Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Mission redirect on mac sets destination to planetary base - ergo unreachable - request rewind or deletion

Mission redirect on mac sets destination to planetary base - ergo unreachable - request rewind or deletion

Hi I was about to complete a mission to deliver 60 tons of Liquor, when a redirect popped up to a nearby system. I accepted the redirect, and now I'm properly screwed.

It's not possible to land on the planetary base since I'm playing on a mac.

Update: Have wiped the save.

Yours sincerely frustrated and annoyed

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #2
    Originally Posted by Rick Carson View Post (Source)
    Hi I was about to complete a mission to deliver 60 tons of Liquor, when a redirect popped up to a nearby system. I accepted the redirect, and now I'm properly screwed.

It's not possible to land on the planetary base since I'm playing on a mac. I can't throw the goods away without incurring a fine - and due to a few oddities of my playstyle that would essentially be suicide (I wipe the save on fines).

CMDR FILTHY NEUTRAL
    System: ANGI

In order of preference:

Could I get the mission-redirect undone?

Failing that could I get the mission and its associated cargo deleted without incurring a fine?

Failing that ... I dunno. Might as well put a bullet in me.

Yours sincerely frustrated and annoyed
    Hi there,

I've been seeing a few of these reported recently.

Can you post the title of the mission for me, please?

Thanks,
    Dom

Originally Posted by Dominic Corner View Post (Source)
    Hi there,

I've been seeing a few of these reported recently.

Can you post the title of the mission for me, please?

Thanks,
    Dom
    https://imgur.com/a/jNhXI

Screenshots

I'm specifically objecting to the alternate mission redirect sending me somewhere that it is impossible to go (no planetary landings on the mac)

Originally Posted by Dominic Corner View Post (Source)
    Hi there,

Dom
    Since you're a fellow programmer, I thought I'd quickly run past you some bugs that may not have made it through the bug forum:

1. The starter mission to Eravate (assuming a start at Trevithick) only happens about half the time.
    2. The reminder message to change your firegroups after coming out of outfitting should NOT be modal - it's entirely possible to switch to a different screen (e.g. galaxy or system map) and be trapped there with *almost* no way of getting out. Even more hilarious is that you can exit out of outfitting, and flick to the firegroups screen and try to change the firegroups - and fail - because the message that tells you you need to change your firegroups is preventing you from changing your firegroups - and it's offscreen.
    3. The exploration payouts are screwy. You get more (net) if you scan without the detailed scanner, go away and sell the data (level 2 scan) and then come back and scan with the detailed scanner (level 3 scan) and then sell that data - because the payout for the level 3 scan does not include the payout for the level 2 scan, but precludes you from getting it later.
    4. When mining; planetary rings - even in direct sunlight - on the mac are only barely more lit than a ring in planetary shadow on the PC. This was supposed to be fixed recently (?) but the change - if any - is barely noticeable.
    5. if I don't have a wake scanner, low and high wakes shouldn't prioritise above everything else when I'm selecting a target in a region with multiple targets.
    6. similarly, resource extraction sites tend to block the planet behind them (about 80-90% of the time I have to give up and select the planet from the navigation screen.

7. lastly, and this is UI/UX not a bug per se - but it's super annoying - in over three years of playing I have never ever wanted to see both the local system and other star systems in the navigation screen at the same time. Either I want a local destination or a not local destination. Adding the filters didn't fix that problem, because then I'd effectively keep needing to flip between two completely different filter settings. These should be two separate lists, not the same list.

8. when you disengage to enter a starport/outpost instance, there is a surge of music which prevents other sounds - most importantly the whoosh of boost - from playing. The control feedback is more important than the distant surge of trumpets. NB: it didn't used to be that way, I think this is a bug which got introduced in 2.2 or 2.3
    9. T7s, Clippers, Orcas, T9s and even Beluga Liners are frequent visitors to outposts. Which is not just baffling (because they can't land there) but annoying too, since they appear to be able to lock down landing pads (which they can't possibly land at) until they get bored and push off.
    10. I don't need a message for passengers disembarking, this is just spammy and annoying.
    11. In the outfitting screen the lists are often sorted the wrong way. E.g. if I'm taking a size 2 cargo unit out of storage and putting it on my ship, I shouldn't have to scroll down through to the bottom of the list (past all the 4s, 5s and 6s) to get to the 2s.
    12. in outfitting, if I'm selecting a weapon to go into an empty hardpoint, I shouldn't have to hit 15 different confirmations
    13. paradoxically, the UI for removing a module and putting it in storage is so bad that you're actually better off going in to the store-multiple option even if you just want to store one thing
    14. in outfitting, for the core internals 99% of the time I don't want to know that there are options available - particularly when it's one of those high-tech high-pop planets which only serves up items of size 3 or less. Rather, I want to know if they have something BETTER than what I'm currently using.
    15. There should be a button to upgrade your cargo holds to maximum (something which you almost always have to do by hand since most cargo racks are one size smaller than their maximum)

6. This is the last staff post in this thread. #6
    Hey Rick,

The best place to post bug reports would be the bug forums as you mentioned initially, our QA team will investigate them.

Though some quality of life changes might be better suited to the feedback forums instead.

Originally Posted by CMDR Vulcan View Post (Source)
    Hey Rick,

The best place to post bug reports would be the bug forums as you mentioned initially, our QA team will investigate them.

Though some quality of life changes might be better suited to the feedback forums instead.
    I have posted a lot over there in the past, but white knights ruined it by attacking people who posted bugs. Also, I've already uninstalled the game so yeah.