Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous Writing Contest - November 2017

Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dfire View Post (Source)
    You've still got almost three weeks. What I'd recommend is that you take your story and re-write it from the ground up, you'll probably find away to get the story across but in a more lean way. My first draft was 2500 words, was pretty much in the same place. However, 2 re-writes later got it down (just).
    Wow! I had exactly the opposite problem. I found it difficult to write anything longer than 100 words (not including the title).

I would've given up entering, but I felt it was my duty to get something in there on behalf of the Drabblers..

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...12#post6144312

I'll just leave that URL there in case anyone doesn't know about us

Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Will try to do that later this week with the ones we've received so far! I'll try to do this as I check off entries and compile the list of people who have entered so far (for internal use)
    Thanks for the acknowledgement email Dale.

Got my submission receipt, cheers Dale :P

You have a LOT of reading ahead of you. I hope you are fully prepared (eye drops, coffee, reading glasses)...

Pruning is always a difficult task, but it also makes you realise how much unnecessary crap one can write without realising...

The short story collections that came with Frontier and FFE way back in the day are probably still some of my favourite short stories, as such, it was a joy to have a proper go at writing something within the Elite universe.

Fingers crossed it goes down well.

5. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #140
    I've dropped a quick reply/confirmation to those that came in before today (there were quiiiiiite a few) so you should have a little confirmation with a totally-not-copy-pasted-response in it. :)

So, if you submitted your entry before today (Monday 20) then you should have an email from me. If not, poke me in PMs and drop me your email address you sent it from and I'll do another search. :)

One day i was playing elite and i was doing a mission, i jumped to the other system and delivered the stuff from the mission.
    After this mission i was doing nothing and fly infront of the station.

Is this story good enough?

I've dropped a quick reply/confirmation to those that came in before today (there were quiiiiiite a few) so you should have a little confirmation with a totally-not-copy-pasted-response in it. :)

So, if you submitted your entry before today (Monday 20) then you should have an email from me. If not, poke me in PMs and drop me your email address you sent it from and I'll do another search. :)

Received :D Thanks man!

Originally Posted by patttiat View Post (Source)
    One day i was playing elite and i was doing a mission, i jumped to the other system and delivered the stuff from the mission.
    After this mission i was doing nothing and fly infront of the station.

Is this story good enough?
    It's a fine story, but below the 1000-word minimum. You'll need to pad it out a bit with a few adjectives and adverbs

Dale, do you plan to also send out confirmation notices to those of us who submit our entries in the coming week(s)?

I'm almost done with my entry, but I always like to let the things I write rest a while, so I can re-read them with fresh eyes and catch mistakes that were overlooked earlier. Especially now, since English is not my native language.

A confirmation that the entry has been received is always reassuring :)

10. This is the last staff post in this thread. #145
    Originally Posted by Sireei Lieesi View Post (Source)
    Dale, do you plan to also send out confirmation notices to those of us who submit our entries in the coming week(s)?

I'm almost done with my entry, but I always like to let the things I write rest a while, so I can re-read them with fresh eyes and catch mistakes that were overlooked earlier. Especially now, since English is not my native language.

A confirmation that the entry has been received is always reassuring :)
    Yes, but due to time and having other tasks to take care of this happens in waves. It won't be instant/auto, but I will be doing that at some point around the end of the week.

Yes, but due to time and having other tasks to take care of this happens in waves. It won't be instant/auto, but I will be doing that at some point around the end of the week.
    This is definitely good enough for me - as long as I know, the entry has been received :)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910