Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 144

Thread: Restrict or remove PvE from the game, making Open a nicer place

  1. #76
    I do indeed have the feeling I'm erecting a post every time I click "reply to thread". The points within often penetrate to the heart of the matter when it delivers it's essence.

    Is it getting hot in here?

  2. #77
    This idea again, echo chamber syndrome, my responce pigs arrrrs. have the laggy uncontrolled mess you call open and leave solo alone as many of us would move onto other games if solo/pg were not available, fortunately frontier aren't stupid enough to alienate the large base of players that feel this way, as for why, I could not be bothered repeating what's already well known and clear to all that can be bothered reading wordy things. but considering frontier already took a lot of us for a ride with the offline mode many bought into, I think the least they can do is leave well enough alone with the game modes. but OP feel free to keep dreaming of all the cannon fodder you will never get access too.

  3. #78
    Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    I do indeed have the feeling I'm erecting a post every time I click "reply to thread". The points within often penetrate to the heart of the matter when it delivers it's essence.

    Is it getting hot in here?
    You're erecting far more than posts, Ziggy. It gets hot everywhere you go.

    Originally Posted by Shar View Post (Source)
    but OP feel free to keep dreaming of all the cannon fodder you will never get access too.
    *shrugs* at least we've accepted the term for them is "fodder"

    Ziggy, we may need you to break out the miniature violins!

  4. #79

  5. #80
    Originally Posted by StiTch View Post (Source)
    You're erecting far more than posts, Ziggy. It gets hot everywhere you go.



    *shrugs* at least we've accepted the term for them is "fodder"

    Ziggy, we may need you to break out the miniature violins!
    Well this thread is definitely forum fodder and the solo/pg enthusiasts are feeding, As for the violins sorry bit late i was playing that while i read the op. Also note your label for us lovely solo/mobius lovers is THEM you said it all right there.

    Move along nothing to see here apart from my venom sack slowly emptying.

  6. #81
    Originally Posted by Shar View Post (Source)
    Well this thread is definitely forum fodder and the solo/pg enthusiasts are feeding
    Is that what's happening? *chuckles*

    Originally Posted by Shar View Post (Source)
    As for the violins sorry bit late i was playing that while i read the op. Also note your label for us lovely solo/mobius lovers is THEM you said it all right there.
    Sorry, you were playing "that" while you read my OP? How does a "that" sound?

    Originally Posted by Shar View Post (Source)
    Move along nothing to see here apart from my venom sack slowly emptying.
    I got nothing I can say without getting banned for indecency. Anyone want to take this big opening of Shar's?

    Oh look, it happened anyway -_-

  7. #82
    Originally Posted by StiTch View Post (Source)
    ...circumventing this mechanic to shoot an NPC that hasn't given consent will have you labeled as a neckbeard sporting psycho.
    Thanks. I was looking for a new ship name

  8. #83
    Originally Posted by StiTch View Post (Source)
    Is that what's happening? *chuckles*






    I got nothing I can say without getting banned for indecency.
    Oh look, it happened anyway -_-
    Yes please be careful -we or is it them- wouldn't want that to happen it's not everyday we get a thread this good.

  9. #84
    One simple point i can be bothered making is, Frontier have proven time and time again that they can't weather storms and a change this dramatic and game changing would create the mother of all doodoo storms, personally i have no doubt i'll be playing solo/pg for as long as this game is still alive, the real question here should be how long will that be.

    Some of us play this game to get away from screaming children not to play with them.

  10. #85
    Originally Posted by Shar View Post (Source)
    Some of us play this game to get away from screaming children not to play with them.
    That’s what Xbox live is for

  11. #86
    Originally Posted by BigF View Post (Source)
    That’s what Xbox live is for
    Except when the screaming children want to play the Xbox Live all the time...

  12. #87
    Originally Posted by StiTch View Post (Source)
    Gee whizz, I met a psychic, guys!

    As I didn't mention my definition of PvP anywhere and I can't be bothered to type it as you're already so knowledgeable, would you mind sharing my definition with the class for study?

    Cheers bro.
    Okay I actually want to apologise for that, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have jumped the gun and assumed so much.

    From what you posted I thought you were a typical griefer and I overreacted.

    Non-consensual PvP really gets on my nerves as most of the time it results in a very unfair fight where one player is simply not prepared for it. And then after losing the fight and their ship they have no way of getting revenge as its impossible to find random players. I think its a really selfish way to play. So hearing about it always sets me off. Thankfully Frontier agree and are making adjustments with the upcoming crime and punishment update.

  13. #88
    Originally Posted by cpeyton94 View Post (Source)
    Okay I actually want to apologise for that, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have jumped the gun and assumed so much.

    From what you posted I thought you were a typical griefer and I overreacted.

    Non-consensual PvP really gets on my nerves as most of the time it results in a very unfair fight where one player is simply not prepared for it. And then after losing the fight and their ship they have no way of getting revenge as its impossible to find random players. I think its a really selfish way to play. So hearing about it always sets me off. Thankfully Frontier agree and are making adjustments with the upcoming crime and punishment update.
    No worries. That you have accepted you were making assumptions means you are already more reasonable than the vast majority of the forum here. Have some rep.

    Ultimately this thread is not entirely...austere, and I am not going to pretend I am one of the good guys of ED; but I keep that out of such discussions to avoid this becoming the focus. Unfortunately the assumption that anything pro-Open or pro-PvP means the poster is a dirty griefer is pretty much the de facto stance, and unlike yourself most will cling to the psychology cannon as though their (real) life depends on it. I've even seen PvEers battered by other PvEers for showing support and not making it clear they don't PvP.

    Consequently all discussions around PvP, even during the most constructive attempts, get inevitably dragged into a poo flinging contest. And we get labelled as the toxic ones?

  14. #89
    Hopefully the introduction of better security responses in future updates would make this discussion a bit redundant. As a PvE guy and (git gud PvP learning student) personally it seems that if security actually reflected the label, people in Open who wish to avoid random PvP ('griefing' to some) would be safer in these systems. However, venturing outside these areas would be a dangerous activity, and that combat would be common unless prepared better. This would also start to resolve the solo / private BGS / Powerplay issue.

    However I think whatever way you look at it, no-one will ever be happy.

  15. #90
    I keep making this obvious suggestion.

    Why not start an awesome no combat logging all skill PvP group? It could be called Suibom. All the awesome PvP guys sign up for it and never combat log on each other and fight each other with the best skills evah. And everyone is there for the same thing so no-one will evah be disappointed. So you never have to see any nasty PvE guys again, and I promise no carebears will invade your group to distribute emergent hugs!

    Problem solved!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast