Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: DESCENDING INTO CRIME: DETAIL REQUESTS

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee

DESCENDING INTO CRIME: DETAIL REQUESTS

Hello Commanders!

Please Remember: This thread is for feedback directed at developers, not other posters. Please post requests for additional details here if you think we have missed pertinent information that could help you give better feedback.

Try to be as specific as you can with detail requests. If possible, try to explain what particular thing the details would help with.

We can’t promise to have the time to respond. Sometimes we may not have even nailed down the details. Importantly for us though, such requests can be useful in forcing us to consider all the angles!

Where we can, we will answer in this first post, and update the main post where possible.

-------------

From post #10 below...

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

Can you please clarify exactly what problem(s) these changes are intended to solve?
    The current crime system is a little too complicated with various states. It's also too easy to avoid consequences when committing crimes.

Can I just request clarification.... are these changes for everyone (yay!) or just for Pilots Federation bounties (booo!)
    These changes would apply across the board for crimes against both human Commanders and NPCs

Just how limited the services would be?
    Current thoguhts: you could complete active missions, visit the blackmarket, Interstellar Factors, and security office if the ship only had a fine on it

When a ship is "hot", is it only effective in the current system where a crime is commited or in every system ?
    A hot ship would be hot everywhere. However service restrictions would only apply in the appropriate jurisdictions

If a ship get "hot" because of a CMDR murder (PF bounty), do the ship get limitations to ship transfer, module transfer and sale in every non anarchy system ?
    Current thinking: yes. Pilot's Federation bounties are nasty.

Limited in that these functions are completely blocked? Or are available, but subject to some restrictions?
    Blocked completely

How is the player meant to remove these fines and bounty without paying? in the current system they expire.
    They don't. The crimes must be paid for one way or another, or left hanging as a persistent threat/restriction

Hot ships have limitations to ship transfer, module transfer and sale. Going to need much more than restricted, it could mean anything...
    Current thoughts: Modules removed from hot ships would be hot modules. Possibly unable to fit until cleaned in storage, or possibly applying a fine/bounty/crime to ships they are fitted to. Possibly can be sold at a massively reduced cost.

Would you be able to sell a ship that has a wanted bounty/fine and just deduct the bounty/fine from the cash value of the ship?
    Possibly. Selling a hot ship would almost certainly need to give you a massively reduced payout.

Edit: disregard, I posted before I realised the full implication of the forum, thought it was a general livestream question thread. I have read now, and think the ideas at face value, look awesome!

Can you please clarify exactly what problem(s) these changes are intended to solve?

Hi
    Can I just request clarification.... are these changes for everyone (yay!) or just for Pilots Federation bounties (booo!)

thanks

(I ask because another poster has suggested this is just something for open and other CMDRs where i would like to enjoy the richness of a more interesting criminal career despite not playing with others much of the time.)

You will have limited access to services in jurisdictions where your ship is wanted.

• Hot ships have limitations to ship transfer, module transfer and sale
    Limited in that these functions are completely blocked? Or are available, but subject to some restrictions?

Would you be able to sell a ship that has a wanted bounty/fine and just deduct the bounty/fine from the cash value of the ship?

I can already see how this can be exploited but first I would like some extra information that could help explain why it would be so easy to exploit.

• Bounties and fines never expire or mature

How is the player meant to remove these fines and bounty without paying? in the current system they expire.

• Hot ships have restricted services at starports
    • Hot ships have limitations to ship transfer, module transfer and sale

Going to need much more than restricted, it could mean anything...

If I attacked a player and they log out, with the 15sec or pull the plug, where does this leave me as the attacker? I already suffered my consequence...

When a ship is "hot", is it only effective in the current system where a crime is commited or in every system ? Similar question : If a ship get "hot" because of a CMDR murder (PF bounty), do the ship get limitations to ship transfer, module transfer and sale in every non anarchy system ?

I can foresee a issue depending on the answer i'll get

10. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #10
    Lead Designer- Elite: Dangerous Frontier Employee
    Hello Commanders!

The current crime system is a little too complicated with various states. It's also too easy to avoid consequences when committing crimes.

These changes would apply across the board for crimes against both human Commanders and NPCs

Current thoguhts: you could complete active missions, visit the blackmarket, Interstellar Factors, and security office if the ship only had a fine on it

When a ship is "hot", is it only effective in the current system where a crime is commited or in every system ?
    A hot ship would be hot everywhere. However service restrictions would only apply in the appropriate jurisdictions

If a ship get "hot" because of a CMDR murder (PF bounty), do the ship get limitations to ship transfer, module transfer and sale in every non anarchy system ?

Blocked completely

They don't. The crimes must be paid for one way or another, or left hanging as a persistent threat/restriction

Hot ships have limitations to ship transfer, module transfer and sale. Going to need much more than restricted, it could mean anything...
    Current thoughts: Modules removed from hot ships would be hot modules. Possibly unable to fit until cleaned in storage, or possibly applying a fine/bounty/crime to ships they are fitted to. Possibly can be sold at a massively reduced cost.

Possibly. Selling a hot ship would almost certainly need to give you a massively reduced payout.

Originally Posted by Sandro Sammarco View Post (Source)
    Hello Commanders!

Blocked completely

I'd encourage some kind of limitation even in anarchy systems, otherwise players will simply go there to refit their ship for pittance and 'wipe' their hot status by buying a fresh ship and moving modules. Even if you could still use services in anarchy, but selling modules would only net you 10% of their worth.

EDIT: whoop, you already addressed it haha!

How are pure credit fines going to deter players with billons in the bank to whom money is basically meaningless?

Are you concerned that too many faction specific penalties will just make it easier to avoid consequences and also make the system more complex.

How will the tactic of sidewinder ramming to incur a huge penalty on the other player be fixed here?

Would you agree that any C&P system has to reflect consequences to the player community not just in game ones. How would these proposals address that?

I like this idea, but I do have some questions.

Now that ships will be 'wanted' or 'hot', how will this affect bounty boards? Will bounty boards show a CMDR name, or a ship name?

If a criminal is in a 'cold' ship, will a scan from a CMDR (in a jurisdiction they are wanted) or KWS (in any other jurisdiction) reveal their other bounties, and if so, how will that affect the ship they are currently in? The same question could be asked from the perspective of system authority.

I can probably think of more questions, but I will leave those here for now.

Basically I love the concept, especially the bit about consequences of friendly fire. Lost a python when an npc flew in front of my multicannons once.
    As for the 'hot' ships, what is the 'geographical' scope of the service limitations? Is it system, faction, or super power wide? Does it escalate?
    I do however think it is the pilot who is the offender. You commit a bank robbery and the getaway car is hot, but so is the perpetrator so he should also have a price on his head.

More than once I've been given a fine for firing on a ship that was clearly labeled as "Wanted". Every time I've committed a "crime", it's been an accident or a bug in the game. If you institute these changes, I'm going to file tickets every time this happens. Currently, I just wait it out.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast