• 02 - Frank - Aren't the Christmas Drabbles Starting Earlier

2 22.22%
  • 03 - insanephoton - Bah Humbug

3 33.33%
  • 04 - Alien - A Welsh Christmas Story

3 33.33%
  • 05 - phong - Punzawaa

3 33.33%
  • 06 - Listeri69 - Awwww you got me a Mr Potato head...

3 33.33%
  • 07 - cleonymus - In space, no one can hear sleighbells.

3 33.33%
  • 08 - Cmdr pseudonym - A very merry one....

2 22.22%
  • 09 - RoyalHankey - Season Greeting but with a hitch.....

2 22.22%
  • 10 - Polygonal Spaceship - I Went All The Way To Hutton Orbital...

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Drabble Short Story Contest #228: Season's Greetings

Drabble Short Story Contest #228: Season's Greetings

Ho ho ho little boy. Have I got a surprise for you!

Yes that's right, it's yer favourite jolly fat old man with a long white beard. My sacks are bulging and I'm going to come down yer chimney.

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and "comedy" hour at 7pm BST, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. Everyone is welcome to vote.
    And a plea to all of the contestants, Don't vote for yourself.
    Anyone caught voting for themselves will be forced to sit on my lap

01 - Galactic Midden - 'Tis the Susan to kill Wally

"Wally, traitor, prepare to receive your doom". Wally cowered before the Master of the Black Children. His dishonoured wingmates squirming nearby.

Having led another interdiction without spoils and another soul set free, all were about to walk the plank.

"Bring in Big Susan!"

"No! please not Susan!!" Wally screamed

Susan was rightly feared, her great weapons Smite and Smotherness; the traitors' doom. The punishment for cowardly pirates... to be treated like a baby.

In came Susan and her enormous cleavage. Wally, on first whiff of her powerful odour gasped uncontrollably as voluptuous Smite and Smotherness enveloped him warmly in greeting.

02 - Frank - Aren't the Christmas Drabbles Starting Earlier and Earlier These Days

Tavish McKreasygroyne, the infamous scourge of the spacelanes explained why he enjoyed picking on novice pilots. "Och aye, the noo! I like ta grab'em oot their spaceships 'an tell them they're eejits. I get'em ta greet in this bucket 'o tears." The Scottish bully then produced the bucket. He dipped a finger in the bucket then licked it. "It's no salty enough." and sprinkled some salt into the bucket.

You can see what Tavish does, he...

Kow, stick on yer funny Christmas hat, play some Christmas music, get some electronic snow effect going, brace yourself for the pun...

...Seasons Greetings

03 - insanephoton - Bah Humbug

'Bar, humbug' says Rafferty as he doles out the loot from the wreck.

I look down at the chocolate bar and humbug. Not much,but a welcome addition to our survival diet. The real prize however, is the meat stew bubbling away on the fire. Jenkins, our chef, has been busy. As I sample the stew, I fish out something that shouldn't be there. A set of dog tags belonging to Commander Greetings.

'Jenkins, what have I told you about preparing things properly? Anyway the stew needs more salt.'

Jenkins grumbles that I'm being too picky as he seasons Greetings.

04 - Alien - A Welsh Christmas Story

"Tell us a story Grandpa."
    "Ok son, sit on my knee and I ll tell you about my friend Gree"
    "Gree?"
    "That was his name. He would go around from station to station singing carols to folks"
    "Why?"
    "Because he was programed to make people happy"
    "programmed?"
    "He was a microwave. He'd wait until someone put a credit in his slot and he'd glow and hum a merry tune."
    "Can you sing one for us Grandpa?"
    "Let me see ... ... ... hmm hmm hmm hmm-hmm hmm hmmmmmm ..."
    "But what about Gree?"
    "He had his own way of singing ... See son, Gree tings."

05 - phong - Punzawaa

'Hello,Basil.'
    'Do you remember Rose,Mary? '
    Coriander looked into the mirror behind the bar,watching the pilots who paused behind her.She never for a moment considered that they were other than combat pilots,their bearing spoke it.She waited until they were seated at their table,before slipping out into the night and making her way to the starport.Struggling into a maintenance suit,she crossed the hanger bay,leafing through a worksheet,giving a casual nod to Colonel Dill before boarding the vessel,toolbox in hand.'Hi,Marj..'she whispered.It was going to be another long night.

06 - Listeri69 - Awwww you got me a Mr Potato head...

Psykokow was beginning to feel his choice of a sleek black escape pod had been a bad idea.
    So far he'd spotted some 3 vultures 2 asps and at least one sidewinder who'd flown straight past him.
    Annoying, as he was sure he saw simoofs pink neon flashing number, scooped up within the first hour.
    It was later that night he was scooped up and woke to find a forest over his head. his ship tied.
    Suddenly he was jerked out of his harness, the worse quake he'd ever encountered.

Then he heard the voice.

'Thargalina stop shaking your presents'

07 - cleonymus - In space, no one can hear sleighbells.

A scrawled greeting, a stale mince pie and what looked like a glass of Azure Milk.
    Santa gazed through the canopy at the predictable spread. So near yet so far.
    He scratched his beard thoughtfully and mumbled "They better not spill that milk on the controls. It's mildly corrosive."
    He made the long climb up the side of the cutter. His reindeer shuffled awkwardly, in their custom designed pressure suits. The sleigh looking out of place against the smooth modern lines of the spaceship.
    He tried to keep the tradition going, but so few of these ship designs had chimneys.

08 - Cmdr pseudonym - A very merry one....

Cmdr Skiprat was just sat at home dreaming of a white Christmas, drizzled with Dongkum.
    He thought it'd be nice if it snowed too.
    One thing Skiprat liked about Christmas was the food.
    he could see his sausage stuffed in the bird, her juices dripping everywhere as he pulls her legs apart.
    He gave a pleasurable moan thinking of the pair of tarts he would have covered in his own special sauce.
    Then there were the chocolates, always worth a nibble he thought, especially with handfuls of nuts.
    and lets not forget the pièce de résistance.
    A panamanian petting zoo...

09 - RoyalHankey - Season Greeting but with a hitch.....

Dashing through the snow
    In a one horse open sleigh
    O'er the fields we go
    Laughing all the way
    Bells in bobtails ring
    Making spirits bright
    What fun it is to ride and sing
    A sleighing song tonight
    Jingle bells
    Jingle bells
    Jingle all the way
    Oh what fun it is to ride
    Jingle bells
    Jingle bells
    Jingle all the way
    Oh what fun it is to ride

Dashing through the snow
    In a.........................
    Oh dear wrong game, Jingles is a Wargaming Youtuber not a Elite Dangerous Youtuber

10 - Polygonal Spaceship - I Went All The Way To Hutton Orbital, And All I Got Was This Lousy Concussion

"We wish you a great frameshift trip,
    We wish you --" *click*
    "Deck your hulls with gimballed cannon,
    Fa-la-la-lala --" *click*
    "We're walking in the --" *click*
    "The Thargoid and the brain tree,
    When they are both full-grown --" *click*
    "Are you hanging up your --" *click*

Commander Smith turned off his terminal and sighed. "Oh, for flux sake... it's November." Smith's YTS pilot entered the flight deck, his pimply complexion unimproved by the addition of a flashing red nose.

"Season's greetings, skipper!"

Later, Smith denied all knowledge of how a Hutton Orbital Truckers souvenir mug came to impact the youth's skull at high speed.

Video is uploading

Audio version is on itunes, http://abrakadrabble.com

or direct here

Oh dear,

It's going to be one of those weeks. It's quicker to commiserate the losers than congratulate all the winners... Commiserations to me, Pseudonym, and Hankey

Seeing as there are fewer 'losers' than winners perhaps the losers should choose the topic this week?

A threesome is still too many for a Drabble. I'll just drop out and leave it for Hankey and the Mysterious Stranger

OK I have written my entry for next week - Are the losers gonna give it a title or shall I simply enter it anyway?

I suspect that waiting will result in little to nothing of anything