Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 90

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: AX Fighter Changes Notification

  1. #61
    Heh, called it as well. It's been pretty obvious that AX weapons are supposed to be useful only against thargoids, not human ships. The AX fighter was an anomaly. Glad I decided to wait a few days before giving it a try, it sounds like it was quite the amazing little ship.

  2. #62
    The rumors were true, good job I found you first.

  3. #63
    Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)
    Bingo. AX not being effective against human ships is consistent with how they've implemented the rest of AX weaponry.

    I'm personally not a huge fan of the fact that AX weapons are *only* useful against aliens and regular weapons are *only* useful against humans. I would have preferred a bit more overlap so you don't have to use super-specialized loadouts to fight 'Goids, and and if you have to fight humans while specialized for Tharg-hunting you wouldn't be so completely declawed. But that's another discussion.
    Exactly what I was thinking! Pirates will always try to steal your thargoid hearts. I think! Maybe! Wont they?
    Rep ++

    edit: Seems strange to think a .50 cal slug can hurt a thargoid, but bounce straight off my ol' Tshirt!

  4. #64
    So nerf the fighter = thargoids adapted. Got it!

    Less of a bug, more of an oversight.

    In the same way that the missile damage was an oversight followed by a nerf... er, I mean thargoids adapting, and the fact that thargoids happily followed players in straight line while they were flying backwards pummeling them with missiles.

  5. #65
    Originally Posted by andrak View Post (Source)
    So nerf the fighter = thargoids adapted. Got it!

    Less of a bug, more of an oversight.

    In the same way that the missile damage was an oversight followed by a nerf... er, I mean thargoids adapting, and the fact that thargoids happily followed players in straight line while they were flying backwards pummeling them with missiles.
    thargoids are still pretty dumb
    like when you have cargo they want:
    first they scan you, then they give a honk as a warning
    then they attack.

    the thing they never do in that situation, when you just turn around and high-wake out: using their EMP

    just by logic, i would expect thargoids to use the EMP when you try to run away from the initial scan -
    and a second time when you run away after their scan has revealed thargoid items in your cargo.

  6. #66
    It may well be that the AX fighter is OP against NPCs and CMDRs, but it is just as useless against a Thargoid (threat 5) as the rest of the fighters are in a CZ. Engaged a Thargoid, first fighter was down in 30 secs, the second was consigned to the void in 17 secs by the Thargoid. And my NPC pilot is Elite. I'm not impressed by this fighter.

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by MacrosTheBlack View Post (Source)
    It may well be that the AX fighter is OP against NPCs and CMDRs, but it is just as useless against a Thargoid (threat 5) as the rest of the fighters are in a CZ. Engaged a Thargoid, first fighter was down in 30 secs, the second was consigned to the void in 17 secs by the Thargoid. And my NPC pilot is Elite. I'm not impressed by this fighter.
    how does your SLF pilot pull so much aggro that he becomes the primary target so fast?

    my SLF pilot is NOT elite and survives half an hour in combat zones, sometimes even when i don't micromanage him (maybe because is set a long range turret to fire at will together with the SLF)

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by Bunkerkind Anni View Post (Source)
    but it's OP'nes was no problem in PvE, aka vs. NPC.
    they nerf it, because its OP in PvP.

    55 DPS kinetic damage is like 30% more then the Condor, and 35% more then a G5 Overcharged C4 Multicannon ->

    especially when the current PvP meta seems to be focused around Thermal resists,
    and the fighter was never meant to be effective against human ships to begin with.


    maybe the error with FDEV is, that the outfitting interface tells us (and obviously to their internal QA tester) only a fraction of the story.
    SLF damage is given as pure DPS - no damage type displayed

    other weapons damage is always just a number and the most prominent damage type
    eg. Plasma Accelerator is listed as "Absolute" but it in reality it does 60% absolute, 15% thermal and 15% kinetic
    or Railguns are listed as "thermal" or "kinetic", but in reality they do 50% thermal and 50% kinetic damage
    How the hell the worst fighter choise for PvP (Taipan) can be better than Condor? ?

    The top 1 fighter for PvP is GU 97. Now this one is really OP. Really.

    Nerf pls?

  9. #69
    Originally Posted by GluttonyFang View Post (Source)
    Called it.
    I think we all did TBH.

    As soon as you saw how much damage the fighter did against human ships, you kind of knew it felt wrong.

  10. #70
    Originally Posted by MacrosTheBlack View Post (Source)
    It may well be that the AX fighter is OP against NPCs and CMDRs, but it is just as useless against a Thargoid (threat 5) as the rest of the fighters are in a CZ. Engaged a Thargoid, first fighter was down in 30 secs, the second was consigned to the void in 17 secs by the Thargoid. And my NPC pilot is Elite. I'm not impressed by this fighter.
    Aren't the fighter's best deployed against a thargon swarm?

  11. #71
    Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dfire View Post (Source)
    Aren't the fighter's best deployed against a thargon swarm?
    They are good for distracting the swarm(think of them as mobile chaff) , if you need practice with the flak cannon. With the Basilisk or a lively Cyclops they just get shredded. So their best use is to supplement the damage of your AX weapons, and it's probably better to think of them as a 5th AX weapon

    The overpowered AX fighters are super fun to fly against human ships(+1 to dakka dakka) but I think we all knew they were going to be changed(boo hiss)

  12. #72
    The fighters were exposed to the full fury of the Thargoid. I ignored the swarm, trying to complete a scan on the Thargoid, but it turned red before I could complete it. Must have been the Sensor Fragmetns I had on board, funny thing is the Thargoid did not seem to scan me before it went berserk.

  13. #73
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

    Just a quick update for you about the recently released AX Fighter.

    Yesterday we released the AX fighter, a new experimental weapon that is meant to be used against the Thargoids.
    Unfortunately we have identified a bug with the AX fighter's statistics that makes it effective against human targets as well as Thargoids.
    The released AX fighters is currently comparable with the top end fighters in combat against humans and NPCs.
    In the coming weeks there will be a stability update in which we plan to fix this bug, significantly decreasing the fighter’s effectiveness against human and NPC pilots, we will also ensure that its limited availability is improved.

    We don't believe this will affect players in a drastic way, but wanted to make sure we let you know ASAP.

    Thanks!

    Ed
    Can you please please please just let the thing be as effective as the Condor's MCs against non-alien targets? I really want an MC Taipan.

    Alternatively, you could make the described changes to the AX Taipan, but ALSO just add in a regular MC version.

  14. #74
    when can we actually expect this to be FIXED ? especially the seeding, including galnet article that tells WHERE to get them.

    Originally Posted by Frenotx View Post (Source)
    Can you please please please just let the thing be as effective as the Condor's MCs against non-alien targets? I really want an MC Taipan.
    can i please please please get an AX Missile version of the condor then?

  15. #75
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Greetings Commanders,

    Just a quick update for you about the recently released AX Fighter.

    Yesterday we released the AX fighter, a new experimental weapon that is meant to be used against the Thargoids.
    Unfortunately we have identified a bug with the AX fighter's statistics that makes it effective against human targets as well as Thargoids.
    The released AX fighters is currently comparable with the top end fighters in combat against humans and NPCs.
    In the coming weeks there will be a stability update in which we plan to fix this bug, significantly decreasing the fighter’s effectiveness against human and NPC pilots, we will also ensure that its limited availability is improved.

    We don't believe this will affect players in a drastic way, but wanted to make sure we let you know ASAP.

    Thanks!

    Ed
    Ed this is a mistake. The AX fighter is currently already a downgrade from the top end fighters. And particularly useless vs other small ships and fighters, with no utility mount defense. If you make it useless vs human ships, then slotting it will leave SLF mounted ships with AX weapons with virtually no offensive-defense capabilities vs human NPCs and human gankers, to an even greater degree than they already are.

    The AX1 fighter is already well balanced as a glass "cannon". It does roughly same damage vs NPCs, has poor agility making it harder aim its slow velocity kinetics, is a sitting duck in PVP, and no defense vs NPC making them die much more quickly in CZs etc.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast