Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 29323334

Thread: X4 this looks Very good

Originally Posted by Scrooge McDbrn47 View Post (Source)
    I think wrmiller was talking about Elite in regards to MMO, not X.
    IKR

Originally Posted by Scrooge McDbrn47 View Post (Source)
    I think wrmiller was talking about Elite in regards to MMO, not X.
    Yes I was, thanks. I'll try to be more concise with my wording in the future.

Originally Posted by StarLightPL View Post (Source)
    There are simply better MMO games out there. I have much older acquaintances who have thousands of hours in The Elder Scrolls Online, for example. Star Wars MMOs are said to be fun too (can't say, not my cup of tea), and the rising Fallout 76 is shaping up to be a blast, pardon the crude pun, as soon as Bethesda manages the fallout (sorry, again) of them venturing into multiplayer territory.
    I know that those services are a great way to make piles of cash for developers, but there is no need for them or any need to bother with them.

Just because you like autonomous video games, doesn't mean you HAVE to like online games or phone games.

Originally Posted by Backer42 View Post (Source)
    Just because you like autonomous video games, doesn't mean you HAVE to like online games or phone games.
    TBH I was mildly irked by Wrmiller saying something akin to "I tried E: D as a MMO, didn't like it so all MMOs surely must suck", and sarcasticaly pointed out the fact that the sample might be just a liiittle bit flawed there So called "player agency" can do wonders for a longevity of the title, although as Eve shows it can grow to unmanageable proportions. But that's the beauty of a "living breathing universe", which E: D is not.

Wow. Reading comprehension issues?

How does this: "This game is my first experience with a MMO game, and will probably be my last. Apparently, I don't play well with strangers."

Translate to: "I tried E: D as a MMO, didn't like it so all MMOs surely must suck"?

That's one hell of a translator you have there.

What I meant was that given my experiences in this game (and forum), I have found that I very rarely care to see other players in my computer game. Period. So were exactly did I say that "all MMOs surely must suck"?

This has nothing to do with the quality of the game. You can give me the best MMO game out there, (in your opinion), and I still likely wouldn't play it. Why? Because I don't want to deal with strangers in a game who just want to ruin other players experiences. I specifically stayed away from Eve, because the game is player driven. Thanks, but no thanks.

Now if there's a strictly PvE MMO out there that isn't some silly medieval game, I might try it. I quit playing Wizardry on my Apple in the early 80s and kinda moved on.

Apologies for mildly irking you.

Originally Posted by wrmiller View Post (Source)
    Wow. Reading comprehension issues?
    That's one hell of a translator you have there.
    (...)
    I don't want to deal with strangers in a game who just want to ruin other players experiences. I specifically stayed away from Eve, because the game is player driven. Thanks, but no thanks.

Now if there's a strictly PvE MMO out there that isn't some silly medieval game, I might try it. I quit playing Wizardry on my Apple in the early 80s and kinda moved on.
    I was pointing out a fact that using Elite to gauge MMOs is a bit silly which you first deny, then reaffirm. Warframe is excellent as a PvE with randoms, though the squad is only 4 people, so maybe not that MMO-ish (but hubs are bristling with players). TESO is other, but you don't like the genre. Star Trek is mainly PvE, though there are PvP "grounds" if you're so inclined. Upcoming FO76 would be interesting because PvP must be consensual there or bad things will happen to the attacker. And there already are people who want to be a trader in the FO76 universe, crafting strategies and trading routes in the beta.

I have little experience with MMOs due to time constraints (a bit of TESO and Star Trek Online, though lots of Warframe and now Destiny 2) but even that allows me to say "Elite is not even a mediocre MMO example". Acutally the only things players could do together before winged missions were introduced was to shoot each other. And even with winged missions there is little incentive to "group up" to be honest. Ships don't serve any other roles as DPSes, there are no convoys etc. etc. There is no trading tools between players. Economy is sterile and tick-based etc. etc. etc.

It's like with X: Rebirth tbh. People are still salty about the release and badmouthing the now quite nice game because it was bad on release. Completely ignoring the fact that there was a ton of updates in the three years that passed, making it a game worth playing. Same with No Man's Sky.

Bottom line - don't assume all MMO's are like Elite, because they simply aren't. It's Elite which is trying to pose as a MMO while lacking all the tools needed for player agency.

I'm one of those weirdo's that actually really enjoyed X Rebirth(My username's the same name of the main character).

To my eternal shame, I still have not played any other X-game, but I'll bring change to that, as I'd like to get some hours into X3 AP before the big launch of X4.
    Pretty damn hyped, if I can tear myself away from my beloved X:R

Originally Posted by Ren Otani View Post (Source)
    I'm one of those weirdo's that actually really enjoyed X Rebirth(My username's the same name of the main character).

To my eternal shame, I still have not played any other X-game, but I'll bring change to that, as I'd like to get some hours into X3 AP before the big launch of X4.
    Pretty damn hyped, if I can tear myself away from my beloved X:R
    X:R was a lot of fun, at least after it got patched.

<- I have an X:R avatar too. heh heh.

I enjoyed XR, too. I have about 400 hours into it, which is pretty good for a single player game. It's nowhere near as good as XTC with Albion Prelude, though, which were time sinks to rival ED for me

Originally Posted by Jenner View Post (Source)
    X:R was a lot of fun, at least after it got patched.

<- I have an X:R avatar too. heh heh.
    Heck yeah! I saw your avatar pass by a few times, had to resist the urge to point it out as it'd be very off-topic, heh

By the way, what are our X:R-fans' favourite ships? For me I'd wager it's the Gangrene Chaser of the Split faction. Tanky, versatile weapons (Amazing anti-fighter with its constant stream of projectiles, yet still great anti-cap weapons), good looks. If this thing had the mobility to back it up it'd be way OP.

Originally Posted by wrmiller View Post (Source)
    Star Trek Online and SWTOR seem to be more PvE oriented MMO's but they are old now. ( I hadn't tried them actually.) I would suggest joining one of the Mobius private groups for an ED PvE experience with no ganking. Multi-crew hosting or joining is also another possibility.

Originally Posted by Ren Otani View Post (Source)
    Heck yeah! I saw your avatar pass by a few times, had to resist the urge to point it out as it'd be very off-topic, heh

By the way, what are our X:R-fans' favourite ships? For me I'd wager it's the Gangrene Chaser of the Split faction. Tanky, versatile weapons (Amazing anti-fighter with its constant stream of projectiles, yet still great anti-cap weapons), good looks. If this thing had the mobility to back it up it'd be way OP.
    With over 200 hrs since Oct in this game, I have no clue what you're talking about, if it's a DLC related asset, that makes sense, as I purchased the DLC only yesterday, and haven't explored yet.

Originally Posted by EUS View Post (Source)
    With over 200 hrs since Oct in this game, I have no clue what you're talking about, if it's a DLC related asset, that makes sense, as I purchased the DLC only yesterday, and haven't explored yet.
    Maelstrom? The one sector deeper into the system. A small split colony over there is being guarded by their faction's signature ships. It is vanilla.

These ships will stand out easily, as they're giant rust-coloured hunks of deadly steel. Boarding them is a little challenging at first but once you get the ropes it's a good source of warships.

Sweet, thx for info. Been there, disappointed I couldn't cap a robot destroyer.

Anyway, back on topic, looking forward to the linux release of X4.
    Hopefully sooner than later.

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 29323334