Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 222

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 2.4.09

  1. #181
    Originally Posted by Pawel Sebastian View Post (Source)
    Better later than not complited to early... ED is like alpha early access right now, even skins are bugged
    And humans can fly on milk and sugar in the high atmosphere...:/

  2. #182
    Moan moan moan lol

  3. #183
    Originally Posted by steampvnc1880 View Post (Source)
    Please update to add support to Oculus Dash as soon as possible. I really need those pinned windows in VR.
    Just to clarify, I think you're asking for Frontier to add support for Dash in-game, rather than support for Dash in general (which comes for free). You can position and pin windows to appear within the game, but you have to do so in the void so there's a lot of trial and error involved in where they appear in-cockpit.

    It would also be nice if there were a way to have different configurations for different game scenes (e.g. different pinned window position in different cockpits) but that's a feature that's missing from Dash in general.

  4. #184
    Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

    2.4.09 is now live... the downtime is expected to be 15 minutes, or maybe slightly longer for those on PS4.

    On PS4 this update will appear as 1.13. We are looking in to getting these numbers to match in future, in order to avoid confusion. Thanks!

    The update contains a number of bug fixes.

    Thanks!

    Ed
    We waited ,08 and ,09 like several months for... this? I'm usually first here to defend ED and FDev but this is just lame.

  5. #185
    I think next year will be very hard for players, when FD will start fixing game from begining, and then fixing bugs from fixes. Maybe they will end in about two years and then we will see new content (besides remastered copy of ships)

  6. #186
    Got to ask... and yes I know I'm gonna get shot to bits....

    But why all the hate, is the game so bugged for you that its unplayable, personally only stepped back into Elite after a 30 year absence but have friends that was on the kickstarter and don't hear them complaining like this,

    the game is what you make of it surely, yes there is stuff that could be a lot better but whining like this thread don't get nowt done,

  7. #187
    Originally Posted by Slobberdog57 View Post (Source)
    Got to ask... and yes I know I'm gonna get shot to bits....

    But why all the hate, is the game so bugged for you that its unplayable, personally only stepped back into Elite after a 30 year absence but have friends that was on the kickstarter and don't hear them complaining like this,

    the game is what you make of it surely, yes there is stuff that could be a lot better but whining like this thread don't get nowt done,
    No, I agree with you almost completely. The game does run well and is mostly stable. But we reported so many cosmetic, audio and crucial bugs over several weeks/months with all sorts of special log files provided - to see only 4 or 5 things fixed, in total!

    Above else, I really hate black rectangles on planets with a passion. You make an exploration game without any tools for the player to properly explore (scanners, radars, lat/long pilot etc.) and we say "oh well", but at least, during my eyeballing on the planet surface, I don't want to see any, 0,000% black squares, unless it's part of some interesting story or alien life. And that bug has been in the game for at least a year.

  8. #188
    Originally Posted by maboleth View Post (Source)
    No, I agree with you almost completely. The game does run well and is mostly stable. But we reported so many cosmetic, audio and crucial bugs over several weeks/months with all sorts of special log files provided - to see only 4 or 5 things fixed, in total!

    Above else, I really hate black rectangles on planets with a passion. You make an exploration game without any tools for the player to properly explore (scanners, radars, lat/long pilot etc.) and we say "oh well", but at least, during my eyeballing on the planet surface, I don't want to see any, 0,000% black squares, unless it's part of some interesting story or alien life. And that bug has been in the game for at least a year.
    This is a pretty standard way to do sw dev and FD are not deviating from past behaviour. It pretty much goes like this:

    They release an x.y patch.
    Shortly afterwards there is x.y.1 with many fixes.
    Followed by x.y.2 with less fixes
    Within a few weeks it dries up to 1 or 2 issues get fixed.
    Then nothing until x.y+1 is released.

    You will need to wait for the Q1 2018 release for anything other than that.

  9. #189
    Originally Posted by maboleth View Post (Source)
    You make an exploration game without any tools for the player to properly explore (scanners, radars, lat/long pilot etc.) and we say "oh well", but at least, during my eyeballing on the planet surface, I don't want to see any, 0,000% black squares, unless it's part of some interesting story or alien life. And that bug has been in the game for at least a year.
    Probably because it is difficult to reproduce. I don't have seen any black rectangles recently. I thought they fixed that. So if not everyone has that problem they might not be able to reproduce it either, how can they fix it? Bring out speculative fixes that break stuff?

  10. #190
    Originally Posted by Sentynal View Post (Source)
    They're not bugs....



    ...they're features.

    When is a bug not a bug,.....?

    To get to the other side!

  11. #191
    Originally Posted by MelBrennan View Post (Source)
    I'm in...and updated via Steam. At Founders World station...no T-10. Logging off now.
    Way to give it a chance.
    I'm a Lakon fan too but...

  12. #192
    Originally Posted by Spacemarkl View Post (Source)
    Probably because it is difficult to reproduce. I don't have seen any black rectangles recently. I thought they fixed that. So if not everyone has that problem they might not be able to reproduce it either, how can they fix it? Bring out speculative fixes that break stuff?
    Certainly not, there's like +5 page thread about this issue reported by several dozen of players throughout a year or so. They are aware of it and... unable to fix.

  13. #193
    I agree 100% , elite was sold as an exploration game.

    During the premium betas and early betas we saw some interesting mechanics. but as the game got released there was no longer a sign of them.

    Every single update exept of 1.1 was and is combat related . some things the community begged for since release .

    Mining only was doable after limpets where added nothing els has been added since.
    Trade nly got some minor updates.
    Exploration: only some bookmarks and system filters.
    Smugling : nothing
    Piracy : limpets

    Combat every thing from 1.2 wings ,1.3 Powerplay ,1.4 CQC ,2.1 Engineers(90% combat related) 2.2 gaurdians (fighters) 2.3 multicrew (well 100% combat nothing els for other game play) 2.4 more combat .


    Explorer related updates Horizons planetary landing that is about it.

    dark patches still exist in the game usualy on POIs bases or content.

  14. #194
    Originally Posted by Jacobus Franconium View Post (Source)

    Combat every thing from 1.2 wings ,1.3 Powerplay ,1.4 CQC ,2.1 Engineers(90% combat related) 2.2 gaurdians (fighters) 2.3 multicrew (well 100% combat nothing els for other game play) 2.4 more combat .


    .
    It's all useless really, because solo/group and open in one world -pathetic idea. With no missions for group, no real player factions like in every multiplayer game (just on forums with custom names for minor factions) it's all garbage for testing only. I've spend exactly 43 minutes in multicrew since release, because there is no point to do this. Engineers -it's just grind for time sinking. Guardians -some boring spots for screenshots like abandoned stations. But for British people everything what they do is "very exciting", no matter what other people thinking...

  15. #195
    Originally Posted by Fenris Wolf View Post (Source)
    Great. I'll get it in a jiffy.....

    ;-)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast