Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti Xeno Combat Initiative and Ship Outfit Suggestions for All

Just to be clear. It seems not everyone here know how repair limpets are working. If you fight with Thargoid in a wing, you can use repair limpet for yourself, and they will repair you as long as no one atack you. Which is not that rare in a wing fight. They key thing to know is the fact, that YOU CAN FIGHT WHILE LIMPET REPAIRING YOU. I know on my own experience that it is mostly 40% more hull integrity in terms of full available hull. You can even sometime repair someone else. Use limpet any time you see that thargoons are trying to kill someone fighter. That is a best moment for it. Even 4% that you will repair will worth it in total.

Originally Posted by Insane4un View Post (Source)
    Just to be clear. It seems not everyone here know how repair limpets are working. If you fight with Thargoid in a wing, you can use repair limpet for yourself, and they will repair you as long as no one atack you. Which is not that rare in a wing fight. They key thing to know is the fact, that YOU CAN FIGHT WHILE LIMPET REPAIRING YOU. I know on my own experience that it is mostly 40% more hull integrity in terms of full available hull. You can even sometime repair someone else. Use limpet any time you see that thargoons are trying to kill someone fighter. That is a best moment for it. Even 4% that you will repair will worth it in total.
    Sounds like I need to fit some repair limpets to my AX FGS. How do they work against corrosion?

Originally Posted by Axle Reese View Post (Source)
    Sounds like I need to fit some repair limpets to my AX FGS. How do they work against corrosion?
    They do not heal corrosion but a good repair module can overcome the corrosive damage, giving you time to fly to an station.

Actually, if you get caustic on you - you did something wrong.

Come on, it can happen no matter how careful you are. I'm not sure I'm willing to sacrifice hull reinforcement for repair limpets though. When you're fleeing for your life, reinforcement will save you, limpets will not. Though perhaps when you're equipping the ship for wing...

You guys ok with me putting this on Lave Radio next week?

C

AX Corvette build working good in current encounters. Only drawback is missile placement so count the shots:

Coriolis link

Ofc, all weapons are AX except 2 small turret MC for shield phase:
    AX: Huge: 2xMC, Large: 1xFlak Launcher, Medium: 2xML
    Small: 2xMC Normal turret for help with shields.

Core internals are all A rated with Overcharged PP, G5 DirtyDrive, G5 ChargeEnhanced Distributor. Life support\sensors untouched.
    Shield Reinforced, HRP Heavy Duty and Shield Boosters Heavy Duty.
    Xeno Scanner and Neutraliser ofc with 2xHeatSink so you can double SCB without overheating if needed.

This is a lot of weight but some normal build (just good rolls, not godrng) should give you about 340 boost with good recharge so you can do it often. No repair limpets. Corrosion Resistant rack for stuff but you can even replace that if you dont want anything and put more HRP or limpets.

Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dfire View Post (Source)
    You guys ok with me putting this on Lave Radio next week?

C
    No problem, thanks for getting the word out.

I like the original idea of supporting those Cmdrs who may not be so experienced either with Combat or the Thargoid, having been in Clans for exactly that reason in other games. but looking through the posts there probably aren’t that many newer players around. I did notice in the latest CG that while at the station people really only want to know “how many kills” you have and “why don’t you have a bigger ship” etc.

Originally Posted by Mgirdwood View Post (Source)
    I like the original idea of supporting those Cmdrs who may not be so experienced either with Combat or the Thargoid, having been in Clans for exactly that reason in other games. but looking through the posts there probably aren’t that many newer players around. I did notice in the latest CG that while at the station people really only want to know “how many kills” you have and “why don’t you have a bigger ship” etc.
    Well, that's the "pug" effect in modern MMO, people want to get things done quickly so they expect qualifications, nothing wrong with that. Guilds and clans exist to mitigate that in other MMOs, but this one doesn't have that function yet (fleet mechanics).

That being said, I personally helped a Viper pilot to experience the Cyclop hunt recently, and I'm personally saw similar behaviors from other Cmdrs on my Discord. And we are open to PC/PS4/Xbox, all platforms.

Originally Posted by Mgirdwood View Post (Source)
    I Found everyone on the discord to be eager to have any experience level and ship

Newsletter had this to show for outcome of CGs
    Looks like the Combat CG unlocks the Large AX Mulitcannon

Ok, it's time to get into the fight. Two years of trading and killing NPC's.

I read the Ship builds, joined the Discord. And am watching all 17 of the Videos.

The short of it all is What ship should I use? I have an Annaconda and a Cutter. I have the ranking and credits for any ship and buildout (3 Billion). Have some engineers opened to level 5 for FSD and Power Plants.

So commanders if credits were not a problem what ship would you use?

CMDR STRATOS D!

MEGA WARS III EMPEROR. The first MMO from the 80"s On CompuServe.

Originally Posted by CMDR Stratos View Post (Source)
    Ok, it's time to get into the fight. Two years of trading and killing NPC's.

I read the Ship builds, joined the Discord. And am watching all 17 of the Videos.

The short of it all is What ship should I use? I have an Annaconda and a Cutter. I have the ranking and credits for any ship and buildout (3 Billion). Have some engineers opened to level 5 for FSD and Power Plants.

So commanders if credits were not a problem what ship would you use?

CMDR STRATOS D!

MEGA WARS III EMPEROR. The first MMO from the 80"s On CompuServe.
    Depending on your playstyle and skill.

It sounds like you want to use large ships.

Are you willing to sacrifice maneuverability for tankiness and speed? Go with a Cutter.

Do you need good maneuverability to line up shots? Go with a Corvette.

Go down the middle? Conda.

Thanks. I knew it wasn't a simple answer. Since I am obsessive compulsive I think I'll build out all three of the big ships.

I am partial to the Cutter for it's speed. The only ship I haven't flown is the Corvette.

I have one friend I fly with but it seems the more the merrier.

I will still have 2 billion left over for insurance claims.

Been reading all the forums and watching your videos.

Now it's time for the one the job training.

Thank you for your contributions.

Do you accept donations to support the cause?It's the least I can do.

STRATOS D!

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast