Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: AX Fighter Changes Notification

  1. #31
    Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    I would prefer to hear that from those who are concerned.
    You asked me to correct you, so I explained you a reason behind my post. You may return to it and make your own opinion on my logic. Personally, I think it is not worth a discussion.

  2. #32
    Originally Posted by Starshoy View Post (Source)
    You asked me to correct you, so I explained you a reason behind my post. You may return to it and make your own opinion on my logic. Personally, I think it is not worth a discussion.
    No, I asked Insane4un and oscarolim to correct me. I don't know why you should speak for them.

  3. #33
    Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    No, I asked Insane4un and oscarolim to correct me. I don't know why you should speak for them.
    Then why you quoted my post about classic logic fallacy?

  4. #34
    Originally Posted by babelfisch View Post (Source)
    No, I asked Insane4un and oscarolim to correct me. I don't know why you should speak for them.
    Best ignore it Babelfisch. Your original point was perfectly spot-on, its not worth dragging this into a 10-page 1v1.

    Anyway, thanks for clearing it up Ed. So far the 100% seperation between anti-thargoid and anti-human seems... excessive, would rather have seen something less drastic. But as I have no idea what FD has planned, lets see what happens.

  5. #35
    Originally Posted by sleutelbos View Post (Source)
    Anyway, thanks for clearing it up Ed. So far the 100% seperation between anti-thargoid and anti-human seems... excessive, would rather have seen something less drastic. But as I have no idea what FD has planned, lets see what happens.
    Maybe the teased weapons we unlock through more personal means will get to be decent across the board.

  6. #36
    Originally Posted by YinYin View Post (Source)
    Maybe the teased weapons we unlock through more personal means will get to be decent across the board.
    That would be very good because while most obvious and easily correctable problem with Thargoids is accessibility, the more fundamental one is that there is no Thargoid gameplay. There is some story and some beautiful assets, but they remain tourist attractions, no mater can you kill Thargoids or not. I have reasons to mine painite or look for arsenic, but why would I do anything with Thargoids in game terms?

    With all that, fighter should not be nerfed, not in AX power, nor in AH of course and more universal weapons should be introduced. Thargoids adapting humans yet again is just making whole Thargoid affair looking like intentionally non-interactive (for now) sideshow. If this is the master plan, it works.

  7. #37
    Originally Posted by Valorin View Post (Source)
    I don't even understand what's the deal here... I mean, if it would have been released the way it was intended you wouldn't even know about it, and it's made for Thargoid fighting which will be as effective as before. They adjust effectiveness against human ships. This is also in tune with the rest of the experimental weapons. Choose if you want to fight Thargoids or humans and outfit your ship accordingly.

    I also try to think about that availability thing game world wise, not developer wise. It's experimental, there's only a limited number produced yet, so it's not available everywhere asap but only at the premium ports. No big deal here either if it's available somewhere else a bit later.
    Bingo. AX not being effective against human ships is consistent with how they've implemented the rest of AX weaponry.

    I'm personally not a huge fan of the fact that AX weapons are *only* useful against aliens and regular weapons are *only* useful against humans. I would have preferred a bit more overlap so you don't have to use super-specialized loadouts to fight 'Goids, and and if you have to fight humans while specialized for Tharg-hunting you wouldn't be so completely declawed. But that's another discussion.

  8. #38
    ok...where can we buy the AX Fighter? Lol read the posts not seeing it? Thanks

  9. #39
    I'm in absolute awe of this thread.

    words fail me.

  10. #40
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    ...
    In the coming weeks there will be a stability update in which we plan to fix this bug, significantly decreasing the fighter’s effectiveness against human and NPC pilots, we will also ensure that its limited availability is improved.

    We don't believe this will affect players in a drastic way, but wanted to make sure we let you know ASAP.
    Originally Posted by CMDR Ashstar View Post (Source)
    ok...where can we buy the AX Fighter? Lol read the posts not seeing it? Thanks
    what he said.
    the thing is - neither the GalNet article, nor any other source EVER told where it is SUPPOSED to be offered.

  11. #41
    Hadn't even noticed these were available. Guess it shouldn't surprise me, since all of this stuff was left out of the Beta it stands to reason it would be buggier than a spider turd.

    I can't help but to suspect this sort of issue has to do with how the damage data is entered/processed.

    If that data is entered, let's say, as a basic value - we'll use "20" as an example, then said weapon would do a base "20" damage.
    I suspect there is no "If Target is:" selection to allow that base to be modified, so you could have DMG: 20 If Target is: Thargoid +20 to increase the damage against a specific kind of target, but I'm only guessing here, as I have no idea what that side of the engine looks like.

  12. #42
    Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Hadn't even noticed these were available. Guess it shouldn't surprise me, since all of this stuff was left out of the Beta it stands to reason it would be buggier than a spider turd.

    I can't help but to suspect this sort of issue has to do with how the damage data is entered/processed.

    If that data is entered, let's say, as a basic value - we'll use "20" as an example, then said weapon would do a base "20" damage.
    I suspect there is no "If Target is:" selection to allow that base to be modified, so you could have DMG: 20 If Target is: Thargoid +20 to increase the damage against a specific kind of target, but I'm only guessing here, as I have no idea what that side of the engine looks like.
    I thought there is an anti-xeno damage type and the new fighter was simply missing it.

  13. #43
    Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Hadn't even noticed these were available. Guess it shouldn't surprise me, since all of this stuff was left out of the Beta it stands to reason it would be buggier than a spider turd.

    I can't help but to suspect this sort of issue has to do with how the damage data is entered/processed.

    If that data is entered, let's say, as a basic value - we'll use "20" as an example, then said weapon would do a base "20" damage.
    I suspect there is no "If Target is:" selection to allow that base to be modified, so you could have DMG: 20 If Target is: Thargoid +20 to increase the damage against a specific kind of target, but I'm only guessing here, as I have no idea what that side of the engine looks like.
    there is a damage type "anti-xeno", and they probably forgot to reduce the kinetic part of it.

  14. #44
    Originally Posted by Starshoy View Post (Source)
    I am correcting you because you are wrong.

    a) Insane4un did not even touch this topic (which is perfectly valid, but beside the point), at least not in part under question. He wrote that he tried it and new fighter is useful, not overpowered - in general. He also mentioned that it does not have utility. I would qualify this as an expert opinion on facts of the game.
    b) oscarolim did not say anything about FDEV design idea, he attacked Insane4un without even understanding him. He obviously mixed not having utility with not having use. I would not qualify this in any way, but wrote that defending FD with false argument is not very helpful.
    Erm..

    Originally Posted by Insane4un View Post (Source)
    Did you even tested this AX-1 Fighter? Cause i did.. It is not OP in any way. And don't need any fix. It is a fighter that don't have even utility..
    Something that doesn't have 'utility' is something useless. So if is useless, why complain (my original comment).

    Now, maybe there's some language barrier in what Insane4un is trying to write. If so, maybe he can explain what he means by "don't have even utility". But I assume he means that it's useless.

    And yes, Starshoy is right: if the ship is not behaving as it was originally designed, is not really a nerf, now is it? If your boss adds a 0 to your paycheck (to be clear, multiplying your income by 10), and then asks for 9/10 back, is not a pay cut, is it? Is fixing to it's original intent.

  15. #45
    Originally Posted by oscarolim View Post (Source)
    Something that doesn't have 'utility' is something useless. So if is useless, why complain (my original comment).

    Now, maybe there's some language barrier in what Insane4un is trying to write. If so, maybe he can explain what he means by "don't have even utility". But I assume he means that it's useless.

    And yes, Starshoy is right: if the ship is not behaving as it was originally designed, is not really a nerf, now is it? If your boss adds a 0 to your paycheck (to be clear, multiplying your income by 10), and then asks for 9/10 back, is not a pay cut, is it? Is fixing to it's original intent.
    I think he means utility slot? (I originally assumed he meant utility/usefulness too).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast