Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9121314

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Frontier's 24 Hour Charity Livestream 2017

Originally Posted by Alex Brentnall View Post (Source)
    Also a note for next time, if you start at say 6 or 7pm and run for the 24hrs it'll be easier on you guys as by the time you get home it's bed time and you don't have the dilemma of to nap or not to nap.
    If you start and finish at 18:00 GMT then most of Europe will be able to stay tuned for almost the whole last 8-10 hours which might improve the donations. Obviously this won't work for the Americas, so on balance might not be worth it.

800 and 1000 GBP?! I assume they were winning bids for some of the auction items - makes me think it's pointless bidding

Originally Posted by madbilly View Post (Source)
    I also wondered this. I assume the SE paintjob is still just for the sidey. Is it the same as last year or a new one?
    Pretty sure as per last year - but it is a code so, maybe you could gift it or use it on another account

From first post:
    For the Elite Dangerous players, you can also receive the SpecialEffect paintjob, in case you missed out on it last year, for every £6 you donate to our
    Just Giving page
    (Terms and Conditions apply, please see the bottom of this post for details!)

Originally Posted by Extatasoma View Post (Source)
    Pretty sure as per last year - but it is a code so, maybe you could gift it or use it on another account

From first post:
    For the Elite Dangerous players, you can also receive the SpecialEffect paintjob, in case you missed out on it last year, for every £6 you donate to our
    Just Giving page
    (Terms and Conditions apply, please see the bottom of this post for details!)
    Well inferred, I hadn't got that, thanks

Originally Posted by madbilly View Post (Source)
    If you start and finish at 18:00 GMT then most of Europe will be able to stay tuned for almost the whole last 8-10 hours which might improve the donations. Obviously this won't work for the Americas, so on balance might not be worth it.

800 and 1000 GBP?! I assume they were winning bids for some of the auction items - makes me think it's pointless bidding
    I thought both were just random donations, they only came in mid-stream... Although with blind auction we've no way of knowing. Ah well, it's all good for the charity anyway

24hrs in theory doesn't matter when the start/finish time is as it's exactly one day
    That having been said a later start would mean everyone would be at least awake for the start and end. GMT 6pm = noon in Chicago and 8am in Honolulu which is why I suggested around that time. Ah well, I suppose it also depends on Eds guests and everything and who can make what times and how it all works, not as simple as it first looks

Wait, when is the charity livestream?

Originally Posted by EmilyJones View Post (Source)
    Wait, when is the charity livestream?
    It *was* Monday into Tuesday, sorry, think you missed it

You can still rewatch it via the Twitch link (broken into 3 or 4 segments), and I believe they said they would upload it to YouTube at some point. Last time I checked the donation page was still available as well.

I only watched the last 8 hours or so live, but saw the rest over the last couple of days. Some very funny bits and a lot of good stuff in the milestone reveals/behind the scenes, and the SE videos really show what a difference this charity makes - glad to have contributed towards their work.

Out of interest... What happens with the paint job for anyone who donated?

Originally Posted by NeilF View Post (Source)
    Out of interest... What happens with the paint job for anyone who donated?

I was wondering the same thing myself. If we did Not check the box for Frontier to contact us will we still get the paint job?

Great live stream, fantastic charity. Well done all the way around.

Wow, I just checked this thread to see if there was any info on the paint jobs!

Hopefully I didn't miss something.

Originally Posted by CMDR ANCALAGON View Post (Source)
    Wow, I just checked this thread to see if there was any info on the paint jobs!

Hopefully I didn't miss something.
    Details were discussed in the livestream. You'll be credited with the PJ if your email you used to donate matches your Elite account. If you used a different one, you'll be contacted. Be patient. Lots of folks donated and it will take time to do everyone.

I watched a little more than half of the stream, it keeps getting better and better and I'm quite sad I'll have to wait 1 year for the next iteration. I associate many things to December and this stream is now part of it!

Originally Posted by shadragon View Post (Source)
    Details were discussed in the livestream. You'll be credited with the PJ if your email you used to donate matches your Elite account. If you used a different one, you'll be contacted. Be patient. Lots of folks donated and it will take time to do everyone.
    Yep, not complaining one bit. I wasn't able to actually watch the live stream, so was not aware of any of the details.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9121314