Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 2.4.09

Originally Posted by maboleth View Post (Source)
    No, I agree with you almost completely. The game does run well and is mostly stable. But we reported so many cosmetic, audio and crucial bugs over several weeks/months with all sorts of special log files provided - to see only 4 or 5 things fixed, in total!

Above else, I really hate black rectangles on planets with a passion. You make an exploration game without any tools for the player to properly explore (scanners, radars, lat/long pilot etc.) and we say "oh well", but at least, during my eyeballing on the planet surface, I don't want to see any, 0,000% black squares, unless it's part of some interesting story or alien life. And that bug has been in the game for at least a year.
    The scanner has been my biggest issue since I made my first planetary landing with an SRV. I have reported it as a bug and here is the "reproducability". https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gi...rO4CRy52HFyzsV

Regarding navigating on the planet, The biggest help would be a reset-able odometer right on the dashboard instead of having to drill down, what, 5 menus in the Systems information panel. There is a compass and so far the prominent features on a planet are persistent. The Turret view allows full range without having to turn the SRV while also showing a heading relative to the SRV current heading. Add to this the FREE CAM (think of it as a drone) and planetary navigation becomes much better than what the US Military had during WW2 when fighting in the desert in North Africa.

Originally Posted by xyphic View Post (Source)
    Just to clarify, I think you're asking for Frontier to add support for Dash in-game, rather than support for Dash in general (which comes for free). You can position and pin windows to appear within the game, but you have to do so in the void so there's a lot of trial and error involved in where they appear in-cockpit.

It would also be nice if there were a way to have different configurations for different game scenes (e.g. different pinned window position in different cockpits) but that's a feature that's missing from Dash in general.
    From Oculus ...

App Compatibility

In some legacy apps, when you press the Oculus button, Dash will not come up as an overlay inside of the app, but will instead open in its own environment. All other Dash functionality will be available. We recently introduced tools so developers can integrate full Dash support and our list of fully Dash-compatible apps is growing.

I want to say one of the bugfixes was Anarchy bounties. I haven't gotten any yet today.

Originally Posted by Gun Star View Post (Source)
    So, I did not receive 2.4.09. My launcher still says 2.4.08. Even when I check for updates for game from the launcher it says game is up to date. So, what gives?
    Originally Posted by Cerberus Shepard View Post (Source)
    same issue here and check fr updates tells me that my game is uptodate....
    Not updating on Steam for me either; please feel free to add weight to the below:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...38#post6195738

Thanks

2.4.09 Steam Update

Does anyone know when the update will hit Steam? My Steam client still shows 2.4.08 with no updates available. Thanks commanders!

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    The update contains a number of bug fixes.
    Thanks, Ed, but this community will make that determination.

:: tossing myself out ::

Originally Posted by Babaa Yaga View Post (Source)
    Does anyone know when the update will hit Steam? My Steam client still shows 2.4.08 with no updates available. Thanks commanders!
    My Steam install updated when I logged in about an hour ago.

Dear Lordy.. so much negativity in this thread.. They have fixed some bugs, background stuff..

Tsk.. only Humans could be negative about progress..

Originally Posted by Bob Razer View Post (Source)
    Dear Lordy.. so much negativity in this thread.. They have fixed some bugs, background stuff..

not negative about bug fixes. negative about lack of transparency. WHAT was fixed. The last thing you want is for example to go into a goid fight and learn that weapons were nerfed, or goids now to double the module damage....or mass lock now affects high wakes or something like that. if the rules of the game changed, you want to know about the rule change BEFORE you encounter it.

Originally Posted by Deep Thought 42 View Post (Source)
    Anyone know how big the pc download is ?
    Very big.

There are very big bugs crawling all over my PC and Monitor now.

Raid..., honey, where's the big can?

Sorry, guy, you are living in an age where we have all been Trumped.

Unnoticeable progress....

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Unnoticeable progress....
    when someone says "we changed something...don't worry about it" that's precisely when you should worry about it.

Is type-10 a bug fix? because we need something to fix the current bug problem spreading across the galaxy

For Steam users, you can download the ED launcher and use it separate from Steam as a desktop shortcut.

This allows a quicker game startup and you get the updates more promptly.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast