Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Restrict or remove PvE from the game, making Open a nicer place

Originally Posted by StonedThoughts View Post (Source)
    Totally OT and not even in a real correlation with your post... but i had this one damn song in my head for weeks, not able to find or even remember it correctly and tada there it is
    Have some Rep and if we should ever meet, i totally owe you one!

Cheers and off to permanent loop...
    Glad to hear that useless post served a purpose after all.

Funky sound btw.

Originally Posted by StiTch View Post (Source)

TL;DR: PvPers are well aware there are some murderers that go for easy targets only and cannot handle themselves in a proper PvP fight - and many PvPers are in the line to punish them.
    This is good and should be done at every opportunity. The newbie killers and murderers that only go after easy targets give a bad name to PVPers as a whole. Not every PvEer thinks this and sometimes it seems that the PvPers think all PvEers do think that. Generalizations and name calling is not a good way to get your points across in most situations.
    We all seem to fall into that bad habit from time to time.

While hunting the murderers (the ones that only attack newbies or easy targets mind you) the peer to peer and instancing often works against you. As well as the platform/region/time zone issues. Still it would be great.

Originally Posted by Zieman View Post (Source)
    Most toxic are those players who cannot stand the fact that PvP doesn't dominate the whole game.
    Belittling, insults, all kinds of negative behaviour comes from them. The perceived "toxicity" of those who (foolishly) respond that behaviour is just the trolls projecting their world view to their victims.
    Even the OP's title suggests that Open is being held hostage! LOL!

The problem itself ain't the existence of seal clubbing and murderhoboing, it's the inexistence of effective methods of hunting them in-game, thanks to the net structure of the game, which is also a main problem for many other features such as trying to implement real time Thargoid station aggression with CMDR interactivity at the same time.

Or at least it's a convenient excuse to avoid doing the work needed to create content for all players.

I call bull that an experienced dev company cannot conceive a single piece of PvP content that integrates into the game without ruining it.

I agree that this bunch of talented devs COULD do something that would allow impactful play in the game for PVP players...I just believe they don't want to and don't care about the PVP players and their histrionics enough to change their original vision, that PVP is only achieved through PVE movement of trophies, so that all players have an equal input into the game.

Originally Posted by EvE4evah View Post (Source)
    The problem itself ain't the existence of seal clubbing and murderhoboing, it's the inexistence of effective methods of hunting them in-game, thanks to the net structure of the game, which is also a main problem for many other features such as trying to implement real time Thargoid station aggression with CMDR interactivity at the same time.

That can certainly happen...player interactivity...IF players desire that activity. If they don't then nothing anyone says will force them to interact if they do not desire it. It's a beautiful concept if you look at it.

Originally Posted by Roybe View Post (Source)
    That can certainly happen...player interactivity...IF players desire that activity. If they don't then nothing anyone says will force them to interact if they do not desire it. It's a beautiful concept if you look at it.
    We're talking about Open here, Roybe.

Obviously, any player NOT wanting player interactivity (such as Phos, for example) is more than welcome into Solo mode, it was specifically designed for those players. As many many many people including Robert have already pointed out inan infinite number of threads.

Edit: removed silly sentence.

Originally Posted by Kalie View Post (Source)
    This is good and should be done at every opportunity. The newbie killers and murderers that only go after easy targets give a bad name to PVPers as a whole
    At the end of the day, it's any murderers choice and right to do what they do. What is lacking is even a semblance of balance of choice and consequence, or of risk and reward. A terrorist organisation should have every ability to exact change on the galaxy around them; however it should not be easy to do so.

On the topic of generalisation, it'd be mighty helpful if people remembered that one's in game choices are just that. No need for players anywhere on the spectrum to resort to armchair psychology. That's gonna get messy and counterproductive before it's started.

Originally Posted by Kalie View Post (Source)
    While hunting the murderers (the ones that only attack newbies or easy targets mind you) the peer to peer and instancing often works against you. As well as the platform/region/time zone issues.
    ED's networking really, really needs some TLC, but that's an unequivocal benefit to everyone, no questions asked.

There are also a number of changes that could be made to PvP that would improve bounty hunting and playstyles other than murder, but as a general rule they get shot down simply for advocating positive PvP changes. You mention PvP and improvements...stop trying to drag prey to open!

Even the OP's title suggests that Open is being held hostage! LOL!
    Agreed. It's an awful title, isn't it?

I agree that this bunch of talented devs COULD do something that would allow impactful play in the game for PVP players...I just believe they don't want to and don't care about the PVP players and their histrionics enough to change their original vision, that PVP is only achieved through PVE movement of trophies, so that all players have an equal input into the game.
    I will drop the urge to paste fifty various gifs showing laughter at the notion PvP players are the histrionic ones, and simply thank you for an honest evaluation.

It is not true at all that all players have an equal input into the game, but at least you're among the first I've seen to confess the game isn't even trying for it.

TL;DR: PvPers are well aware there are some murderers that go for easy targets only and cannot handle themselves in a proper PvP fight - and many PvPers are in the line to punish them.
    That sounds good Stitch but it's not the impression I am getting, the vast, vast majority of the time when noob killers post videos or announce they are leaving the game the replies from many known PVP players are 'hilarious emergent content' and 'so sorry to see another one go'.

If in fact some of you guys are hunting and berating these guys I'd like to know where I could see such dialogue and discussion because it certainly isn't on these boards or the good number of subreddits I'm aware of.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122