Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8111213141518 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti Xeno Combat Initiative and Ship Outfit Suggestions for All

I've been thinking that the Type-10 Defender would be a good flagship around which an Anti-Xeno wing could be built. I've watched video of a Commander take down a Cyclops solo in a Defender and come out the other side with 83% hull left. Something that can hang out around the edge of the battle and provide support while the rest of the wing aggros it.

-AX Multi-cannon turrets in the 4 large slots for standoff weaponry
    -Remote Release Flak Launchers in the 3 medium slots to help with the Tharglets
    -Beam Lasers in the small slots with the Regeneration Sequence effect to help with wingmates' shields
    -Shield Boosters, Shutdown Field Neutralizer, and Xeno Scanner for Utilities
    -Class 8 Shield Generator
    -Class 7 Fighter Hangar with AX Taipans, one each for an NPC and a multicrew member
    -Class 6 Cargo Rack for Limpets
    -Class 3 Repair Limpet and Decontamination Limpet Controllers to help with damage control
    -Class 5, 4, 3, and 2 Hull Reinforcements in the rest of the slots
    -3 Wingmen flying something maneuverable and hard hitting like Fer-de-Lances with AX weaponry

If I had the credits and the motivation to fight Thargoids, I probably would want to try this out someday.

Originally Posted by damon8r351 View Post (Source)
    I've been thinking that the Type-10 Defender would be a good flagship around which an Anti-Xeno wing could be built. I've watched video of a Commander take down a Cyclops solo in a Defender and come out the other side with 83% hull left. Something that can hang out around the edge of the battle and provide support while the rest of the wing aggros it.

-AX Multi-cannon turrets in the 4 large slots for standoff weaponry
    -Remote Release Flak Launchers in the 3 medium slots to help with the Tharglets
    -Beam Lasers in the small slots with the Regeneration Sequence effect to help with wingmates' shields
    -Shield Boosters, Shutdown Field Neutralizer, and Xeno Scanner for Utilities
    -Class 8 Shield Generator
    -Class 7 Fighter Hangar with AX Taipans, one each for an NPC and a multicrew member
    -Class 6 Cargo Rack for Limpets
    -Class 3 Repair Limpet and Decontamination Limpet Controllers to help with damage control
    -Class 5, 4, 3, and 2 Hull Reinforcements in the rest of the slots
    -3 Wingmen flying something maneuverable and hard hitting like Fer-de-Lances with AX weaponry

If I had the credits and the motivation to fight Thargoids, I probably would want to try this out someday.
    I went with a class-7 shield G5 reinforced with about 5 heavy duty SBs and a class-8 SCB. Worked pretty well, but even when the shields did drop, not much happened with all that armor. Had two class 4D MRPs helping, though, and lots of engineered HRPs.

Originally Posted by JonathanBurnage View Post (Source)
    Best fighter is GU-97. Super agile so lasts ages - even the swarm has trouble hitting it. Just use it as a distraction.
    Yes and no . Yes it is true it is super agile but it was nice when i was starting to learn what is going on , now after i learned some tactics and started to fly FAOFF more and shoot swarm as soon as possible i don't need distraction. All i need is more firepower , and AX F with skilled pilot is like extra medium AX MC . At least keeps Cyclops from regenerating when i do some bad maneuvers and let him get away from my MC range.

In many cases i don't even lose shields anymore during the fight

Btw anyone tried a Cutter? I have a feeling it might suit anti-cyclops role thanks to speed because i boost away FAOFF a lot during my fights to avoid most of the big hits. On top of that extra flak might be helpfull as sometimes 2 are not enough to deal with swarm , and those huuuuge shields .....

Anyone tried the Decontamination Limpets.

Whilst cooking of the caustic missile goo works, the GalNet suggests they have some repair capacity too so maybe worth while?

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    Anyone tried the Decontamination Limpets.

Whilst cooking of the caustic missile goo works, the GalNet suggests they have some repair capacity too so maybe worth while?
    if you have found a vendor - please post it in that topic:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...nation-Limpets

Originally Posted by Karamon View Post (Source)
    Yes and no . Yes it is true it is super agile but it was nice when i was starting to learn what is going on , now after i learned some tactics and started to fly FAOFF more and shoot swarm as soon as possible i don't need distraction. All i need is more firepower , and AX F with skilled pilot is like extra medium AX MC . At least keeps Cyclops from regenerating when i do some bad maneuvers and let him get away from my MC range.

In many cases i don't even lose shields anymore during the fight

Btw anyone tried a Cutter? I have a feeling it might suit anti-cyclops role thanks to speed because i boost away FAOFF a lot during my fights to avoid most of the big hits. On top of that extra flak might be helpfull as sometimes 2 are not enough to deal with swarm , and those huuuuge shields .....

https://i.imgur.com/ZilrSx6.png
    I use it every time I destroy a heart, when his shields go up and he comes at you all lightning-happy. The fighter wears down the shields (they decay in time); by the time the fighter is destroyed his shields are down or almost down. In the meantime I can be dodging caustic missiles and neutralising shutdown pulses whilst the fighter is distracting.

IMO the Ax fighter is a red herring that hinders more than it helps. It can help exert hearts but not destroy them, and it makes the interceptor manoeuvre like crazy, making it harder for you to hit the exerted heart. I don’t re-engage until the fighter is destroyed and the interceptor is focused on me again. The additional firepower is not necessary - twin C3 Ax multis and twin Ax missiles are more than sufficient. Four C3 Ax multis also works on Anaconda.

Some people do fly Cutter, and do it well. Personally I wouldn’t because of its supertanker-like agility, but that’s just my opinion. One flak is all you need - one well-timed shot will do more damage than two or three poor ones. I fly Corvette and have just one flak on the C3 hardpoint - the swarm isn’t a problem. Shields are also more than adequate - I can’t remember the last time a Cyclops managed to knock them down. Ultimately, fly what you are happiest with and know best - there are plenty of ships that can solo a Cyclops.

That part about destroying panic shields is interesting , i didn't think about this , most of the time i kept flying FAOFF in range of my AX MC and just shoot them down . It is worth to try Gu87 with fixed beams

That part about destroying panic shields is interesting , i didn't think about this , most of the time i kept flying FAOFF in range of my AX MC and just shoot them down . It is worth to try Gu87 with fixed beams
    Either fixed or gimballed. Most of the benefit is that it buys you time - his shield decays by itself - but the energy weapons help too. It’s also satisfying to turn the tables and watch the Thargons swarming around the little GU-97 in a futile attempt to hit it. Their aim generally isn’t good enough - normally they only get it when they turn into kamikaze missiles.

Tried gu87 a bit , and it would be awesome when i was attempting first atacks on cyclops , now immortal fighter is not helping anymore . Now when i bought Cutter i have so much freedom on the battlefield i most likely could live without a fighter

So, after trying to solo a Cyclops three lessons were learnt:

1st: I need to improve the shields and armor/hull of my Python. I managed to destroy 3 hearts before I had to run.
    2nd: ALWAYS have an escape plan in case your canopy is breached.
    3rd: Darnielle's Progress in Maia does NOT have repair services.

NOTE: Im too poor to properly equip my Type 10!

So as i always seek ways to improve i plan on puting some prismatics on my Annie .

But now i found on Coriolis that 6A shield +7B SCB can give me more effective shield MJ . Now is it worth it ? Did anyone tried smaller shield and bigger SCB? Or not every number on COriolis is absolute and i shouldn't blindly believe that smaller shield setup might be stronger?

this is what i currently use 7c BI-weave + 2x 6B SCB

https://eddp.co/u/H2VAByJY - 9150 MJ effective

this is what i planned to use when i get prismatics 7A prism +2x 6b SCB

https://eddp.co/u/Hr147ck9 - 10660 mj , 3300 shield strenght - seems quite nice boost close to 15% i take it everyday , at least against those enemies

And this is what came into my mind 6A prism + 7B SCB+6b SCB

https://eddp.co/u/iyBx16C9 - 12000 effective , 2900 shield strenght - now that is like 30% boost compared to my current setup

To not to lie to you i plan on atacking and destroying Basilisk , but ot do that i need 110% of performance squeezed out of my Annie

And final question , did anyone tried ever triple SCB used with single heat sink? I just came up with Corvette that could get 17500 effective MJ

To not to lie to you i plan on atacking and destroying Basilisk
    I'm planning a solo kill of a Basilisk too now.

I've killed at least 10 Cyclops in a row now with my Anaconda. Shield 3550 and Armor 8651.
    I have yet to try a Basilisk in the Anaconda yet.

I just have a feeling I want the giant shields and speed of a Cutter for the Basilisk.

"Heroic,freedom loving pilots of Humanity,not only do we need to strike hard and fast against the Alien menace and root out their nests but we also need to root out the Human filth that have declared themselves traitors to all Humanity!
    Not only have they aligned themselves with the Xeno but have also declared war against the benevolent Aegis,who have given us the means to defend Humanity!"
    "Our time is at hand and all of Humanity is watching!"
    Prince Anon I of the House of Sin 22/01/3304
    #DownWithThisSortOfThing o7

Originally Posted by Cmdr Ultra View Post (Source)

I just have a feeling I want the giant shields and speed of a Cutter for the Basilisk.

Had the same idea, but all i know that 4 turrets MC was not enough to make a dent in Basilisk , first i need to learn to use all fixed MC on my Annie , still i need to wait 2 weeks until i get prismatics so plenty of time to learn . My current setup is 2 fixed+2 turrets on top

So as i always seek ways to improve i plan on puting some prismatics on my Annie .

But now i found on Coriolis that 6A shield +7B SCB can give me more effective shield MJ . Now is it worth it ? Did anyone tried smaller shield and bigger SCB? Or not every number on COriolis is absolute and i shouldn't blindly believe that smaller shield setup might be stronger?

this is what i currently use 7c BI-weave + 2x 6B SCB

https://eddp.co/u/H2VAByJY - 9150 MJ effective

this is what i planned to use when i get prismatics 7A prism +2x 6b SCB

https://eddp.co/u/Hr147ck9 - 10660 mj , 3300 shield strenght - seems quite nice boost close to 15% i take it everyday , at least against those enemies

And this is what came into my mind 6A prism + 7B SCB+6b SCB

https://eddp.co/u/iyBx16C9 - 12000 effective , 2900 shield strenght - now that is like 30% boost compared to my current setup

To not to lie to you i plan on atacking and destroying Basilisk , but ot do that i need 110% of performance squeezed out of my Annie

And final question , did anyone tried ever triple SCB used with single heat sink? I just came up with Corvette that could get 17500 effective MJ
    Not going to lie to you, i dont currently fly an anaconda but the values on eddp always seem to be fine for me.

one other thing as well. me and a wing of fellow commanders are recently attempting to take down thargoids but so far are unsuccessful, i think it is due to us only taking one on with two of us but i was wondering if u would be willing to join us temporarily to show us how its done or would consider joining a player group who at the moment are in the plaides nebula and could do with a bit of advice and someone to fill our wings ? if the second option is wanted please feel free to join our discord here and please state that it is you to me @suaphxephantzz.

https://discord.gg/aM7Cjnq

thank you

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8111213141518 ... LastLast