Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 32353637

Thread: Anti Xeno Combat Initiative and Ship Outfit Suggestions for All

Originally Posted by Arkadi View Post (Source)
    Somwhere on you-tube there are some pilots using pack-hounds against the Thargon Swarm. I just tried it, and I think this is a myth. Seems not to work at all.
    you are correct. The ONLY effective weapon against the swarm is the remote release flak launcher.

Ok, since I am on it, I'll ask away.

I am getting the hang on nuking swarms now, but, to me it seems the Cyclops will always spawn anohter swarm after I destroyed one. Do Cyclops really have unlimited swarm spawn?

If so, the strategy is clear to just decimate the swarm and not to try to destroy it entirely. But if the Cyclops had a limit on swarms per heart, that would be great to know.

Is there a website "war-room" with a prioritized system defense objectives?

I dipped my toe in last night killing scouts in a Crusader with a Guardian trident fighter and AX weapons. It was a ton of fun, killed a bunch of scouts - but I may be defending a system that the larger community wants to let fall.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Commander Danicus View Post (Source)

I dipped my toe in last night killing scouts in a Crusader with a Guardian trident fighter and AX weapons. It was a ton of fun, killed a bunch of scouts - but I may be defending a system that the larger community wants to let fall.

Thanks!
    Where were you?

Originally Posted by Speedcuffs View Post (Source)
    Where were you?
    Dhanhopi

I am getting the hang on nuking swarms now, but, to me it seems the Cyclops will always spawn anohter swarm after I destroyed one. Do Cyclops really have unlimited swarm spawn?

If so, the strategy is clear to just decimate the swarm and not to try to destroy it entirely. But if the Cyclops had a limit on swarms per heart, that would be great to know.
    All the Interceptors essentially have One Swarm per heart...If (as you usually do with a Cyclops) you exert and destroy the first Heart BEFORE you deal with the first swarm...it will have ANOTHER Swarm "banked" so after exerting destroying the first Heart you will have One Swarm...then ANOTHER Swarm to deal with (but only one swarm per heart after)
    Usually with the bigger Interceptors you'll deal with the First Swarm BEFORE you exert/destroy the First Heart so you don't notice that extra "banked" Swarm

For cyclops -normal behavior is one swarm at the start and one after killing each heart. It "banks" one swarm if you kill a heart without killing the swarm but only 1 swarm is banked so if you kill a heart at the start you have two swarms to fight (one after another), if you kill two or 3 hearts without killing the swarm you still have two swarms to fight.

enraged behavior- If you go 7 minutes without killing a heart, the interceptor becomes "enraged" enraged= infinite swarms. The only way to "cure the enraged state is kill a heart. If you do that it goes back to normal behavior.

The 3rd possibility is a "bugged goid" excuse the pun. This happens sometimes but not often. when it does you will get a goid that is in an enraged state prior to the 7 minutes passing without a heart kill and usually killing a heart doesn't fix it. With bugged goids or enraged ones its usually best to just jump out and try another one.

edit to add: kill all the swarm. A swarm that has been partially killed can and does refill to max strength.

Originally Posted by Commander Danicus View Post (Source)

Thanks!

https://canonn.science/lab-69-xia/

metrics and data
    current targets

this will get you to the current targeted systems and give you a list of the recorded kills in that system (recorded kills using canonn's plug in)

This will likely change in 3.3 but right now- 3 systems are attacked each week. One system is what we call the "hydra system" because it is full of hydras and its very hard to find anything but threat 8 and 9. This system ALWAYS burns so defense is not currently possible but if you want to kill hydras, this is the place. the two other systems spawn scouts and interceptors with scouts depending on the threat level you choose. Threat 4 or less has no chance of an interceptor. As of the pas few weeks, only the system most defended of the two "scout systems" will survived unharmed. the other will burn. again, it seems Fdev is changing how this works in 3.3 but have given no details. They just said they will be defendable and the amount of kills required will vary system to system. Nothing on how thats calculated or if we will know that number or not.

Originally Posted by Rick Bravo View Post (Source)
    https://canonn.science/lab-69-xia/

metrics and data
    current targets

this will get you to the current targeted systems and give you a list of the recorded kills in that system (recorded kills using canonn's plug in)

This will likely change in 3.3 but right now- 3 systems are attacked each week. One system is what we call the "hydra system" because it is full of hydras and its very hard to find anything but threat 8 and 9. This system ALWAYS burns so defense is not currently possible but if you want to kill hydras, this is the place. the two other systems spawn scouts and interceptors with scouts depending on the threat level you choose. Threat 4 or less has no chance of an interceptor. As of the pas few weeks, only the system most defended of the two "scout systems" will survived unharmed. the other will burn. again, it seems Fdev is changing how this works in 3.3 but have given no details. They just said they will be defendable and the amount of kills required will vary system to system. Nothing on how thats calculated or if we will know that number or not.
    Perfect. Thank you.

Originally Posted by Rick Bravo View Post (Source)
    For cyclops -normal behavior is one swarm at the start and one after killing each heart. It "banks" one swarm if you kill a heart without killing the swarm but only 1 swarm is banked so if you kill a heart at the start you have two swarms to fight (one after another), if you kill two or 3 hearts without killing the swarm you still have two swarms to fight.

enraged behavior- If you go 7 minutes without killing a heart, the interceptor becomes "enraged" enraged= infinite swarms. The only way to "cure the enraged state is kill a heart. If you do that it goes back to normal behavior.

The 3rd possibility is a "bugged goid" excuse the pun. This happens sometimes but not often. when it does you will get a goid that is in an enraged state prior to the 7 minutes passing without a heart kill and usually killing a heart doesn't fix it. With bugged goids or enraged ones its usually best to just jump out and try another one.

edit to add: kill all the swarm. A swarm that has been partially killed can and does refill to max strength.
    So I guess what happend to me is that I left the first swarm for later, then tried to finish the first and the second swarm, took too much time and got my cylops enraged. Thank you for clearing things up!

Hi Cmdrs,
    you can count me in. I will join the war when the patch is released and the thargoids get relly salty. until now i just outfitted one of my Anacondas for the new chapter...ok, i think i just found a corresponding paintjob that does fit with this obsoletely green slime they‘ll spit on me.
    Pimped the shields to 4000+ the hull to 6000+ and got the guardian stuff....but i am still concerned about the bloody paintjob...

welcome to the fight. There are plenty of resources at AXI to help you once you start.

Maybe I am dumb? I can't seem to find any ship fittings on Cannon or Inara... Anyway how do these look?
    https://s.orbis.zone/1501 - Corvette for the bigger guys
    https://s.orbis.zone/1502 - FDL to learn how the game is played I already have both ships fully engineered just need the Guardian tech items...

Originally Posted by nakinto View Post (Source)
    Maybe I am dumb? I can't seem to find any ship fittings on Cannon or Inara... Anyway how do these look?
    https://s.orbis.zone/1501 - Corvette for the bigger guys
    https://s.orbis.zone/1502 - FDL to learn how the game is played I already have both ships fully engineered just need the Guardian tech items...
    You have to unlock them at a Guardian tech Broker.
    Unlocking will require various items from Guardian sites.
    I would recommend nipping in to Ray Gateway in Diaguandri and check out the tech broker there.

Try this

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...NYFy59i4M/edit

This flight manual has builds and step by step instructions on how to fight interceptors.

More assistance is available at the AXI discord https://discord.gg/gZbAWCF

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 32353637