that respect.

And yes, I forgot about that little detail with EDDI/VA. 'SetState' returns all numbers as DEC. That has tripped me up on numerous occasions.
    Well, i'm still fairly new to this, apart from very minor customizations it still is confusing me quite a lot. Thanks for being patient and explaining this in detail. I'll do my readups properly next time, promise.

After a win 10 upd. EDDI crashes at start. Tried reinstalling, didn't help.
    This is from the log:

Code:
    2018-11-17T23:20:09 [Info] Logging:ExceptionHandler Reporting unhandled exception, anonymous ID 4e6d8669-929f-4e95-a8f1-e2b702a20758:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at EddiStarMapService.StarMapService.ParseStarMapStation(JObject station, String system)
       at EddiStarMapService.StarMapService.ParseStarMapStations(JObject response)
       at EddiStarMapService.StarMapService.GetStarMapStations(String system, Nullable`1 edsmId)
       at EddiDataProviderService.DataProviderService.GetSystemExtras(StarSystem starSystem, Boolean showInformation, Boolean showBodies, Boolean showStations, Boolean showFactions)
       at EddiDataProviderService.StarSystemSqLiteRepository.GetOrCreateStarSystem(String name, Boolean fetchIfMissing)
       at EddiCompanionAppService.CompanionAppService.ProfileFromJson(JObject json)
       at EddiCompanionAppService.CompanionAppService.ProfileFromJson(String data)
       at EddiCompanionAppService.CompanionAppService.Profile(Boolean forceRefresh)
       at EddiCompanionAppService.CompanionAppService..ctor()
       at EddiCompanionAppService.CompanionAppService.get_Instance()
       at Eddi.MainWindow.setStatusInfo()
       at Eddi.MainWindow..ctor(Boolean fromVA)
       at Eddi.App.Main()

After a win 10 upd. EDDI crashes at start. Tried reinstalling, didn't help.
    This is from the log:

Code:
    2018-11-17T23:20:09 [Info] Logging:ExceptionHandler Reporting unhandled exception, anonymous ID 4e6d8669-929f-4e95-a8f1-e2b702a20758:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at EddiStarMapService.StarMapService.ParseStarMapStation(JObject station, String system)
       at EddiStarMapService.StarMapService.ParseStarMapStations(JObject response)
       at EddiStarMapService.StarMapService.GetStarMapStations(String system, Nullable`1 edsmId)
       at EddiDataProviderService.DataProviderService.GetSystemExtras(StarSystem starSystem, Boolean showInformation, Boolean showBodies, Boolean showStations, Boolean showFactions)
       at EddiDataProviderService.StarSystemSqLiteRepository.GetOrCreateStarSystem(String name, Boolean fetchIfMissing)
       at EddiCompanionAppService.CompanionAppService.ProfileFromJson(JObject json)
       at EddiCompanionAppService.CompanionAppService.ProfileFromJson(String data)
       at EddiCompanionAppService.CompanionAppService.Profile(Boolean forceRefresh)
       at EddiCompanionAppService.CompanionAppService..ctor()
       at EddiCompanionAppService.CompanionAppService.get_Instance()
       at Eddi.MainWindow.setStatusInfo()
       at Eddi.MainWindow..ctor(Boolean fromVA)
       at Eddi.App.Main()
    Please follow the troubleshooting steps at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/ma...hes-on-startup.
    If the troubleshooting steps fail, please create an issue at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/new for us to review. Record the revision of EDDI that you have installed and attach a complete log file from a crash.

Originally Posted by Tkael View Post (Source)
    Please follow the troubleshooting steps at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/blob/ma...hes-on-startup.
    If the troubleshooting steps fail, please create an issue at https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/new for us to review. Record the revision of EDDI that you have installed and attach a complete log file from a crash.
    Thanks mate, found it. credentials.json was the culprit. awaiting new vc atm.

Getting mysterious. Code didn't work, unable to log in. when i typed my pw in again and clicked next, nothing happened. Closed eddi and restarted, credentials.json corrupted again.
    Second try, second code, same problem.
    Is the api really down atm or is this another thing going on?

edit: mad it an issue at github now: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/948

Getting mysterious. Code didn't work, unable to log in. when i typed my pw in again and clicked next, nothing happened. Closed eddi and restarted, credentials.json corrupted again.
    Second try, second code, same problem.
    Is the api really down atm or is this another thing going on?

edit: mad it an issue at github now: https://github.com/EDCD/EDDI/issues/948
    Thanks. We'll work through it. :-)

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 64676869