Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 485455565758

Thread: Restrict or remove PvE from the game, making Open a nicer place

Originally Posted by ALGOMATIC View Post (Source)
    I fly a weaponless d rated aspx, and I am wanted 90% of the time, to avoid ANY npc all I need is submit to intrediction and boost in straight line, thats it, thats the challenge.

This assuming I am not winning the intrediction which is never. We dont need npcs in this game, they are useless and only used for farming.

Algomatic, reading this I can't help but seeing it as conceited. I am happy that for you that you are a god in the game and very few things in the game threaten you. But to claim because you have no use for NPCs and they are meaningless ants so they should be removed is just beyond conceited and actually inflammatory.

As a person talking to another person... no pvp, no pve... just two people. Should elevators be removed because some people can use stairs? Should Cars be made illegal since some people can walk were they need to go? We look around the world and notice that not one person is exactly like another. They all have different abilities and sometimes disabilities.

So why do you feel that NPCs should be removed from the game? Why should the game cater to you specifically and not instead to the majority of players?

I have enough trouble playing because of injuries from when I served. I do not demand nor would I want Fdev to change the game to cater to my disabilities and make it weaker for others. I deal with the NPCs as Mother has designed them. For you they are ants to be brushed off, for me they are a pain in the tail, but I don't request them removed. I don't request PVPers to be removed either, just for them to quit trying to change the game to suite only them and to leave me the hell alone.

Please... quit being antagonistic and inflammatory. And remember we ALL play the game... not just you.

Originally Posted by EvE4evah View Post (Source)
    What does drop the bomb' mean?
    Read the PM I sent.

Soo..... Griefing doesn't exist, does it?

Just got killed at Hudson. Have T10 with some AX weapons that I wanted to try out. Nothing engineered. In SC, got interdicted, tried to avoid but failed. Got attacked, but since I'm not highly engineered ship I didn't have enough boost and my FSD was locked by one of his weapons. Shield fairly decent, but wasn't enough. Got killed in about 30 seconds. Without warning. No message. Just... because I guess. And I have no bounty and no cargo.

Prime example of unprovoked attack for no good reason other than to grief.

I lost 20 mil cred. But I got plenty more so I'm not even bothered.

The truth is. I went into Open just to check if there are griefers around or not, and if Open is as dead as everyone says. But... Open is full of people. Griefers are still alive and kicking.

With that said, don't take this post as a critique of griefing or ganking. It's part of the Open, and I've accepted it. It won't go away, and no shield or weapons, or "git gud" will change that.

Originally Posted by Han Zulu View Post (Source)
    Soo..... Griefing doesn't exist, does it?

Just got killed at Hudson. Have T10 with some AX weapons that I wanted to try out. Nothing engineered. In SC, got interdicted, tried to avoid but failed. Got attacked, but since I'm not highly engineered ship I didn't have enough boost and my FSD was locked by one of his weapons. Shield fairly decent, but wasn't enough. Got killed in about 30 seconds. Without warning. No message. Just... because I guess. And I have no bounty and no cargo.

Prime example of unprovoked attack for no good reason other than to grief.

I lost 20 mil cred. But I got plenty more so I'm not even bothered.

The truth is. I went into Open just to check if there are griefers around or not, and if Open is as dead as everyone says. But... Open is full of people. Griefers are still alive and kicking.

With that said, don't take this post as a critique of griefing or ganking. It's part of the Open, and I've accepted it. It won't go away, and no shield or weapons, or "git gud" will change that.
    The T10 is a juicy target those days, I was not able to kill one as of yet, hopefully today.

Originally Posted by ALGOMATIC View Post (Source)
    The T10 is a juicy target those days, I was not able to kill one as of yet, hopefully today.
    I am sure there are plenty of NPC ones out there for you to kill

Originally Posted by Mouse View Post (Source)
    I am sure there are plenty of NPC ones out there for you to kill
    I block all npcs

To date, I haven't blocked a single player. Not even the one hundred and eighty seventh player I met (cryptic). However, just for reasons based purely out of game, I am considering making my first block. Its kinda like a reverse KOS list. You know, those KOS lists that are apparently written purely from out of game reasons. Which I find demonstrates and displays the ugliest side of human nature. So on reflection, I'll refrain from making any block, because I'm not a hypocrite, and don't possess an ugly side to my nature.
    Besides, I'm only flying in Open as an experiment

Originally Posted by Rampant View Post (Source)
    To date, I haven't blocked a single player. Not even the one hundred and eighty seventh player I met (cryptic). However, just for reasons based purely out of game, I am considering making my first block. Its kinda like a reverse KOS list. You know, those KOS lists that are apparently written purely from out of game reasons. Which I find demonstrates and displays the ugliest side of human nature. So on reflection, I'll refrain from making any block, because I'm not a hypocrite, and don't possess an ugly side to my nature.
    Besides, I'm only flying in Open as an experiment
    Merry Christmas, Mark and family

Originally Posted by EvE4evah View Post (Source)
    Merry Christmas, Mark and family
    Back atchya - All the very best.

I've always liked the way Star Wars Galaxies handled PVP. Covert and overt states set by users. You can have PVE and PVP coexist and keep an active population. Declare at a station and go killing.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 485455565758