Thread: Warframe - still playing it. :)

Warframe - still playing it. :)

Its one of those "Oh another Free To Play game?"

I tried this game way back when, when I first jumped on the PS4 bandwagon all those years ago. It was dreadful, I played it once, thought what the hell is this garbage and promptly uninstalled it. Much like the reviewer here:

I saw this being discussed on the ElitePS discord yesterday and someone linked this review which I watched and I thought "Why not? Its worth a second look".

So I set about downloading it while I was playing Elite (Having issues plotting routes to Beagle Point for some reason last night, no idea why, worked the night before). Anyway, playing Elite seemed to kill the download speed so I quit that and watched this instead, which is a short beginners guide on PS4/PC:

I have not quite decided yet if I like the game or not. I played for a few hours, got upto mastery rank 1 and unlocked a couple of weapons. As a shooter its clearly not the best gun play out there for sure (I was actually using the stealthy ninja build from the guide) and the graphics are not the best, but it had something which kept me playing for that short time.

The modding system and shear number of weapons and such available is kinda making me want to play it more and unlock more. So far I have not paid a penny. I am planning to see how long I can play before I get bored or think. No I really need to pay money.

At the moment I have zero friends there but it seems at some stage co-op is going to be needed.. So far I have just played on my own

Anyone else played or playing?

I play, but on PC, got into it about a year ago, got stuck unlocking the gate from Pluto to Sedna, but came a about a month ago had another go at it and whoooosh, then some quests unlocked and ive not been playing anything esle for sometime.

The war within is worthy just by its self, but did three others for various frames Inaros now being my go to frame, its a good quest too, also got Miriage and Titania from quests both fun frames and good quests.

Now they have defence missions on the the void relics, makes unlocking prime parts a hell of lot easier. I have a clan dojo so I have made a lot of my own frames and weapons, and not really done that much in the new zone yet, working on the last mats for my landing craft to deploy my Archwing so I dont have to run about so much.

Over all I think ive spent about ten pounds on plat, that was to get some more slots, all the rest I work for in game. So yeah I would have to say for me its one of the best F2P games in terms of what you get for nothing out there.

Yeh, I think I got some platinum with the game when it was first out on PS+ or something as I had 250 when I logged in. What is it best to spend that on, you say "slots" which slots do you mean? Slots for mods I vaguely remember something about slots to allow you to store more weapons and frames? Where do I find them?

I am pretty much a n00b, not even finished the first quest line yet and hardly unlocked anything.

Slots im refering to slots for gear, weapons, warframes, pets etc. Rather than confuse you anymore I found these beginers guides very helpfull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66o15IJVLsg

reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/

Wiki.
    http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

another helpfull site for stuff..
    https://wf.xuerian.net/#wishlist

The thing with weapons is never sell them untill you hit 30 with it as once its ranked 30 it means you have masterd it and that goes towards you mastery rank, but if you sell it before it hits 30 your lose what you had done on it, if that makes sense, ie even if you hate it run defence missions in public just to rank it.

Your going to be in your first frame for some time (I chose Volt) so the one thing I would say buy is a Orokin Reactor as it doubles your slots, when your in the warframe fitting screen its found in the upgardes, costs about 20 plat, but they do drop in game via alerts or as mission rewards.

Im still learning all the time and have found youtube and the wika to be a great help, Id say stick with it though for me I got stuck on lv10 mastery and on Luna and pluto (that is later game play) but once I came back things were better, now mastery lv14 and unlocked all off the planets (not all of the zones on them tho) and there is still so much to do.

Oh and once you get to Venus the boss there will drop the parts you need for the Rhino frame and then things become better as that thing is Hulk Smash...shame your on PS as I could have helped you more in game with gear and mods.

Not sure what the clans are like on PS, might be worth checking the PS side of things on the games forums, Im very much a one man show when it comes to that.

I took a real long break after ages playing Warframe at Christmas and its still great. Been playing Bounties on the plains. Really good fun!

I've played it quite a bit, but not recently.

I have several frames and weapons maxxed but I haven't played much since well before the quest system went in.

I do occasionally drop in, get in one of my maxxed frames and blow through a low level mission just for giggles but serious playing? No, not in a while.

I just started playing this last night.

So far I'm still in the introduction missions/quests to unlock the game proper.

My first impressions are that it looks really good, runs very smoothly and the basic weapon load-out I chose is satisfying to use and effective.

So far I'm impressed but I have play it again some and unlock the game proper.

Originally Posted by Manticore View Post (Source)
    I just started playing this last night.

So far I'm still in the introduction missions/quests to unlock the game proper.

My first impressions are that it looks really good, runs very smoothly and the basic weapon load-out I chose is satisfying to use and effective.

So far I'm impressed but I have play it again some and unlock the game proper.
    I have just done the latest Sacrifice story missions and it was great, with a brand new warframe. I dread to think how many hours I have sunk into this game, but if anyone from the Elite world does pick it up give me a shout if you need a hand on anything. Still a great game and shows what a dedicated small developer can achieve.

I recently got 100% of the trophies too, and then a new one was added for Sacrifice (take note FDev, trophies at updates!)

I had the game installed for quite a while around the PS4 launch and though i barely played it, i remember in particular that it had more patches than any other game i'd seen, with most of them adding content to it - it's likely a much different game than you played back then.

Anyway since it's free and still available to download, all it'll cost you is time and harddrive space to check out again .
    Edit - I see you already reinstalled it, well the rest of this is true of any other game you own, which is still available to play and download/reinstall, which may have changed quite a lot since you last played it.

(Indeed there are so many games i must reinstall to check on their current status, including many of the systems' free to play games, in particular War Thunder, which was still in its' extended open beta period when i last played it.
    Similarly while i've kept it installed all this time, i haven't actually played Star Trek Online in a year or two, but it's had plenty patches and content added since then .

While some games then like Rocket League, i've had installed twice or more times and i still have them pencilled in for reinstallation at some point .)

I'm enjoying this game immensely still. It's all combat and does get the blood running!

I'm having trouble getting the Ceres/Jupiter Junction open so I've just nabbed an Excalibur warframe and am busy ranking it up before I try the Junction again.

Multiplayer, particularly defense maps, is total chaos.... groovy!

Originally Posted by Manticore View Post (Source)
    I'm enjoying this game immensely still. It's all combat and does get the blood running!

I'm having trouble getting the Ceres/Jupiter Junction open so I've just nabbed an Excalibur warframe and am busy ranking it up before I try the Junction again.

Multiplayer, particularly defense maps, is total chaos.... groovy!
    If you need a hand on anything and our TZs collide feel free to add me stormyuk (just explain who you are in the invite) while I am still not at the pinnacle of Warframe I have some nice frames and damage output now. Still loving this game, agree with you on defence, survival is like that too, mass slaughter.

Originally Posted by stormyuk View Post (Source)
    If you need a hand on anything and our TZs collide feel free to add me stormyuk (just explain who you are in the invite) while I am still not at the pinnacle of Warframe I have some nice frames and damage output now. Still loving this game, agree with you on defence, survival is like that too, mass slaughter.
    Right on, Tenno.