Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 01 - cleonymus - Docking request

1 11.11%
  • 02 - JetsonRING - From the "Captain Obvious" files:

4 44.44%
  • 03 - phong - Don't worry Kow,it's just scrapings from the bottom

1 11.11%
  • 04 - Galactic Midden - To reach too high. Too far. Too soon.

1 11.11%
  • 05 - RoyalHankey - Armageddon on Moon Base Alpha

1 11.11%
  • 06 - Listeri69 - The Klankers : A story of pain, hardship and

6 66.67%
  • 07 - Polygonal Spaceship - Dancing in the Moonlight

3 33.33%
  • 08 - Alien - Desperately Trying Not To Hit Moon

2 22.22%
  • 09 - Cmdr Pseudonym - Stuck on you....

1 11.11%
  • 10 - Frank - Only Fools

4 44.44%
  • 11 - insanephoton - Everything changes

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Drabble Short Story Contest #227: Moon

Drabble Short Story Contest #227: Moon

This is a Drabble contest. Please vote for your favourite Drabble. insanephoton won the glory last week. Congratulations

His choice was "Moon"

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and "comedy" hour at 7pm BST, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. Everyone is welcome to vote.
    And a plea to all of the contestants, Don't vote for yourself.
    Anyone caught voting for themselves will be mooned

01 - cleonymus - Docking request

Chesty returned to base after an arduous assignment. Disposing of some commanders with her big guns.

She was eager for some R and R but was professional enough to take care of business first.

She made her way to station services to refuel and re-arm, then visited the mission boards to collect her bounties.

Then she sashayed back along the corridors to her ship, and was surprised by the discovery of an old fashioned envelope inside the airlock.

It contained a photo of her boyfriends gluteus maximus, with the message. "Tonight you dock on the far side of this moon."

02 - JetsonRING - From the "Captain Obvious" files:

System Security force is a boring job, they get their kicks where they can.

CMDR Zoloft eased his ship out through the mail-slot and accelerated toward the edge of the no-fire zone,
    barely noticing the Security Force ship moving quickly in his direction.

When he finally realized what was happening the Security Force ship was right on top of him,
    he could actually see the Security Force pilot inside smiling wickedly at him through the canopy glass
    as her co-pilot pressed his hairy, naked buttocks up against the window.

Zoloft laughed. No doubt about it, the moon was full tonight.

03 - phong - Don't worry Kow,it's just scrapings from the bottom of the gibberish barrel.

Moon
    hey diddle diddle
    Kow had a fiddle
    Simoof had a drum and some crisps
    Alien laughed to see little dogs fart
    And Hankey came home with a rare.
    They dined on board the big ship with their hoard of stuff that they'd salvaged from space
    And Middden looked glum cos he'd not seen his bum for a week,not even from space.
    Then Frank gives some rings to Edith who sings from the turret in deep baritone,
    And when they land,they party on sand,and Winnard gives Kiprat a bone,a bone,
    Mr Winnard gives Kiprat a bone.
    It's a really big bone.

04 - Galactic Midden - To reach too high. Too far. Too soon.

Sweat formed on Maria's brow. "I see Moon, I feel Moon, I embrace Moon" she said hesitantly.

Across the court 8 Moon Mothers sat judgement. She needed them to agree she was a believer, as a generous membership award would buy her an Asp. Her secret dream, become Elite Explorer, was so close.

"Go on" the Chief Mooner prompted.

"Moon is our mother, flat and forever".

"Good child, now what do you seek? Speak straight the truth and flat of heart".

"I want to see the whole of the moon" Maria winced at her own words. Another grant application rejected.

05 - RoyalHankey - Armageddon on Moon Base Alpha

The clouds reminded me of a guppy that day - what a day for Armageddon.

I panicked, my fear reflected in the eyes of Mother and Sis.

But then we saw it - a grand Bird. Mummy smiled. Magic ducks, a giant ugly and a simple wall - the Bird seemed like the answer to our prayers.

Sis looked at the moon base map. Mummy, skipping begrudgingly, conveyed similar sentiments.

A sense of deep anticipation ran through my legs, smiling brilliantly.

Mother admired the Bird's stripy arm, breath held tight.

Crash!

06 - Listeri69 - The Klankers : A story of pain, hardship and ultimately death..

Finally the rains had come and with it the nutrient that made everything grow.
    The hot and humid conditions ripe for growth. The light wasn't the best but there was enough direct sunlight to harvest.
    It was the moon quakes that threatened the colony the most.
    their regularity was such that you could set your clock by them.
    the last few had been so ferocious that colonists in the area known as the crack were all presumed dead.
    the remnants of the last explosion were there for all to see. streaking across the sky.

From a Microcolony: Simoofs pants 3303

07 - Polygonal Spaceship - Dancing in the Moonlight

Grace eyed the synthetic whiskey suspiciously, and set it down, where it was appropriated by her flight engineer. "And?"

Iain 'the Scunner' Campbell emptied his glass, idly rolled it between his fingers. "Well, th' baw-heid was glintin' somethin' awful, flyin' low against th' dark regolith. Ah opened comms and said, son, let me gie ye some advice. Only a numpty goes around shootin' up defenceless mining outposts in a stock Sidewinder, but it takes a real prize bampot tae do it wi' a freshly chrome-painted hull, under a hunter's moon. Then mah cannons turned his flyin' glitterball intae a colander."

08 - Alien - Desperately Trying Not To Hit Moon

There once was a girl named Stacey
    Who flew a ship built by Falcon DeLacy
    Brookie said "Soon™"
    And she flew into a moon
    She got Roger a little too racey

Kow's Type Nine spun through the slot
    He was giving it all that he got
    his confusion was double
    his ship was in trouble
    "moon" doesn't rhyme with a lot

So this limerick's the worst
    now I'm reaching for the wurst
    the groans and puns are being shunned
    this drabble is obviously number one
    but this extra line is not to be sung
    I think my moon drabble's cursed

09 - Cmdr Pseudonym - Stuck on you....

Cmdr Skiprat gazed at the full anus moon, an event that happened once a year on dongkum.
    he was going out partying tonight and had his extra wide arseless chaps on to celebrate
    It was tradition on anus moon night to stick your anus out of as many windows as possible
    Skiprat was wary, he'd heard rumours of citizens being forced to perform the spastic eagle.
    in order to ward off unwanted eagalating he decided to cover his body in glue.
    It worked for a while until dongkum discovered a new position
    one they liked to call the sticky back...

10 - Frank - Only Fools

Rodney opened the train window and looked out. "That's a stunning view."

Del Boy snapped back "Why are you talking in that funny accent?"

"It's Welsh, innit? We've just passed Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch."

Del shot his moon-faced brother a baleful look "You plonker! What are you?"

Rodney mumbled half heartedly "I'm a plonker"

"Louder!"

"I'M A PLONKER!"

...after a small pause Frank entered the story and asked the Drabble audience "Does anyone here know how to edit Twitch streams? We've just caught Psykokow calling himself a 'plonker', and I think there must be some way to isolate that bit for later use."

11 - insanephoton - Everything changes

There are countless moons in the galaxy. Even the Sol system has well over a hundred bodies that might be called moons. Despite this there is only one Moon.
    It's where humanity made it's first faltering steps away from home. Today visiting the Moon isn't a bold adventure, it's a day excursion for cruise liners. The original landing site is now preserved as a museum exhibit. I wonder what Buzz and Neil would make of it if they could see it now. Thirteen centuries ago it was desolate wilderness and now it's a busy tourist trap for the idle rich.

well done Listeri69 for a convincing win with another funny drabble.

Well done Mr Winnard.