Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: A worthless thread I admit, but important nonetheless

Originally Posted by Armholeeio View Post (Source)
    glad that other game isn't on our peasant games machine, it would be very expensive for a tech demo . Can I get a hussar for Lord Braben and the game of joy he brought to us be yer Pc master race or console peasants
    I'm extremely happy that Braben didn't follow that trail, Braben has a vision on where to go with ED but he didn't turn every aspect into an alpha demo and try to knit them together.
    ED 1.0 was a full game to play but only the beginning, this full game only gets bigger and better, love it.

Ugh I can't wait for Q1 next year, Krait, Chieftain, new planet textures and then some!!!!!
    Best purchase I ever made in my gaming life.

Been playing since GPP on Xbox, and it's far and away my most played game of all time. Despite its faults, i truly do love it.

Can't wait to see what the future has in store. Something for us explorers to do out in the black besides go mad, pretty please? Even just an additional type of scanner or something could go a long way (atmospheric analysis, gamma/x-ray emissions,...something lol!)

Originally Posted by relayer View Post (Source)
    As I've said before, I like flying my spaceship. That is all
    I second that with all my strength.
    Every second inside my cockpit its glorious.

Yup....I've always loved the Elite franchise....always will.

I'm hoping Beyond will deliver what is required to turn this from a good game to a great one.

I'm happy.
    It's a hard job, but somebody's got to do it.

ED is my retreat from this world... there's just no other game like it. Thank you for this positive thread... I'm usually a lurker and this is getting heavy all these complaints.

I also have hopes and dreams for what ED could be, but let's just be patient and enjoy it for all it already is... which is honestly a lot! I personally don't mind most of its lore being out of the game, not all games are the same and this makes it even more immersive to me, that the ED universe 'leaks' into my own world with tons of fanmade websites... even a radio! This is all insanely cool!

Playing with the HOTAS + the Oculus is just... mindblowing. Next on the list are a tablet for the Roccat powergrid or the Cougar cockpit panel! My interest keeps growing, I just got into the books now, read 'The Dark Wheel' and I'm impatient to read more! I'm rambling, but... I love Elite.

Cheers CMDRs, keep being the greatest gaming community I've been in. o7

All great posts so far, even the foodie bits lol.

Just try and explain this game in a few sentences to someone in the pub to understand the complexity.

The complexity is what makes the game, the very steep learning curve you have to endure to learn how to fly a space ship in our massive Milky Way. The hours you have to put in to learn how to fight your ship and to spec both it and the modules

The truly awesome visuals that you get to see that are mostly matched with our knowledge of the galaxy.

The constant improvements that are made.

I believe that we are in a long-term beta project that is nowhere near the finished article yet so this is truly a great thread to focus on all of the great aspects of Elite Dangerous. Of which I have only touched on a few.

Simply love the game. I have VR and recently got myself a 2k monitor and it is an absolutely fantastic experience. Mining is probably my fav thing in the game.

Originally Posted by Cagman View Post (Source)
    Simply love the game. I have VR and recently got myself a 2k monitor and it is an absolutely fantastic experience. Mining is probably my fav thing in the game.
    I have to agree with this

Mining in VR is awesome

Well, even I had my share off "not that happy with 2.4...", its like i said there too: "...but i still love this game!" and will probaly do so till they shut down the servers
    I mean when ingame time is counted in weeks it says something i guess

Well I guess I realized how much I love this game after damaging my hand and nearly losing a finger last week. XBox controller is a bit awkward to use one handed. LOL.
    It was a retreat for me from my daily hectic life.
    Since then I have learned to dock again but I think it may be time to do a bit of exploring or buy a T9 since it moves slow enough.
    Played in 84 and I'm glad to be playing the game now.

Originally Posted by Cmdr Tel View Post (Source)
    Well I guess I realized how much I love this game after damaging my hand and nearly losing a finger last week. XBox controller is a bit awkward to use one handed. LOL.
    Ouch! I hope your recovery is swift!

I somehow missed this game back in 1984, having had a voracious appetite for games back then. I didn't really slow down until I became a father in 2006.

Elite is just such an amazing world. Yes, sometimes things are odd (like how our nav computers can't automatically slow down for a drop out of supercruise) but the scope and scale of the game is just mind-boggling.

The visceral feel of combat, the hands-on approach to landings and take offs, everything just immerses you into the game.

Just a few highlights from the last 3 years ...

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    I have to agree with this

Mining in VR is awesome
    Agreed. Esp ice mining. Looking forward to mining updates

Originally Posted by Evoflash View Post (Source)
    Found my To-Do-List, growing all the time.

To do
    Imperial rank = Duke X
    Imperial rank = King
    Federal rank = Rear Admiral
    Federal rank = Admiral
    Elite Trader
    Elite Combat
    Elite Explorer X
    Elite CQC
    Own Customised Cutter X
    Own Customised Corvette
    Obtain Prismatic Shields
    Obtain Class 5 Prismatics for Cutter
    Obtain Enforcer Cannon
    Obtain Retributor Beam Laser
    Obtain Cytoscrambler
    Obtain Mining Lance
    Obtain Imperial Hammer
    Obtain Pack-Hound Missile Rack
    Obtain Pulse Disruptor
    Obtain Pacifier Frag-Cannon
    Obtain Advanced Plasma Accelerator
    Obtain 4 Sextantis Permit
    Obtain Alioth Permit X
    Obtain CD-44 1695 Permit
    Obtain Crom Permit X
    Obtain HIP 54530 Permit
    Obtain Hodack Permit X
    Obtain Isinor Permit X
    Obtain Jotun Permit X
    Obtain LFT 509 Permit
    Obtain LTT 198 Permit X
    Obtain Luyten 347-14 Permit X
    Obtain Mingfu Permit
    Obtain Nastrond Permit X
    Obtain Peregrina Permit X
    Obtain Pi Mensae Permit X
    Obtain Sirius Permit X
    Obtain Terra Matta Permit
    Obtain Tiliala Permit X
    Obtain Van Maanen's Star Permit X
    Get Bill Turner to grade 5 X
    Get Broo Tarquin to grade 5 X
    Get Colonel Bris Dekker to grade 5 X
    Get Didi Vatermann to grade 5 X
    Get Elvira Martuuk to grade 5 X
    Get Felicity Farseer to grade 5 X
    Get Hera Tani to grade 5 X
    Get Juri Ishmaak to grade 5 X
    Get Lei Cheung to grade 5 X
    Get Liz Ryder to grade 5 X
    Get Lori Jameson to grade 5 X
    Get Marco Qwent to grade 5 X
    Get Professor Palin to grade 5 X
    Get Ram Tah to grade 5 X
    Get Selene Jean to grade 5 X
    Get The Dweller to grade 5 X
    Get The Sarge to grade 5 X
    Get Tiana Fortune to grade 5 X
    Get Tod McQuinn to grade 5 X
    Get Zacariah Nemo to grade 5 X
    Visit Jameson Crash Site
    Visit Inara base(s)
    Visit Thargoid sites
    Visit Asteroid Base
    Thanks for the list Evoflash, I've just stolen it for own use. Have a bacon sandwich on me

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast