Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Stupid Elite Dangerous update question(a bit of a tantrum really)

Stupid Elite Dangerous update question(a bit of a tantrum really)

Why is this game the only one in my entire PS4 library that will only download an update when I try and play the game?

The downloading is pretty quick, it is the copying step afterwards that takes forever. What is so different about this game? Could it be something in my PS4 setup?

All of my other recently played games will tend to update automatically even when playing other games or streaming movies.

I don’t need to start them up to update...

I will now Take a deep breath and go check if the stupid update finished copying...

It's like that on PC also.

Mine updates automatically. It must be your setup or something.

Check this:
    Right click on the game in the steam library and choose Properties
    Click the second tab: Updates
    Click the first drop down and make it high priority automatic update.

Having said that yesterday it still did not update mine to .9 the launcher is still at .8

Originally Posted by OSchembri View Post (Source)
    Check this:
    Right click on the game in the steam library and choose Properties
    Click the second tab: Updates
    Click the first drop down and make it high priority automatic update.

Having said that yesterday it still did not update mine to .9 the launcher is still at .8
    Um dude, PlayStation 4 forum.

But it’s nice to see someone helping.

Originally Posted by drh61 View Post (Source)
    Why is this game the only one in my entire PS4 library that will only download an update when I try and play the game?

The downloading is pretty quick, it is the copying step afterwards that takes forever. What is so different about this game? Could it be something in my PS4 setup?

All of my other recently played games will tend to update automatically even when playing other games or streaming movies.

I will now Take a deep breath and go check if the stupid update finished copying...
    I didnt start ps4 elite y'day evening but mine downloaded itself.
    It's usually my xbox one that doesn't do it until I try to start it! I don't understand it either, just first world problems I guess

Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post (Source)
    Um dude, PlayStation 4 forum.

But it’s nice to see someone helping.
    Oops i got to this while looking for my issue. Hope you find the right help then.
    O7

Originally Posted by drh61 View Post (Source)

I notice mine is exactly the same, switched on last night to play Warframe and no Elite update, next time I will have to force open Elite to get it. Any idea how this can be fixed as all my other games like you just update*

*unless I have not played them in months and months.

Originally Posted by Mr Cynical View Post (Source)
    I didnt start ps4 elite y'day evening but mine downloaded itself.
    It's usually my xbox one that doesn't do it until I try to start it! I don't understand it either, just first world problems I guess
    Same here. I was playing GTA V yesterday evening and I got a pop up saying the ED update had been downloaded.

Originally Posted by OSchembri View Post (Source)
    Oops i got to this while looking for my issue. Hope you find the right help then.
    O7
    It’s ok mate, I assumed you took a wrong turn at Albuquerque or something.

11. This is the last staff post in this thread. #11
    Updates should download automatically as long as your console is set to allow auto updates. We certainly haven't set anything up on the client side that should change this behaviour as it's a system feature.

Originally Posted by Lloyd Morgan-Moore View Post (Source)
    Updates should download automatically as long as your console is set to allow auto updates. We certainly haven't set anything up on the client side that should change this behaviour as it's a system feature.
    Thank you sir. o7

Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post (Source)
    Thank you sir. o7
    I will check mine again but for me at the moment it only seems to be Elite Dangerous I have the issue with, maybe something got messed up in the options.

Originally Posted by stormy View Post (Source)
    I will check mine again but for me at the moment it only seems to be Elite Dangerous I have the issue with, maybe something got messed up in the options.

I’ll do the same but I’m pretty sure auto update is enabled. All other games or applications automatically download and update automatically including system updates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast