Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: DESCENDING INTO CRIME: DETAIL REQUESTS

Q: Will illegal missions get a significant ( and i mean significant ) payout buff with the new c&p system (higher risk, higher reward), eg. base blackout missions, smuggling, pirating ? Since your ship will be usesless/resticted in the end .

detail request: when can we expect answers to theses questions.

do we have to watch the stream tomorrow?

Impounding?

If when respawning at a "correctional facility" the CMDR doesn't have (or chooses not to spend) credits to pay for their crimes the "hot" ship could be impounded and only released to the player when fines/bounties are paid in full on return to the facility.

To further dissuade/punish criminality you should force a CMDR to submit to scans before being granted docking priviliges when first approaching a faction, high security systems (Sol, Achenar, Founders World ect...) and the "correctional facilities" when going to pay fine and retreive impounded ship.

Love the new ideas and hope to see them (in whatever form they take) soon.

Escape Pods:

Currently, on 'death' you re-spawn in the last station visited, with your ship, or a stock sidey.

Proposed is to re-spawn in a more local station / base / detention centre.
    It's better, but.....

Why not get 'real' and on death, you launch out into your escape capsule, then either auto-pilot to the nearest base, which makes it a bit of a time penalty rather than just a financial penalty, which, lets face it, means nothing to the rich, and is a PITA for the newbies. Or it could be a pilotable, un-armed pod, so you drive yourself. Maybe that could be a deluxe option, even.

The mechanics are pretty much in-game already, in the form of ship launched fighters.

If you're criminal, and destroyed by system security, or a bounty hunter, then you run the risk of being scooped, and taken to a detention facility, where you'll have to pay all fines before being allowed to buy a ship, or transfer one over, or get someone to come & collect you in the form of multi-crew.

If you're out in deep space, too far from a base / station, then you'll need rescuing, but it has been proved that the community is more than happy to carry out rescue missions - fuel rats etc.

The new Search & rescue dept would have something to do then, too

As for getting your ship back, open for discussion, but I think you should have to go to a 'galactic insurance claims' office, or something, which could be added to the 'search & rescue' office, or hi-tec shipyard, or similar.

I think it's fair to say that most people prefer ED as a simulation rather than just another shoot-em-up, however, if you don't like the role playing 'reality' of this scenario, then you could maybe have the option of logging out, & back in again, to re-spawn in a station, as per normal.

It was shown in the vote for 'time-penalty ship transfer' that most people prefered a time penalty, for the sake of 'realism'.

While you're at it, ship repairs & re-stocks should probably take just enough time for someone to go & make a cup of tea & a sandwich, & a quick visit to the ship's bog-o-matic (tm)

o7

First concern I have is that newer players may not realise they have committed a crime, end up in lockdown, with no way to pay their fines! That would be really frustrating. It's so easy to accidentally hit an NPC at a Nav Beacon or RES.

I do like the idea of having a 'hot' tag attached to ships.

Given that we have API tools, and I can actually do the calculations in Tableau (no proper coding knowledge here!) from the journal JSON files, could there be a security grade applied? So, if you have a bounty of, say, 1mil then the security ships will scan you faster. If you had a bounty of 10mil, they would detect you as soon as they see you. If you have 100mil then as soon as you jump into a non-anarchy system, you are getting interdicted before you have a chance to jump. If you are that much of a criminal, I think it should be like Smokey & The Bandit or something - you run away until you can hide, change ships, get a haircut and fake moustache! If the average bounty level was taken as part of the daily tick, it could serve as a benchmark for how the security levels were applied. With the aggression levels of the Thargoid ships, I wonder if this could be applied to security ships? I'm sure any hardened criminal would love the prospect of 4 very angry, Elite Anacondas chasing them down in every system they jump to!

How does this effect the PvE side of things?

Is this only for PvP crimes (murdering other cmdrs?) or does it apply to smuggling stealing and npc assassination missions as well?

What about docking fines?

What if I shoot the SA by accident?

What are the incentives to commit crimes?

Is there any incentive for committing crimes under this system?

(It seems like the risk/reward is currently waited towards no risk/minimal reward, now it will be high risk minimal reward. Ideally a high risk activity would also have potentially high rewards).

How will this reign in wealthy/established players from acting exactly as they did before?

Is it correct that all I need to do to avoid consequences is to purchase more than one ship and swap ships?

In what way does this punish a wealthy griefer?

Is there any mechanic to avoid getting caught committing crimes under this system?

If I'm in a wing and my wing-mate commits a crime, will that crime be counted against my ship? (Will i be made an accessory?)

How does this fit into the lore?

Does it really make sense that crimes are attributed to the ship and not the pilot?

Am I allowed to make alternative proposals or is this feedback for something that's already going into the game? How set in stone is the new set of ruels?

Apologies if this is a double post, I think my reply to this thread got lost as I can't find it. New player and new to the forums.

How does this effect the PvE side of things?

Is this only for PvP crimes (murdering other cmdrs?) or does it apply to smuggling stealing and npc assassination missions as well?

What about docking fines?

What if I shoot the SA by accident?

What are the incentives to commit crimes?

Is there any incentive for committing crimes under this system?

(It seems like the risk/reward is currently waited towards no risk/minimal reward, now it will be high risk minimal reward. Ideally a high risk activity would also have potentially high rewards).

How will this reign in wealthy/established players from acting exactly as they did before?

Is it correct that all I need to do to avoid consequences is to purchase more than one ship and swap ships?

In what way does this punish a wealthy griefer?

Is there any mechanic to avoid getting caught committing crimes under this system?

If I'm in a wing and my wing-mate commits a crime, will that crime be counted against my ship? (Will i be made an accessory?)

How does this fit into the lore?

Does it really make sense that crimes are attributed to the ship and not the pilot?

Am I allowed to make alternative proposals or is this feedback for something that's already going into the game? How set in stone is the new set of rules?

Forgive me if my post doesn't add much value to the conversation. However, being that this is a "blaze your own trail" game, a commander who chooses to be an outlaw shouldn't be so restricted that the game becomes unplayable or renders a certain ship unusable. That said, I do think that the consequences of committing crimes should be severe enough to give serious pause to a commander contemplating this path. I haven't read much about the proposed new crime and punishment model to be honest but what I have read makes becoming an outlaw a very enticing prospect to add some much needed excitement to the game.

What wound the proposed damage threshold be to incur a wanted status?

Whats going to happen with Legacy Fines? If they are going away what happens to currently existing legacy fines?

Regarding the penal facilities... Why would you need to hand place them? There are many prison colony factions around the bubble, and a number of stations with "penal" or "prison" in the name, why not use those? Give them a graphical overhaul if you want to make them look more prison-ey.You already gave a specific economy a distinct function (tourism and long range missions), why not keep doing that with other parts of the game?

Regarding station issues. Will this work ONLY on station CONTROLLED by the faction? or System wide? Will the restriction work if I land on a lawless planet with a station there ( example would be Deciat's hassle point)

[Post moved to Correct Thread]

What about system where insurance claim is covered by pilot who did the damage?
    If its your own fault by smashing into planet you pay for it, if other CMDR destroys your ship he pays.
    It would help pirates to be pirates not griefers.

Since when Elite Dangerous become Elite Complicated?

Regarding new spawning rule:

If you were detected as wanted or hostile you respawn at the nearest appropriate detention facility
    I already posted about the powerplay issue, that a pledged commander is hostile in most regions of colonized space except in his own power's teritorry. There could be another powerplay examption again OR:

Could we get rid of the "hostile" tag in powerplay at all?

If I think about it I don't see any good reason for having it. NPC's don't attack us at will - only if they scan us with active powerplay gimmicks. And the ruleset for pvp interaction for powerplay is pretty clear. I think the "hostile" tag for powerplay might be just an overcome relic.

Of course the powerplay ruleset must be aknoledged by the game system so we can still attack an "enemy" pilot who is cought in another powers teritorry with inpunity, if we are pledged and of the "defending" home power and also the current system of offensive powrply pvp being exempt from the pilots federation galaxy wide jurisdication - so powerply pvp will stay a local business.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast