Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Thread: X4 this looks Very good

I've loved the X series for a long time, My first one was the first one, XBTF, the game I fell in love with as the space game scene was utterly dead at that point, it's a game I put many 100's of hours into and where my intense hatred for the Teladi began. Since then I've played X:Tension, X2, X3, X3TC, X3AP and ugh.. sti.. uhmm I mean rebirth.

My fave one was X:Tension, I must have put over 2000hrs into that, my least fave was rebirth, my steam play time for it is under 4 hours. ghastly game.

X4 I am really looking forward to, a proper space sim with no online crap. (yes I prefer single player space games)
    I'm already saving my pennies for a GTX 1060 which I hope will play it ok.

Please let the Teladi be in X4 ..I need to kill more of them and steal more of their ships.

Originally Posted by PS4gamer View Post (Source)
    I've loved the X series for a long time, My first one was the first one, XBTF, the game I fell in love with as the space game scene was utterly dead at that point, it's a game I put many 100's of hours into and where my intense hatred for the Teladi began. Since then I've played X:Tension, X2, X3, X3TC, X3AP and ugh.. sti.. uhmm I mean rebirth.

My fave one was X:Tension, I must have put over 2000hrs into that, my least fave was rebirth, my steam play time for it is under 4 hours. ghastly game.

X4 I am really looking forward to, a proper space sim with no online crap. (yes I prefer single player space games)
    I'm already saving my pennies for a GTX 1060 which I hope will play it ok.

Please let the Teladi be in X4 ..I need to kill more of them and steal more of their ships.
    The only 'X' I played was the last one. I didn't really get that far with it.
    The series was one I sort of bypassed for some reason, but I'll not bypass 4 I don't think. The 1060 should be fine with the right cpu.

Originally Posted by rootsrat View Post (Source)
    Some of the X4 screens look amazing, but some just a little bit meh.

I've installed X:Rebirth yesterday in search for Elite replacement. Ed and Will's Thursday's stream encourage me to get into Elite again, but after logging in last night I quit after 10 mins. Elite has no appeal anymore for me. Tried Everspace to get my space game fix, but that's just arcade roguelike, not quite what I wanted. I'm boycotting NMS due to GOG fiasco. X:R seems like the next game in the queue to try

Can't wait for X4.

Or Elite Q4 update.
    X:R is pretty cool after all the patches it received.

Originally Posted by cpbtrading View Post (Source)
    The only 'X' I played was the last one. I didn't really get that far with it.
    The series was one I sort of bypassed for some reason, but I'll not bypass 4 I don't think. The 1060 should be fine with the right cpu.
    Albion Prelude is still well worth looking into.

Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    X:R is pretty cool after all the patches it received.
    Exactly why I was waiting such a long time before playing it for real. Also Elite

What's the current plan for rough release date? This year?

They are aiming for 2018, but no guarantees.

So I decided to finally try out X: Rebirth lately. Well, the demo version anyway.... I guess it's just the Home of Light expansion? You get a lot of content with the demo, though, so it's been keeping me entertained the past few days. I have to say it's really quite good! I shied away from Rebirth given it's rocky launch, but I think I've missed out. The last X game I played was number 2 I believe, so it's been awhile. I guess that means I'm not coming into Rebirth with a lot of expectations, which may account for my overall positive feelings. It's buggy and a terribly obtuse, but I'm having tons of fun peeling back the layers and discovering all the things you can do.

Too bad I missed the Steam sale.... I'm really close to just buying the whole Rebirth pack on Steam! lol.

Still looking forward to X:4. From what I've seen it looks like it has a lot of potential.

i really fancy X Rbirth VR but from what i read most of the campaign has been ripped out...... is there any way to re-enable it? (last i read all the core game files are there and people were looking into it.

I really do not do pure sandboxes just doing stuff for the sake of it, i like to have goals.

other htan that XR VR looks fab.

X4 isnt going to have VR from what i understand but the devs said i think they may consider a VR release down the road like they did with XR... so there is no chance of me buying X4 sadly.

Originally Posted by CmdrKull View Post (Source)
    This looks awesome. Dare I say, garunteed day-one purchase.
    With EGOSOFT? Never. Wait 6 months and they have removed crippling bugs and get it slightly cheaper.

I loved the "original" X games, not X:Rebirth. But for me Egosoft became synonymous with game breaking script bugs, missions that would not trigger or not complete, or any number of other issues. Really frustrating and to be fair they would fix these eventually but if you were playing to progress the main plot this was a hard stop for you somtimes.

We could say that the same thing happens with ED at each new update released. The problem is that in ED some bugs take forever to be fixed.

Originally Posted by Vistitor010100 View Post (Source)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Xuniversechannel

This game has so much to offer, It will use Vulcan rendering so big plus for AMD users..

really excited for this

VR

Looks promising too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM3TYjWfjgw

Nice voice over review..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F84NzOg9GV0
    I got all the X-Games. As well as that one Crab Game which was made by the guys from Egosoft but just does not deserve to be called an X-Game...
    Been keeping an Eye on this one as well.
    I am really looking forward to it

Too bad there will likely be no Multiplayer in this Game either xD
    Would be Great if it at least had a Local Multiplayer for like 10 People.
    But well guess such Dreams are asked too much xD

Originally Posted by Snarfbuckle View Post (Source)
    With EGOSOFT? Never. Wait 6 months and they have removed crippling bugs and get it slightly cheaper.
    Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post (Source)
    I loved the "original" X games, not X:Rebirth. But for me Egosoft became synonymous with game breaking script bugs, missions that would not trigger or not complete, or any number of other issues. Really frustrating and to be fair they would fix these eventually but if you were playing to progress the main plot this was a hard stop for you somtimes.
    On that one I tend to be Lenient.
    Its not just Egosoft. Its pretty much every Developer which goes beyond the current Standards with their Game.

Just to name a few examples think about the Gothic Series or about the GTA Series.
    Thing about Operation Flashpoint or ARMA as its called nowdays

All of these Games got a few things in common ^^

They Created a Gigantic World which could compete with the Biggest Game Worlds of their Time. But at the same time made these Game Worlds so Dynamic and Alive that they could not only Compete with the guys which made small fully crafted levels. But in many cases even Outperformed them because their Large World allowed for a completely different scale in Interactions.
    They Created a Game that other Dev Studios said was Impossible because they said you just cannot make a Gigantic World and yet Manage it being alife.
    AND
    All of them were Terribly Bugged at Start and got a Tendency for the Worlds AI doing Crazy things that make no Sense

But this is not Surprising is it ?
    I mean they are constantly Creating Gameworlds of a Gigantic Size and yet make this feel Alife like it was a Small Series of Fully Detailed Levels.
    Its fairly Obvious that this will end up creating alot of Bugs and Problems.

And as long as they bother Fixing this Stuff afterwards. My Answer to this is Plain and Simple "Worth It!"

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    It's buggy and a terribly obtuse, but I'm having tons of fun peeling back the layers and discovering all the things you can do.
    Well that's just about every X game for you, you're welcome!

Originally Posted by Snarfbuckle View Post (Source)
    I probably already said this before in this very thread, but that's a not so bad advice after all. Day one purchase is a trust-buy with Egosoft, you should be buying their game fully expecting a rough experience and some crippling bugs, but with the guarantee that those will be squashed in the following months and the game will be supported, refined and expanded for years to come. With X4 anyway they seem to have unveiled their cards at quite a late stage of development compared to the previous title, with a possibility for an Early Access launch on Steam as they did with the VR version of XR. I'm still not expecting a bug free or totally optimized game at day one (or two, or fifteen...), but what I've seen until now is definitely better than what could be seen before the launch of XR.

Originally Posted by AkenBosch View Post (Source)
    Well that's just about every X game for you, you're welcome!

I probably already said this before in this very thread, but that's a not so bad advice after all. Day one purchase is a trust-buy with Egosoft, you should be buying their game fully expecting a rough experience and some crippling bugs, but with the guarantee that those will be squashed in the following months and the game will be supported, refined and expanded for years to come. With X4 anyway they seem to have unveiled their cards at quite a late stage of development compared to the previous title, with a possibility for an Early Access launch on Steam as they did with the VR version of XR. I'm still not expecting a bug free or totally optimized game at day one (or two, or fifteen...), but what I've seen until now is definitely better than what could be seen before the launch of XR.
    Yeah, I'm still having a lot of fun.... and frustration, but also fun.

I have no doubt that X4 will have issues at launch, given Egosoft's history. I don't know yet if it'll be a day one purchase from me or not, but it's definitely one I'll pick up at some point.

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast