Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #200

Newsletter #200

All the latest Elite Dangerous news

NEWSLETTER #200

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

This week we set our Xbox One X support live, allowing owners of the new console to explore the galaxy in true 4k. We also launched Discovery Scanner: our new series of livestreams. This first episode kicks off with Programmer Dr Anthony Ross and is not to be missed!

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

XBOX ONE X SUPPORT

We're delighted to add 4k Xbox One X support to Elite Dangerous from launch.

A few different options are available to tailor your settings to your preference. Check out the forum post for more details.

WATCHING THE SKY

Commanders have made two more INRA base discoveries this week, shining a light on the organisation and its troubled history.

The first site alludes to INRA reverse-engineering Thargoid technology to make new shields, weapons and power management tools. This included replicating Thargoid drive technology and some devastating experiments with wormholes.

Another base seemed to have been under a large-scale attack by the Thargoids. The attack was set up by the organisation to trial their newly-developed weaponry, but they did not expect to see a Thargoid mothership. CMDR Dadinacactus has recorded the chilling audio log here.

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

DISCOVERY SCANNER:

DR ANTHONY ROSS

The first episode of Discovery Scanner features Programmer Dr Anthony Ross, who talks through the creation of the Elite Dangerous galaxy: including how the stellar forge was created. Discovery Scanner goes behind the scenes like never before.

FOCUSED FEEDBACK

Next week, Lead Designer Sandro Sammarco will be on the stream to discuss Beyond Series: Focused Feedback. Check out the new forum section to see how you can get involved.

Store Spotlight
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

NEW SHIP KITS

Welcome the Imperial Cutter and Type-6 to the Ship Kit club!

Available for the first time are Ship Kits for the Imperial Cutter and Type 6 for pilots to personalize them to their hearts content.

Available on the Frontier Store for PC players and on the respective console digital stores.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

THE BLACK FLEET’S FIGHT FOR INDEPENDENCE

In a feat of dedication and show of strength over the past 18 months, The Black Fleet have fought their way to dominance by driving back the Conservatives of Tiliala to their home system and blockading them to prevent the Conservatives from giving permits to their home system.

Fighting as mercenaries and living by the proverb of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend,” The Black Fleet fought in every conflict to oppose the Conservatives of Tiliala until, on 29 October, 3303, they prevailed.

To avoid blockades of this type in future, when a permit-giving faction is pushed back into their restricted home system, they will enter a state of exile wherein a megaship will be deployed to allow other Commanders to still be able to obtain a permit for the system.

For their achievements, tenacity, and dedication to the cause, The Black Fleet will now become joint permit givers for the system of Tiliala – making them the first player group to achieve this status. You can read the full story and listen to the transmissions from The Black Fleet here: http://www.blackfleet.xyz/

HERMASZEWSKI CELEBRATION RACE

Buckyball Racing Club and The Winged Hussars have teamed up to celebrate their 2nd Birthday and Mirosław Hermaszewski, the first and only Polish astronaut in the history of the space flight. The race will take place between 10-19 November 3303 and the commander with the short time wins.

Check out the official post for details

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

OPERATION ANDRONICUS CONCLUDES

Admiral Aden Tanner has confirmed that Operation Andronicus has reached a successful conclusion. Hundreds of pilots supported the initiative by taking to their ships to deliver a strategic blow to the Thargoids in the Pleiades Sector IR-W d1-55.

FEEDING CALIFORNIA

The Spinward Marches Alliance Concern has announced plans to establish an agricultural facility in the Synuefai LX-R d5-28 system, with the aim of supporting the Alliance and Turner Research Group outposts in the California Nebula. To support this goal, the organisation has placed an open order for various commodities.

WOLVES OF JONAI APPEAL

The Wolves of Jonai have announced plans to construct a new asteroid base among the rings of HR 7047 2 C, and have placed an open order for construction materials. The organisation has also placed a kill order on all ships on its wanted list, to ensure that those delivering commodities to Grant Dock can do so safely.

PLEIADES RESCUE OPERATION CONCLUDES

Cooper Research Associates have announced that their rescue operation has reached a successful conclusion. Hundreds of independent pilots supported the campaign, taking to their ships to recover people and personal effects from Thargoid attack sites. Many of those rescued are now recovering at The Oracle.

TAIPAN AX1 RELEASED

A spokesperson for Faulcon DeLacy has announced that the manufacturer has teamed up with Aegis to produce a new version of its popular fighter the Taipan. The spokesperson confirmed that the development was a direct response to the rising Thargoid threat. The ship has been equipped with two AX multi-cannons, to make it more effective against Thargoid vessels. The ship will be available from the 13th of November 3303.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

FEEDING CALIFORNIA

Hansford’s Landing, BD+22 4939

Help construct agricultural installations and earn rewards by delivering Terrain Enrichment Systems, Crop Harvesters and Auto Fabricators to Hansford’s Landing in the BD+22 4939 system.

WOLVES OF JONAI APPEAL

Grant Dock, HR 7047

Help construct an asteroid base and earn rewards by delivering Titanium, Beryllium, Explosives, Aluminium and Palladium to Grant Dock in the HR 7047 system.

PROTECT TRADERS IN HR 7047

Grant Dock, HR 7047

Protect traders and earn rewards by handing in Bounty Vouchers at Grant Dock in the HR 7047 system.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

HANGAR IN 360

Bartekd on Reddit has created this fantastic 360 interactive panorama of his Cobra Mk IV inside a hangar.

CHAIR ENVY

Check out Kev B's incredible motion chair and VR set up for Elite Dangerous.

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribe

Enjoyed this email? Why not forward to a friend

Frontier

Copyright © 2017 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

Thanks Jenner as usual. Always a pleasure to receive the newsletter

Ah, finally! Thanks for the newsletter, Jenner!

Thank you for this week's Discovery Scanner episode, it was very informative, many thanks to Dr Anthony Ross.

Have a good weekend, everyone. o7

Just pointing this out as neither CG description or the newsletter seem to mention it: Participating in either of the HR 7047 CG's will make you eligible for the Wolves of Jonai Decal.

(source)

Come on FD, please improve the level of in-game information - we shouldn't have to find things out via the forum, email, twitter, reddit, or YouTube - it should be available inside the game!
    I really hope that "Beyond" will include a UI boost that can mix both graphics and text to raise the level of information delivered in both CG descriptions and GalNet articles.

Have a good weekend Cmdr Jenner!

I thought they said there weren't going to be any wormholes.

I was hoping #200 could be more festive .. anyway, thanks for the newsletter !

Originally Posted by ian baristan View Post (Source)
    I was hoping #200 could be more festive .. anyway, thanks for the newsletter !
    I was hoping #200 would be a special newsletter ... kind of disappointed it wasn't.

Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    I was hoping #200 would be a special newsletter ... kind of disappointed it wasn't.
    first imperial ship-kit. not special enough?

also, the FDEV CG team is trying to make us hate the CG system even more, with playing two Player minor faction CGs against each other.

Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    first imperial ship-kit. not special enough?
    No, it isn't. It's the 200th newsletter and a mere ship kit is not a good enough celebration.

I mean ... it's THE TWO HUNDRETH NEWSLETTER FCOL and it looks just like it was any other newsletter from the past four years. Two hundred, I always thought that was a special milestone ... apparently I was wrong.

EDIT: Just off the top of my head here's some ideas for the 200th newsletter ...
    * A look back at how and why the newsletters started
    * A behind the scenes look at how they are put together
    * The newsletters through the years
    * A 2 hour livestream to feature these ideas

But no, let's just do a normal newsletter like nothing special happened.

Originally Posted by Alien View Post (Source)
    No, it isn't. It's the 200th newsletter and a mere ship kit is not a good enough celebration.

I mean ... it's THE TWO HUNDRETH NEWSLETTER FCOL and it looks just like it was any other newsletter from the past four years. Two hundred, I always thought that was a special milestone ... apparently I was wrong.

EDIT: Just off the top of my head here's some ideas for the 200th newsletter ...
    * A look back at how and why the newsletters started
    * A behind the scenes look at how they are put together
    * The newsletters through the years
    * A 2 hour livestream to feature these ideas

But no, let's just do a normal newsletter like nothing special happened.
    What is so special about round numbers? Wouldn’t 201 be even better to celebrate than 200? You humans are so funny with your superstitions and traditions.

Originally Posted by Vin Nova View Post (Source)
    What is so special about round numbers? Wouldn’t 201 be even better to celebrate than 200? You humans are so funny with your superstitions and traditions.
    Lmao, I agree.

Nobody in a right mind is going to postpone shizzle because the 200 nr in a newsletter (nobody reads) sequence is coming up.

Thx Jenner, for #200.

any newsletter link today please,as after subscribing,unsubscribing,resubscribing i still do not receive the email.

thanx.

Coops.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast