Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: A worthless thread I admit, but important nonetheless

Originally Posted by A D View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the list Evoflash, I just stolen it for own use. Have a bacon sandwich on me
    Need to add "build racing Eagle".

I love the atmosphere and potential that resides in ED. Its usually small stuff, lazily, haphazardly or dumbly implemented and that could be fixed easily that gets me off (ok,ok not here for that). I am happy to have invested in ED. A more specific positive thing? I love the ships, they are impressive, especially in VR. Another? The sounds. Almost every little sound is well implemented and great. One more? The support for specific user issues. Im not talking about the generic bugs that plague a lot of things and are more resilient than tardigrades, but the customer support. They are the best I ever had, always reply fast and try to solve my problems. I hope they do some house cleaning on core features. I think Fdev is listening and we have a bright future.

I LOVE THIS GAME.

Really, I do. I love that there is so damn much to do.

Occasionally, I read those 30+ page threads, and am baffled by all those comments that there's nothing to do. Nothing to do?! There is so much laid out before you, and you can freely pick anything that tickles your fancy.

In the recent sale, I convinced some friends to join in. They're also now addicted to it, and are doing completely different things to me, and we're sharing what we find.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED FROM A NEW ELITE GAME.

I spent two decades playing Elite 2, and was concerned that when number 4 finally emerged, it would be half-hearted or too changed or too tightly structured. Instead,it gave me everything I was after, and more.

Last month, it overtook Skyrim as the most-played game in my Steam library. And there's a reasonable argument for Skyrim being the best game I'd ever played up to that point. So yeah, I love Elite.

Minor problem, though: I was reading through this thread, forgot that I had the game running, and just crashed into a star.

Okay, maybe that's slightly my fault.

Originally Posted by RolloTreadway View Post (Source)
    Okay, maybe that's slightly my fault.
    And the rest is T.J.

VR + flight model + detail of in game assets = awesome

You realize that by posting a thread like this you've simply reinforced the reality of the situation which is that many folks are not happy with the game as it is right now. Full stop.

Originally Posted by Kubicide View Post (Source)
    You realize that by posting a thread like this you've simply reinforced the reality of the situation which is that many folks are not happy with the game as it is right now. Full stop.
    When have you ever been happy with this game?

>____>

I like ED. Happy happy fun times. Good way to wind down in the evening. Shame summer is here so I have to play outside instead...

S

Originally Posted by Rampant View Post (Source)
    New product idea inspiration:

Bacon flavoured tequila

Would be a huge hit in USA...

Cheerz

Mark H

Tequila flavored bacon would change the breakfast landscape overnight.

Having a bad morning at the office? No problem! Just sneak some Tequila Bacon™ into the breakfast buffet and watch everyone mellow out before the morning meetings.

I like how I can (for the most part) do anything I want elite never is boring. I've been playing for a year now, and everytime I load up the game I get this feeling that today is going to be a good one.

Also +virtual rep for all the people in charge of the game's sound it really is amazing.

Originally Posted by yolomcbobbinz View Post (Source)
    I like how I can (for the most part) do anything I want elite never is boring. I've been playing for a year now, and everytime I load up the game I get this feeling that today is going to be a good one.

Also +virtual rep for all the people in charge of the game's sound it really is amazing.
    Agree about the sound design - it's second to none.

I don't know if the SC and Elite emerged at the same time or about but in Elite there's quite a lot to do. So in this time game has evolved quite abit. I am unlocking Palin and doing some CG's beside it. Raising money for better ships and modules in decent pace without exploits. Some times it feels I just don't have time for all I want to do in Elite. I had a really long break from Elite but now I am having a blast again.

Originally Posted by Kubicide View Post (Source)
    Your reality? As you perceive it of course right?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910