Thread: Shouldn't ramming have consequences ?

Shouldn't ramming have consequences ?

You can ram a wanted NPC to death and it'll let himself die without fighting back, never, ever.

You can ram a Cmdr with your shield/hull tank till his shield is down without receiving even a stupstantial fine. His fellow ganking friend can finish you off.

C&P is in question because crimes is easily to do and consequences are very low.

Shouldn't ramming have consequences too ?

True, I used this method to kill an NPC once. I had a kill mission but I kept having to run away for repairs. Instead of trying again I rammed him to death without a fight while his two wing mates watched. But as soon as he died, I got a murder bounty and his wing decided now was a good time to start attacking me.

I felt like this was a clever solution at the time but it is certainly an AI exploit that should be closed.

It has consequences already : it inflicts damage to your own ship.

If a CMDR has the same stupidity level as the AI it is not others fault.

When will you finally acknowledge ganking is part of the game ?

Originally Posted by coca_fr View Post (Source)
    You can ram a wanted NPC to death and it'll let himself die without fighting back, never, ever.

You can ram a Cmdr with your shield/hull tank till his shield is down without receiving even a stupstantial fine. His fellow ganking friend can finish you off.

C&P is in question because crimes is easily to do and consequences are very low.

Shouldn't ramming have consequences too ?
    other than the usual suspects, i doubt many would argue with you.

however, in F1 with experts and unlimited replays, you get heated debate at who is at fault in a collision..... therefore what chance does an AI have of working out who is at fault? (esp when players will make it their mission to work out how to "beat" it.

hopefully the karma system will help. involved in 1 or 2 crashes, then you will get the benefit of the doubt..... involved in 5 however in a 20 hr game time period it is fair to say you are either inept or criminal, either way deserving of a fine and punishment.

that is imo the best chance we have

Long months back I killed NPC ships by ramming and there was nothing at all even said about it. I don't even remember that it was counted as a kill?

Personally, I still like the idea that to inflict ramming damage when either ship has shields, should require the use of a "weapon" module that is functional when hardpoints are deployed. This weaponizes the ramming damage, and puts it in the same category as firing a laser at the other ship. The damage dealing intent of the ram is thus revealed, and duly handled by the legal system.