Page 1 of 26 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandro confirmed roll 1-5 for every new module..

Sandro confirmed roll 1-5 for every new module..

On the fdev live stream, Sandro confirmed we will need to roll grades 1-5 for every new module.

edit.. clip https://clips.twitch.tv/TenaciousTen...richHumbleLife

Discuss...

Still unsure about how much that means, 1 roll on each grade? Or a couple of each grade? Very big difference.

Still, since I heard they were going that route rather than just removing secondaries I've been panic engineering everything I've got. All done soon.

We still lack a ton of details about these new changes to have a serious opinion. (like, how many rolls does it take on average to maxout a grade ?)

Anyway, being forced to roll every module from G1 to get a G5 mod doesn't feel really pleasant

Originally Posted by Shanaeri View Post (Source)
    On the fdev live stream, Sandro confirmed we will need to roll grades 1-5 for every new module.

Discuss...
    Ha ha ah, quite unbelievable really, is anyone else starting to feel like FD maybe doesn't like them?

This is carrot an stick, with a second whack of the stick, call it balance then. OK.

A cowboy hat and a draft excluder don't excuse poor game design.

I’m not sure this is the way forward, seems to me, it’s just an increased grind.
    Poor game design incoming! A big step backwards imho

Sounds bad. If only my hotas wasn't broken, I'd be out there grinding upgrades right now.

From what I understood during the live stream it goes like this... With each individual ship owned and each module therin the upgrade process begins at level one, then has to be worked right through until you level up..... and so on until level five reached. (Assuming five levels remain)

Seems to me this will add an inordinate amount of time to fully upgrade one ship alone ? As one starts at level one with the next ship and all it’s modules. The rep system for engineers will be eliminated. I’m hoping I misunderstood this.

Flimley

Thank god I've just finished engineering my fleet!
    No thanks Sandro, I have enjoyed the engineers but I won't be doing all that again for each bit on any of the new ships I like.

Discuss...
    Not happy.

Originally Posted by Cruise View Post (Source)
    Iím not sure this is the way forward, seems to me, itís just an increased grind.
    They've just spread the same grind out so it doesn't look like the same grind at a glance.

Originally Posted by Cruise View Post (Source)
    I’m not sure this is the way forward, seems to me, it’s just an increased grind.
    This is my fear too, that it might actually increase the grind of engineering, which would absolutely be one of the worst changes ever made in the history of gaming. You wouldn't need to farm mats for just the grade you want, now you'll have to farm mats for every grade before it too. Hopefully other changes offset the new grind, but this colors me skeptical.

Discuss...

a bit like throwing a rabbit in a pen with two pitbulls...no? 'Discuss....' Still too vague - more data please?

No, just no.

Sandro if you read this forcing grade 1-5 rolls is a terrible idea, as others have said replacing grind with grind.
    If you're set on the idea then incentivise it. Maybe allow people to roll directly at grade 5, but give better outcomes/more mods if you go 1-5

First, whether it's terrible or not would depend on the tries that are required to progress from G1 to G5.
    Other than that, I feel like this change makes the distinction between grade kind of obsolete. Or will each grade come with its own drawbacks and possible experimental (secondaries)? I'd still really appreciate it if we were given a practical example of how the changes might work on a given module. Because without knowing that, giving thorough feedback is difficult.

Page 1 of 26 1236 ... LastLast